Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

came oh so close the year with Romero at QB. i remember going to that game at Bellefontaine- wow! i think next years Burg team could be better than that..
I think so too, Forrest relied too much on Kaleb at times. The talent is well spread out now. Hurst and Conley are only sophomores, so we have two more good years. It's a toss up after that

If Rice had a big WR to throw to that would make a big difference. I think we would have absolutely put it to New Middletown Springfield, hoping we can get to Canton
and i completely agree. Anna was the best team by far but Burg had to be #2. gave Anna it’s best game in the playoffs. greenon doesn’t have many big kids, but they do have athletes. i guess you just have to work with what you have.

and i completely agree. Anna was the best team by far but Burg had to be #2. gave Anna it’s best game in the playoffs. greenon doesn’t have many big kids, but they do have athletes. i guess you just have to work with what you have.
Agree, I have watched the Davis kid and Benson kid wrestle, wrestlers are generally good football players and those kids are pretty good. Greenon is still 100% more competitive than I've ever seen. It was a game I was nervous about last year

Agree, I have watched the Davis kid and Benson kid wrestle, wrestlers are generally good football players and those kids are pretty good. Greenon is still 100% more competitive than I've ever seen. It was a game I was nervous about last year
burg had a winning game plan and greenon didn’t, fair and square. it will be much closer next year. i think the greenon confidence was down after losing that one to Fairbanks. but still, burg was good, and they’ll be even better next year. as will greenon.

How can Greenon be better when they lose the Senior class, which was second best to their Junior class? I just don't see Greenon being better next year. Unless they have a stud class of 8th graders coming in. This is not a slam, I truly want to know how you think that.

as far as WJ, they had a solid backup running back, but he was no playmaker like jones. WJ having 70 kids on the sidelines almost makes me think they don’t belong in the OHC! but no better league for them besides ours. i don’t mind a trip to west jeff every year or so for sports, nice town for sure.
Gavin Frybarger ran for 680 yards with less than 6 carries a game, he will be a senior. Tyler B also has an arsenal of Jr and Sr receivers back for 2020. WJ will be fine in 2020.

Last edited:
We lose basically 6 kids and the bulk are coming back. With Anna losing so many players this year, I think this COULD be our year in 2020 but who knows

Kicker will be if the rest of the MAC comes back to R24.

West Jeff and Burg are 100% the favorites to win the OHC next year. WLS has a lot of holes to fill (QB, RB, OL, DL). They will be strong in the receiving game, linebacker core and secondary. The projected lack of a line greatly concerns me though, not much size in the halls of WLS these days.

burg had a winning game plan and greenon didn’t, fair and square. it will be much closer next year. i think the greenon confidence was down after losing that one to Fairbanks. but still, burg was good, and they’ll be even better next year. as will greenon.

I would make a friendly wager that the Knights see another running clock in that game next year. :)

any idea who will replace Printz? I don't think we have any southeastern posters- may be hard to get some insight

We've had a few, but I haven't seen them in a long time. PitchinCEO and .....I can't remember his name.... Cade maybe? Both were great members.

I have to think the SE job would belong to AJ Woods if he wants it.
I like Sargent Schultz know nothing just a guess

Bigger question - Since going to 12 teams I get the feeling there is a level of discontentment with the OHC from multiple schools for different reasons.
But since the addition and the north south split it feels different and not a good different. I understand some posters may not know what it was like before the expansion but just a question.

I have to think the SE job would belong to AJ Woods if he wants it.
I like Sargent Schultz know nothing just a guess

Bigger question - Since going to 12 teams I get the feeling there is a level of discontentment with the OHC from multiple schools for different reasons.
But since the addition and the north south split it feels different and not a good different. I understand some posters may not know what it was like before the expansion but just a question.

Meh. It's not terrible, but I liked the old format a heckuva lot better. The expansion added some quality opponents for sure. Replacement instead of expansion may have been a better way to go though. There are far too few OOC games in just about every sport.

Meh. It's not terrible, but I liked the old format a heckuva lot better. The expansion added some quality opponents for sure. Replacement instead of expansion may have been a better way to go though. There are far too few OOC games in just about every sport.
in my opinion, drop one of the crossovers in football. I made a proposal for what it would look like my way, ill send it to you through DM

I agree on the replacement over expansion in hindsight. Maybe time to blow this thing up and start again? 20 years is a decent life span for a conference affiliation

Last edited:
I agree on the replacement over expansion in hindsight. Maybe time to blow this thing up and start again? 20 years is a decent life span for a conference affiliation.
I don't see the OHC blowing up. it's fairly stable, but some schools are unhappy about 3 crossovers in both the north and south. it prevents some of the monsters in the north from getting enough harbins from an extra quality OOC opponent, and it prevents the teams from the south from being in a competitive game against an extra OOC.

It's more than just crossovers that bother people and more than just football. Big picture visions are vastly different around the OHC member schools.

It's more than just crossovers that bother people and more than just football. Big picture visions are vastly different around the OHC member schools.
but being football specific, Fairbanks, West Liberty Salem, Mechanicsburg, and West Jefferson are all happy playing each other. in the south, Cedarville, Catholic Central, and Southeastern are all happy with each other. I guess Greeneview doesn't mind it, but if they are going to be D5 again anytime soon (confident they will) then they can't be playing 3-4 D7 schools every season. Greenon may outgrow it but as a fan I'm okay playing Greeneview in sports, its a nice little division rivalry of two somewhat similar communities. I enjoy the drives to Cedarville but in reality don't like playing D7 teams. When traveling to the North teams, I have enjoyed every trip except triad. Burg, West Lib, and West Jeff are all nice small towns!

but being football specific, Fairbanks, West Liberty Salem, Mechanicsburg, and West Jefferson are all happy playing each other. in the south, Cedarville, Catholic Central, and Southeastern are all happy with each other. I guess Greeneview doesn't mind it, but if they are going to be D5 again anytime soon (confident they will) then they can't be playing 3-4 D7 schools every season. Greenon may outgrow it but as a fan I'm okay playing Greeneview in sports, its a nice little division rivalry of two somewhat similar communities. I enjoy the drives to Cedarville but in reality don't like playing D7 teams. When traveling to the North teams, I have enjoyed every trip except triad. Burg, West Lib, and West Jeff are all nice small towns!

I would have to disagree with this sentiment. I consider Flint, MI a nicer small town than those I have bold and underlined....

I would have to disagree with this sentiment. I consider Flint, MI a nicer small town than those I have bold and underlined....
you have jokes color! but in all seriousness and all hatred for the schools aside, nice communities to visit one or two times a year.

Northeastern picks up Bradford and Southeastern picks up Worthington Christian and Ridgemont. no clue who Cedarville has. Plains probably keeps Fredrickstown and Westfall. Greeneview has Middletown Madison (imagine that game two years ago!) and waynesville. Burg has KR and Urbana. West Jeff has Carlisle and Waterford. Triad has Ben Logan and Buckeye Central. Fairbanks picks up Cardington Lincoln. no idea on West Liberty Salem.

Key 2020 Losses (all OHC players):
Catholic Central: Ryan Ewing (WR/S), Colby Zeller (OL/DL)
Cedarville: Colby Cross (WR/DB), Wes Wickline (OL/DE)
Fairbanks: Dakota Key (OL/DL), Sam Rengert (OL/DL), Braxton Wilhelm (QB/DB), Gatlin Luke (WR/DB)
Greeneview: Clay Payton (RB/LB), Nick Wolfe (OL/DL), Michael Hanson (OL/LB)
Greenon: Dylan Bardnell (OL/DL), Luke Downing (WR/DB)
Madison Plains: Ethan Hill (OL/DL), Jarrett Vallery (QB/DB), Matt Holbrook (OL/DL), Parker Wright (OL/DL)
Mechanicsburg: Kix Thiel (TE/DL), Logan Hurst (QB/DB), Noah Wolf (WR/LB), Mack Delong (WR/SS)
Northeastern: Codey Taylor (OL/LB)
Southeastern: Tucker Eriksen (WR/DB), Hayden Mckee (RB/LB), Austin Sanders (WR/DB), Emerson Severt (OL/LB)
Triad: Logan McCoy (WR/DB), Jordan Simonelli (QB/LB)
West Jefferson: Gabe Jones (RB/DB)*, Shane Bumgardner (OL/DL), Cory Hart (OL/DL), Brenton Robertson (OL/DL)
West Liberty-Salem: Isaac Lee (OL/DL), Holden Nease (RB/DL), Kyle Wolfe (OL/DL), Trevor Woodruff (QB/DB), Eli McGill (OL/DL), Trenton Douthwaite (WR/DB)

Key 2020 Returners (all OHC players):
Catholic Central: None
Cedarville: Kane Odon (RB/ILB), Mason Bowen (RB/DB)
Fairbanks: Braylon Green (WR/LB), Riordin Stauffer (RB/LB)
Greeneview: Ian Henry (OL/DL), Dakota Mangan (WR/LB), Jarrod Mays (FB/LB), Logan Sandlin (WR/DB)
Greenon: Cade Rice (QB/DB)*, Kameron Cox (RB/DB), Nathan Hawks (K), Bass Moore (WR/DB), Clay Hough (WR/DB), Brendon Parrett (OL/LB), Arlie Benson Jr (WR/DB)
Madison Plains: Paul Bryant (RB/DB), Ryan Ernst (WR/DB)
Mechanicsburg: Caden Coleman (OL/DL), Jake Hurst (WR/LB), Chayse Propst (RB/DL), Keith Bebout (WR/FS), Aaron Conley (QB/DB)
Northeastern: Gunnar Leonard (RB/DL)
Southeastern: Wade Eriksen (QB/DB)
Triad: None
West Jefferson: Tyler Buescher (QB/DB), Tyler Oberle (WR/DB), Dylan Lambert (RB/DL)
West Liberty-Salem: Nick Burden (WR/DB), Isaiah McGill (RB/TE/LB)

* denotes OHC Player of the Year

Looking at that, WLS and West Jefferson get hit hardest by graduation. I think West Jefferson recovers better as they have a plethora of replacements at nearly every position (even though Jones is irreplaceable). Greenon and Mechancisburg have the most returning.

North appears to be a 2-man race (Burg and West Jefferson).

I don't think anyone challenges Greenon in the south.