Burg
Triad
WLS
West Jeff
Fairbanks
Madison Plains
SE
Cedarville
and if you wanted 9 and to make some others happy Northeastern - But they may well be the Buck Creek Buccaneers soon
For me these teams, towns areas have the most common bonds and similarities. There would be ups and downs for all schools but more common ground.

Teams would have to agree to the following -
1. Uniform drug testing - or none but every school has the same policy
2. None of the AD's fathers are allowed to pick the officials

Looking outside the current OHC teams I would consider, North Union, Grandview Heights, North western (but I don't like crossing 68) ..........about all I'm coming up with.

The no way ever (or ever again list) - just for me would be
1 Springfield Catholic Central - or any private, not the only reason for SCC on the list but just saying
Ben Logan - cant get there from here or anywhere and other stuff
Indian Lake
Auglaize county teams - Too far
Hardin County teams - too far

Working with the current OHC teams I would keep together
Burg
Triad
WLS
West Jeff
Fairbanks
Madison Plains
SE
Cedarville
and if you wanted 9 and to make some others happy Northeastern - But they may well be the Buck Creek Buccaneers soon
For me these teams, towns areas have the most common bonds and similarities. There would be ups and downs for all schools but more common ground.

Teams would have to agree to the following -
1. Uniform drug testing - or none but every school has the same policy
2. None of the AD's fathers are allowed to pick the officials

Looking outside the current OHC teams I would consider, North Union, Grandview Heights, North western (but I don't like crossing 68) ..........about all I'm coming up with.

The no way ever (or ever again list) - just for me would be
1 Springfield Catholic Central - or any private, not the only reason for SCC on the list but just saying
Ben Logan - cant get there from here or anywhere and other stuff
Indian Lake
Auglaize county teams - Too far
Hardin County teams - too far
interesting proposal for sure.. so i understand wanting catholic central out, but what exactly makes you feel like Greenon and Greeneview don’t fit with the rest? i know the town of Enon and Jamestown are almost too similar in my opinion except Enon is probably a little bigger- but same feel and same type of people. i’m not taking shots one bit i would just like to hear what you think?

also i’m not sure Northeastern fits anywhere. they should’ve consolidated with Kenton Ridge when they had the chance. if that happened, the OHC probably boots out Catholic Central and sends them to the MBC (which realistically is where they should be) and then we are a 10 team league. could either play 7 or 9 league games, with 7 being preferred by many including myself. that gets rid of the two least competitive teams across the board in each division.

Not a joke. Seems like that would be just good practice in general for any Conference, but when your's don't stink it makes you see things in funny light. Not meant for all y'all but if the shoe fits.

I think we all know WLS folk fart febreeze DTR.....

I just had @fire331 say "oh my gosh, my house stinks so bad because I'm from Mechanicsburg and that's natural for us. Can you please get super gassy and come make it smell better?" It was super weird.

interesting proposal for sure.. so i understand wanting catholic central out, but what exactly makes you feel like Greenon and Greeneview don’t fit with the rest? i know the town of Enon and Jamestown are almost too similar in my opinion except Enon is probably a little bigger- but same feel and same type of people. i’m not taking shots one bit i would just like to hear what you think?

also i’m not sure Northeastern fits anywhere. they should’ve consolidated with Kenton Ridge when they had the chance. if that happened, the OHC probably boots out Catholic Central and sends them to the MBC (which realistically is where they should be) and then we are a 10 team league. could either play 7 or 9 league games, with 7 being preferred by many including myself. that gets rid of the two least competitive teams across the board in each division.

It's not that I have a lot against Jamestown or Enon, but not a lot for them either. I travel through almost every OHC town every week and those two are just a little different. Not saying good or bad but different than the ones I listed. Probably most like west jeff but wired a little different. Also proximity to the most of the schools, Greenon and Greenview are so close to Dayton they have options that way and I'm a fan of going east.

Central to MBC is exactly where they need to be.

I'd group Greenon & Greeneview with KR, NWrn, Shawnee, Graham, Bethel and maybe Miami East or Dayton Northridge
It's my belief league's should play every one and be in proximity that kids may know each other out side of seeing them every other year.

It's not that I have a lot against Jamestown or Enon, but not a lot for them either. I travel through almost every OHC town every week and those two are just a little different. Not saying good or bad but different than the ones I listed. Probably most like west jeff but wired a little different. Also proximity to the most of the schools, Greenon and Greenview are so close to Dayton they have options that way and I'm a fan of going east.

I'd group Greenon & Greeneview with KR, NWrn, Shawnee, Graham, Bethel and maybe Miami East or Dayton Northridge
It's my belief league's should play every one and be in proximity that kids may know each other out side of seeing them every other year.
your proposal at the bottom is exactly what i would like to see. Greenon, Greeneview, and Shawnee all belong together. throw KR in there too. i’d throw in Northwestern, Dayton Northridge, Northeastern, and i guess Tecumseh. Northridge isn’t a perfect fit but i think they fit well enough. and size wise these schools all fit together (Tecumseh’s school size is inflated with kids that don’t play sports, they’ll be fine). no travel is too long either. 44 minutes from Northwestern to Greeneview. and almost all travel is major roads for each school.

Bethel and Miami East would be ideal but they have a perfect home in the TRC coming up. Graham and Urbana would also work just fine but they won’t ever split, and i think they like the spot they are in.

i completely agree i think the towns of Jamestown and Enon are a little different and i think that’s due to there proximity to Dayton.

In terms of kids knowing each other, with GISA in Springfield, there are so many kids that know each other from the surrounding area in sports it is crazy. It’s good to see kids become friends from other districts makes competition that much better IMO!

Probably need to throw Fairborn in there too. I know this is football but I can't find any information on the OHC wrestling tourney. Any info would be appreciated.

Probably need to throw Fairborn in there too. I know this is football but I can't find any information on the OHC wrestling tourney. Any info would be appreciated.
The OHC wrestling tourney is on trackwrestling.com search for Ohio Heritage Conference. It took place at West Jeff this year

i would love fairborn in a conference with Greenon and Tecumseh but taht will never happen.

I also like the above idea of Greeneview added in to my 8 to replace Bellefontaine. As much as they are an established rival with Urbana, KR and Shawnee they could go north to the WBL or with the northern MVL teams. Alot of fun to throw around speculation like this

My “ideal” 8 would honestly look like this:

WLS
Burg
West Jeff
Triad
Fairbanks
North Union
Ben Logan (sorry DTR)
Kenton Ridge

That's a bad conference for Triad. I don't see a lot of winning for them.

I selfishly would like to see.....
Riverside
Triad
WLS
Burg
Indian Lake
Ben Logan
Waynesfield
Lehman/Fairbanks

I wouldn't mind Bethel or Miami East, but they are going to love the TRC in my opinion.

I'm fine with either Lehman or Fairbanks. The Panthers make more sense, but they have a conference with us at least 2 times already.

WLS, Burg, and BL would probably have the most success with FB not far behind. But all those schools have had cycles where they can have some good teams.

Drawbacks would be WG is a small school, and Riverside is getting smaller. Also WLS is perfectly placed in the middle, everyone else is kind of in a circle around them.

That's a bad conference for Triad. I don't see a lot of winning for them.

I selfishly would like to see.....
Riverside
Triad
WLS
Burg
Indian Lake
Ben Logan
Waynesfield
Lehman/Fairbanks

I wouldn't mind Bethel or Miami East, but they are going to love the TRC in my opinion.

I'm fine with either Lehman or Fairbanks. The Panthers make more sense, but they have a conference with us at least 2 times already.

WLS, Burg, and BL would probably have the most success with FB not far behind. But all those schools have had cycles where they can have some good teams.

Drawbacks would be WG is a small school, and Riverside is getting smaller. Also WLS is perfectly placed in the middle, everyone else is kind of in a circle around them.

I do wish that Riverside had come along into the OHC. It doesn't make sense that West Liberty and DeGraff are 6 miles away and they aren't in the same conference. Even with the size differential.

WLS is continuing to grow. At some point, their best move may be to go to the small school division of the CBC to be honest.

I do wish that Riverside had come along into the OHC. It doesn't make sense that West Liberty and DeGraff are 6 miles away and they aren't in the same conference. Even with the size differential.

WLS is continuing to grow. At some point, their best move may be to go to the small school division of the CBC to be honest.
Small school CBC makes perfect sense in all regards for WLS, easy travel, would compete with NU as the big dog in all but wrestling. And a sense superiority to those communities.....but is there a conference they wouldn't

Any way you cut it, focusing on location:
- WLS, Triad, Burg and probably Fairbanks all belong together (and probably North Union)
- West Jefferson and Madison Plains belong together
- Northeastern, Southesatern and Greenon belong together (and probably Northwestern & Miami East)
- Cedarville and Greeneview belong together (and probably East Clitnon)

600px-OHC_Map.jpg

It is my understanding that Greenon was a combination of Green Township School and Enon High School. But, there is something missing in Clark County and with the new school being built in the Greenon district, they should rebrand and become Southwestern. Just a bit of Friday humor...

It is my understanding that Greenon was a combination of Green Township School and Enon High School. But, there is something missing in Clark County and with the new school being built in the Greenon district, they should rebrand and become Southwestern. Just a bit of Friday humor...
haha! i first thought this when i moved here.

actually, this would be a pretty interesting league

1st division- Greenon, Shawnee, Kenton Ridge, Northwestern, Greeneview, Northeastern

2nd division- Milton Union, Dayton Northridge, Bethel, Miami East, Graham, Urbana

or go big/small if you desire

Small: Greenon, Greeneview, Northeastern, Bethel, Miami East, Shawnee

Big: Milton Union, Northwestern, Urbana, Graham, Kenton Ridge, Dayton Northridge

so could this WCOC remake

Small: Ridgemont, Waynesfield-Goshen, Triad, Riverside, Mechanicsburg

Big: West Liberty Salem, North Union, Ben Logan, Indian Lake, Fairbanks

Last edited:
I also like the above idea of Greeneview added in to my 8 to replace Bellefontaine. As much as they are an established rival with Urbana, KR and Shawnee they could go north to the WBL or with the northern MVL teams. Alot of fun to throw around speculation like this

Bellefontaine is screwed big time if there's ever a major realignment and the Springfield area CBC schools leave them out in the cold. The current KT is by far the best competitive and geographic fit they can get. Outside of Kenton the rest of the current WBL is a 50 minute to an hour and a half drive for them.

MVL I don't think they'll ever have a chance to get in unless the northern schools split off and create an 8 team league. Even in that scenario they'd be a bit on the small side and would have some trips of an hour or more.

Bellefontaine is screwed big time if there's ever a major realignment and the Springfield area CBC schools leave them out in the cold. The current KT is by far the best competitive and geographic fit they can get. Outside of Kenton the rest of the current WBL is a 50 minute to an hour and a half drive for them.

MVL I don't think they'll ever have a chance to get in unless the northern schools split off and create an 8 team league. Even in that scenario they'd be a bit on the small side and would have some trips of an hour or more.
while i agree they would be screwed i think they would go with the northern MVL teams and Tecumseh would go to the south

In terms of geography/history/size/competitive level IMO WLS, Triad and Mechanicsburg should be with Fairbanks, West Jeff and North Union. Southeastern and MP with Greeneview, Cedarville, East Clinton and a 6th school. Central should probably be going to the MBC and Greenon and NE into something with the Clark county CBC schools.

while i agree they would be screwed i think they would go with the northern MVL teams and Tecumseh would go to the south

I can't see Tecumseh ever splitting from the local CBC schools. With the southern MVL schools they don't fit demographically and their gates in football and basketball would be awful compared to playing the county schools.

I can't see Tecumseh ever splitting from the local CBC schools. With the southern MVL schools they don't fit demographically and their gates in football and basketball would be awful compared to playing the county schools.
personally i want Greenon playing Tecumseh and i want Tecumseh with the county schools. they may be D2 but compete like a D4.

Common theme - is Catholic Central to the MBC - lets make it happen!! Yappi Power!

If they ever drop down to 8 man in football I think this is all but guaranteed to happen...alas, as things stand I think they're going to have fairly healthy numbers in football for the next four years.