Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
ladies and gentlemen, the 2019 football season was a great one for our conference. we had not 1, but 2 state semi-finalists. all 3 playoff teams were regional finalists as well, and we were very very close to having a 4th playoff participant. i look for similar success next year. let’s get this thing going! if anyone would like to start informing us on who’s coming back from your respective schools as well as your expectations for next season, let’s hear it.

This probably should be on the wrestling thread, but I know you OHC posters like your wrestling. This might interest you esp. Burg fans, Romero today def. the no. 11 ranked wrestler in the nation today in an OSU - Cornell dual meet.
Yessir 6-5, Kaleb was ranked #13, interested to see where he moves up to

Greenon loses 7 players, all started 1 way. 6/7 were lineman, so i think that’s the biggest question going forward.

West Jeff will lose some on the line but they have some good skilled players coming back they should be alright

WLS loses most of their line, QB and RB but their secondary, receivers, and linebackers are back. Against normal competition, they’d be golden. Against what WJ and Burg have coming back it will be a battle. Best case 8-2, worse case 6-4. They will truly be a product of a great league next season.

i’ll take Greenon and Mechanicsburg winning the divisions. i don’t foresee Greeneview being a challenge (2021 i think they will be back), and Madison Plains is simply going to be average again in my opinion. Southeastern is losing the seniors so not much to be confident in. Cedarville and Catholic Central should be improved, but not contenders. in the north, West Jeff is losing that MONSTER o-line and of course Jones. but they always reload. West Liberty i think goes 7-3, who do they play in OOC next year?! Fairbanks will be okay, they were senior driven. Northeastern should be better but i don’t see Triad being very great. Burg isn’t losing enough for them to take a step back, i look for them to be just as good, if not better.

This probably should be on the wrestling thread, but I know you OHC posters like your wrestling. This might interest you esp. Burg fans, Romero today def. the no. 11 ranked wrestler in the nation today in an OSU - Cornell dual meet.

He is doing great. I saw an interview with Kaleb recently where he said really felt better after going up a weight class and that it made him stronger, and healthier. Great lesson for younger athletes that wrestle, from a great role model.

Last edited:
It's way too early for any OHC 2020 projections. Kids are hitting the weight room and will be attending camps in the summer. And add in transfers and such. It's way too early.
The OHC had one of their best years in OHC history. Let's celebrate that first.

It's way too early for any OHC 2020 projections. Kids are hitting the weight room and will be attending camps in the summer. And add in transfers and such. It's way too early.
The OHC had one of their best years in OHC history. Let's celebrate that first.
probably the best year. and i think we are all just excited. by transfers are you implying a certain QB from a certain school? ;)?

Not at all. Rice will stay at Greenon from what I'm hearing. But you never know who might move into your district. We've seen it happen all the time. I remember a kid from the CBC went to MB to wrestle and play football a few years back. So you never know who might be at your door step wanting to play for your team. With the success the OHC had this year, I expect a few more of these happening next year. And that is great for the OHC.

Not at all. Rice will stay at Greenon from what I'm hearing. But you never know who might move into your district. We've seen it happen all the time. I remember a kid from the CBC went to MB to wrestle and play football a few years back. So you never know who might be at your door step wanting to play for your team. With the success the OHC had this year, I expect a few more of these happening next year. And that is great for the OHC.
couldn’t agree with you more.

The odds of Rice leaving is a lot higher than most Enon folk think. If he’s gone, Greenon goes 1-9 maybe 2-8 in 2020.
i agree they are probably higher odds but 2-8? that’s absurd. the back up QB is actually pretty decent, he has went in and made some plays against the big boys before. but he’s no cade rice obviously. the receivers they have can make any QB look good in my opinion. if they lose rice i’m still going to expect 6-4/7-3 depending on who the non conference opponents are. is Rice really the difference between 9-1 and 1-9? absolutely not. but Rice is probably the difference between playoffs and missing out again. we’ll see what happens, i definitely pray at night about him staying haha.

i agree they are probably higher odds but 2-8? that’s absurd. the back up QB is actually pretty decent, he has went in and made some plays against the big boys before. but he’s no cade rice obviously. the receivers they have can make any QB look good in my opinion. if they lose rice i’m still going to expect 6-4/7-3 depending on who the non conference opponents are. is Rice really the difference between 9-1 and 1-9? absolutely not. but Rice is probably the difference between playoffs and missing out again. we’ll see what happens, i definitely pray at night about him staying haha.

Greenon could barley get to 7-3 or 6-4 with Rice. Terrible Oline play on top of only one returning next season and the run defense was even worst. Losing a pretty good pass catcher in #24 wont help either. If Rice leave SCC is the only guarantee win in my opinion.

Greenon could barley get to 7-3 or 6-4 with Rice. Terrible Oline play on top of only one returning next season and the run defense was even worst. Losing a pretty good pass catcher in #24 wont help either. If Rice leave SCC is the only guarantee win in my opinion.
they play an awful schedule c’mon now. but you’re right on the money with the issues they have. if it were me, i would be playing a 5 wide offense next year. crazy enough that #24 didn’t make all state but one of Madison Plains receivers did. but i think greenon will be fine. rice is important but they have enough talent at the skill positions.

O-line is the wildcard in much of what happens going forward. Knightsfan: I respect your opinions, but if u think someone else can come in and do what rice has done, or even come close, in the face of constant pressure I think your sorely mistaken. To be fair the line was improved compared to his 1st 2 yrs

The receivers can make any QB look good, but you pray at nite he stays?? 6 or 7 wins without him is a dream

O-line is the wildcard in much of what happens going forward. Knightsfan: I respect your opinions, but if u think someone else can come in and do what rice has done, or even come close, in the face of constant pressure I think your sorely mistaken. To be fair the line was improved compared to his 1st 2 yrs
i do not at all think the backup could do anything near what Rice has done. i would describe him as “serviceable”. a “serviceable” QB with the skill players they have can still win a weak OHC south. the line play has improved, but if they want any chance at a playoff run, it needs much improved.

The receivers can make any QB look good, but you pray at nite he stays?? 6 or 7 wins without him is a dream
i said he’s the difference between playoffs and not going to the playoffs. i can name 4 games they will win regardless of if Rice leaves or not. and probably 2-3 more. as a faithful fan, i will hope any great player stays! would love to see a potential player of the year in Ohio come from my community. Rice or not, i’m confident the boys will come out and fight like they do and the coaches will get what they can out of who they have.

I think Greenon’s receivers are solid and have improved in their catching from previous two seasons. I don’t think any of them are true deep threat that can blow the lid off a good defense or are dynamic enough to win the jump ball against quality DB’s. There’s just not much talent on the roster of 30 kids. Too many weak backs running around out there for the Knights. Weight program not up to par with OHC playoff caliber teams.

I think Greenon’s receivers are solid and have improved in their catching from previous two seasons. I don’t think any of them are true deep threat that can blow the lid off a good defense or are dynamic enough to win the jump ball against quality DB’s. There’s just not much talent on the roster of 30 kids. Too many weak backs running around out there for the Knights. Weight program not up to par with OHC playoff caliber teams.
there is a lot of truth in that statement. maybe some of the weight program issue is commitment, but that can't be the only thing. with the receivers, i think they are very speedy for the most part, but the OC puts them in good position with good play calling, and the QB makes the right reads 90% of the time.

If there wasn’t commitment in the weight room this past year what makes you believe anything will change next year? I am inclined think many are perfectly content on riding one players back for an entire season, so they can wear a conference championship patch on their letterman jacket. Teams without depth often find complacency. Especially teams that have a culture of 2-38. Tough to light a fire under a players butt if they’re underperforming or lacking in effort, knowing dang well they can’t lose their starting spot on a team of 30.

Speaking of the all-ohio team for D5, I found it interesting that Madison Plain's QB got 3rd team all-ohio and West Liberty-Salem's Woodruff didn't even get special mention. The only WLS selections on the All-Ohio team were Kyle Wolfe (1st team defense) and Eli McGill (Special Mention offense).

I'm not taking anything away from Jarrett Vallery from MP, but in what realm does Trevor Woodruff not deserve to be all-ohio? I guess it just goes to show how absolutely ill informed the AP voters in Ohio are. ?‍♂️