Ohio Heritage Conference 2019

I sure didn’t see this final score coming. I thought the way WJ had played in the first two playoff games they might take the win but I didn’t see a shutout of a very good WLS team. Great year WLS and good luck to Mechanicsburg and WJ moving forward.
Great post, I think Coach B learned a lot from the first meeting with WLS, yes, they are a very good team. Coach B controlled the game by controlling the clock and keeping the ball out of the hands of WLS. Turnovers by WLS also was a factor. Personally I have a lot of respect for WLS, good athletes and coached very well. Very hard to stop drives when you have a athlete such as Gabe Jones who can rush for 4-6 years every time, then every now and then break free for 40-50 as he did during this game. WJ is blessed with a strong running game, both Gabe and Gavin Frybarger (Junior) are very consistent. Sad that both these teams belonged to the OHC and one had to eliminate the other. The OHC was impressive this year and looking forward seeing to continued success with teams such as WLS, Mechanicsburg, and West Jefferson.

No disrespect to the kid at all, he's a good HS player, but Im not sure I see a MAC level D 1 player. I saw him against Burg, and he was....poor.
Burg has a good D, but they are just kids, not D1 level kids, maybe one or two go on to play D3 ball somewhere.
I saw AJ Oulette (who went to Ohio) and he was a man among boys. Saw a few others over the years. Just not sure the Greenon boy is up there. But he still has a year to improve and I hope he makes it and makes me eat crow.
He will. He's the most talented player on the field every game he plays. Wouldn't base an opinion off 1 game. Guess u didn't see or hear about what he did to Shawnee this year

All options are on the table from what I understand
where have you heard this? don’t understand why he would transfer, just to play 5 games on a D1/2 stage. he has a good thing with the OC and his receivers at Greenon. he will get plenty of interest regardless. comments like this concern me that there are issues at greenon that we don’t know of.

Last edited:
I love how you’re so cocky lol you beat a 5-5 Greeneview with a Freshman QB?love that sportsmanship of number 7 he’s so Selfless
Have you seen film of the play? 42 blatantly attempted to hurt "#7". Nothing will come out of the appeal, but it's pretty telling when some of the officials who did the game later admitted that they were told several times throughout the course of the season By multiple teams that greeneview plays dirty football. On a positive note at least greeneview's AD did apologize to Greenon for 42's actions.

where have you heard this? don’t understand why he would transfer, just to play 5 games on a D1/2 stage. he has a good thing with the OC and his receivers at Greenon. he will get plenty of interest regardless. comments like this concern me that there are issues at greenon that we don’t know of.
He won't transfer into a situation where he only plays 5 games

He won't transfer into a situation where he only plays 5 games
if he wanted to play all 10, he would have to move into a district. he won’t go to Springfield. Fairborn would be his best option, i know he has ties their. but i don’t think he’s going to the playoffs with fairborn.

No issues. Lack of competition is holding him back recruiting wise.

Greenon had a team in New Miami that was 9-0 that backed out of their game. If this doesn’t happen then they don’t pick up Bradford. Not schedule problem a New Miami issue because they didn’t want to play Greenon.
this is also true. but regardless shouldn't schedule a D7

T
this is also true. but regardless shouldn't schedule a D7
So as a coach you are going to tell the players they only get nine games because we are too good to play a D7 game. There wasn’t a lot of teams with week 2 left open on there schedule when the decision had to be made.

T

So as a coach you are going to tell the players they only get nine games because we are too good to play a D7 game. There wasn’t a lot of teams with week 2 left open on there schedule when the decision had to be made.
not at all. i’m saying from the start, New Miami shouldn’t have been scheduled. i think the better option would be to play a club team that doesn’t count on your record harbin wise, but then you still get a game. that’s just me. i’m not a coach of course and i’m not making a decision. coach wooten made a decision that he thought was best for his players when he was in a tough spot, and i can respect that! but for the record as a family member of a player, if the coach said “it is in our best interest to take a bye week in week two” then i’m not going to be upset at all, knowing what’s a stake.

Last edited:
if he wanted to play all 10, he would have to move into a district. he won’t go to Springfield. Fairborn would be his best option, i know he has ties their. but i don’t think he’s going to the playoffs with fairborn.
Springfield wanted him bad. They have their young QB now (smoot I believe) who already holds offers and is half the QB rice is.

Springfield wanted him bad. They have their young QB now (smoot I believe) who already holds offers and is half the QB rice is.
i also believe Rice is better than Smoot. but starting a transfer over a home grown kid might create issues within the team

disappointing we didn’t get a team to the finals but a heck of a year for the league! now time to talk about next season. teams that did not advance to the playoffs are allowed to start off season workouts on monday!

Last edited:
i was looking at the West Jeff football archives and it turns out they played Greenon once, back in 1980, winning 6-0. i had no idea the schools have ever played each other in any sport before 2016, so very cool!

Forgot to mention this earlier but I know there were a lot of people complaining about the facilities of Wapak prior to our game Friday night. I know the last time we were there in 2013 all the complaints were legit. However they have put a lot of money into updating their facilities. They now have dedicated concessions/restrooms for each side that were built recently. They now have a large building for team/official locker rooms at south end. The bleachers still suck and have not been updated. I did talked to someone that has ties to Wapak and I was told that they are putting an additional $1.5-$1.7 million into seating alone at conclusion of this season. They will be tearing out all bleachers on both sides to put in box seating. Wapak is apparently ranked 13 or 15 in the state for hosting most playoff games. Their goal is to be in the top 5 and they were told by OHSAA that in order to be in top 5 you will need to put in box seats. I dont know how true this is but sounds like additional updates could be coming. Aside from the bleachers I thought the field and facilities were great.

Been a fun year folks. I’ve enjoyed the banter, fun, football talk and even the personal attacks and name calling.

Enjoy basketball season and hope you’re all back next year. Congrats again to our 3 playoff teams and all of the players who got honors.

early 2020 predictions:

north:
1. West jeff
2. Burg
3. WLS
4. Fairbanks
5. Triad
6. northeastern

south:
1. Greenon
2. Greeneview
3. Madison Plains
4. Southeastern
5. Catholic Central
6. Cedarville

WJ, Burg and Greenon all in the playoffs.

Enjoy the off season Wls_color and yes it was a interesting football season, if your ever in WJ send me a text and we can meet up, I see WLS in the mix again, stay in touch my friend.

Been a fun year folks. I’ve enjoyed the banter, fun, football talk and even the personal attacks and name calling.

Enjoy basketball season and hope you’re all back next year. Congrats again to our 3 playoff teams and all of the players who got honors.

early 2020 predictions:

north:
1. West jeff
2. Burg
3. WLS
4. Fairbanks
5. Triad
6. northeastern

south:
1. Greenon
2. Greeneview
3. Madison Plains
4. Southeastern
5. Catholic Central
6. Cedarville

WJ, Burg and Greenon all in the playoffs.
You mean wrestling season, color ???