Ohio Heritage Conference 2019

Lopsided scores for the most part this week. I have never seen a shellacking in football like I did at Ben Logan last night. WLS played the perfect game with their starters in. At the half, 51-0, WLS had 332 yards, Ben Logan had -11 and no first downs (no turnovers in the 1st half by either team). Tigers put the pressure on their young qb all night and had the perfect defensive game plan. BL is not that bad of a team, lots of talent. WLS just thumped them.

This may be one of the better years for the OHC. I think we have 4 legit teams that could make runs in the playoffs, and 2 borderline playoff teams. It’s going to be a shame if one of the four miss out on the playoffs

Looks like a Greenon is for real this year. Congrats to the Knights.
Waynesville is a good team and that win by Greeneview was a good one.
Congrats OHC.
Northwestern looks good. Travel to W Milton to face my Bulldogs. Both teams are 2-0. Northwestern won last years game.

an interesting fact- in D5 region 20, West Jeff is 4 and Greenon is 5! also, West Lib is 2 and Madison Plains is 7. now i know this won’t happen but what are the odds?!?! knights look legit and i look for them to take care of business at Northeastern. old rivalry coming back

how do you guys feel like possible expansion? any solid candidates?? the league is OK for now but its still fun to talk about

Update of the OHC out of conference games, the league went 12-12 overall in weeks 1 & 2 combined.

OHC North: 7-5 Overall (Wk 1 3-3) (Wk 2 4-2)
Fairbanks 0-2 North Union 2-0 (20-53), @ Indian Lake 0-1 (30-47)
Mechanicsburg 2-0 Kenton Ridge 1-1 (27-3), Urbana 0-2 (49-12)
Northeastern 0-2 Worthington Christian 1-1 (14-27), @ Northwestern 2-0 (0-41)
Triad 1-1 Ben Logan 1-1 (20-50), @ Ridgemont 0-2 (60-30)
West Jefferson 2-0 Lockland 1-1 (53-7), @ Bishop Ready 1-1 (55-24)
West Liberty-Salem 2-0 Graham 1-1 (41-0), @ Ben Logan 1-1 (54-0)

OHC South: 5-7 Overall (Wk 1 2-4) (Wk 2 3-3)
Cedarville 0-2 Mississinawa Valley 1-1 (7-24), @ East Clinton 1-1 (7-37)
Greeneview 1-1 Stebbins 1-1 (0-19), @ Waynesville 1-1 (21-20)
Greenon 2-0 Shawnee 1-1 (56-39), Bradford 0-2 (65-6)
Madison Plains 2-0 Westfall 0-2 (32-0), @ Fredericktown 0-2 (40-7)
Springfield Catholic Central 0-2 @ Upper Scioto Valley 2-0 (6-38), @ Arcanum 2-0 (6-43)
Southeastern 0-2 @Northwestern 2-0 (7-37), Graham 1-1 (31-41)

Only a handful
yeah yeah. they should’ve gone to 14 in my opinion from the get go but that’s just me. i hate the 8 league games. if they were to have 3 non league games, it would help some teams get harbins.

I know they were close. North Union wanted in, but the southern schools didn’t want that. It’s a shame, that’s a school that makes the conference better in multiple sports

Only a handful

I know they were close. North Union wanted in, but the southern schools didn’t want that. It’s a shame, that’s a school that makes the conference better in multiple sports
i was thinking north union and riverside, and move northeastern to the south. i would go as far to even say miami trace and east clinton. miami east is a stretch.

how do you guys feel like possible expansion? any solid candidates?? the league is OK for now but its still fun to talk about
The OHC will need to look different in not too many years to survive and this is an all sport observation.
One way to do it will create a big/small split. Enrollment would have Greenon, West Jeff, West Lib, Greeneview, MP, Fairbanks, (NE maybe still bigger than Fairbanks but not for long) on one side and NE, Triad, Mechanicsburg, SE, Cville, and SCC on the other. For all sports this could create a balance that can sustain the OHC longer, travel even works out okay IMO.

I would rather see Fairbanks, West Jeff, Burg, Triad, & maybe MP join up with Worthington Christian, Grandview Heights, Grove City Christian, Bishop Ready, Bexly and create a Columbus based league that would get the kids better recognized and be easier(not always less miles but less minutes) travel. North Union may want in on something like that.
Times change - Triad and Burg could still play W. Lib, or other current OHC teams in non conference not sure if that splits up any other rivals. Just an opinion.

From WLS Color on the CBC thread
"Lots of good young talent on BL. WLS played about as well of a half as I’ve ever seen a team play. No one in the OHC will beat WLS"!!!

If I'm going to post, might as well make it count! ;)

The OHC will need to look different in not too many years to survive and this is an all sport observation.
One way to do it will create a big/small split. Enrollment would have Greenon, West Jeff, West Lib, Greeneview, MP, Fairbanks, (NE maybe still bigger than Fairbanks but not for long) on one side and NE, Triad, Mechanicsburg, SE, Cville, and SCC on the other. For all sports this could create a balance that can sustain the OHC longer, travel even works out okay IMO.

I would rather see Fairbanks, West Jeff, Burg, Triad, & maybe MP join up with Worthington Christian, Grandview Heights, Grove City Christian, Bishop Ready, Bexly and create a Columbus based league that would get the kids better recognized and be easier(not always less miles but less minutes) travel. North Union may want in on something like that.
Times change - Triad and Burg could still play W. Lib, or other current OHC teams in non conference not sure if that splits up any other rivals. Just an opinion.
i don’t think Triad would want in on that but everyone else? love the idea. that poses the question- what about all the other schools and where do they go? TRC? CBC? for Cedarville and Central, maybe the MBC

The trend right now is to smaller leagues due to a disparity in crossover games. Not sure if Springfield area schools are like that but it only goes to reason that some of the schools in the OHC would kill schools from the NWCC.
Look at the GWOC. Centerville playing West Carrollton. Seriously? My experience is with Milton-Union. The disparity in the SWBL isn’t quite as wide but Franklin playing Dixie is a laugher.
Those games defeat the purpose of a split conference.

Some of those schools already tried the "Columbus league" idea with Grandview, Bexley, Worthington Christian and others, and it was short-lived and terrible. It's why West Jeff and Madison-Plains are in the OHC now and London is back in the CBC. Terrible rush hour travel and often times disproportionate competition levels in non-revenue sports.

The OHC should ride out it's current lineup for as long as it can.

Last edited:
The trend right now is to smaller leagues due to a disparity in crossover games. Not sure if Springfield area schools are like that but it only goes to reason that some of the schools in the OHC would kill schools from the NWCC.
Look at the GWOC. Centerville playing West Carrollton. Seriously? My experience is with Milton-Union. The disparity in the SWBL isn’t quite as wide but Franklin playing Dixie is a laugher.
Those games defeat the purpose of a split conference.
i agree but i just think there’s a much bigger difference between D1-D3 than D5-D7 and that’s why the OHC works. adding anyone in those divisions would fit fine and maybe even a D4 team that isn’t a juggernaut but has nice facilities and fits geographically

Some of those schools already tried the "Columbus league" idea with Grandview, Bexley, Worthington Christian and others, and it was short-lived and terrible. It's why West Jeff and Madison-Plains are in the OHC now and London is back in the CBC. Terrible rush hour travel and often times disproportionate competition levels in non-revenue sports.

The OHC should ride out it's current lineup for as long as it can.
The way I see it, the set-up wouldn’t have been that big of an issue if not for the fact London and Madison-Plains decided to join the MSL in the first place. WJ had even worse drives before (3x to Fairfield County, 1x to Pataskala and 1x to Harvest Prep.)

I can’t speak for West Jeff, but I imagine they weren’t as distressed with the travel as the other two were. Still, I’m sure they’re a lot happier where they’re at now. That was an absolutely horrific and half-a**ed idea by the MSL and the league is still paying the consequences for it even today.

The way I see it, the set-up wouldn’t have been that big of an issue if not for the fact London and Madison-Plains decided to join the MSL in the first place. WJ had even worse drives before (3x to Fairfield County, 1x to Pataskala and 1x to Harvest Prep.)

I can’t speak for West Jeff, but I imagine they weren’t as distressed with the travel as the other two were. Still, I’m sure they’re a lot happier where they’re at now. That was an absolutely horrific and half-a**ed idea by the MSL and the league is still paying the consequences for it even today.

That divisional lineup with WJ, MP, London, Grandview, Academy, Bexley, Whitehall and Worthington Christian was demographic and geographic potpourri. I imagine the MSL is still in recovery mode from the 3-4 years or whatever it was of that foolishness.

From WLS Color on the CBC thread
"Lots of good young talent on BL. WLS played about as well of a half as I’ve ever seen a team play. No one in the OHC will beat WLS"!!!

If I'm going to post, might as well make it count! ;)

Did you purposely exclude all of the post? People aren’t dumb, they can look it up. I’ve been adamant all season Burg is the favorite and WJ isn’t far behind. What’s the point of this? Bulletin board material doesn’t work any longer when anyone can see the truth. That was a shady post.

I’ll stand by that. I’ve never seen a WLS team play so dominate. Do I think they will sustain that? Probably not, they didn’t play that way against Graham. But if they do, 10-0.

wls_color - I think your comment of "Lots of good young talent on BL. WLS played about as well of a half as I’ve ever seen a team play. No one in the OHC will beat WLS"!!! was taken a bit out of text. Perhaps Down The Road was just pulling your chain trying or trying to get a reaction out of you, I do not know. However, I think it's a bit premature to feel that a great WLS performance vs a Ben Logan (1-1) Div IV program that has gone 27-26 over the last 6 seasons with only one playoff appearance in 2016 will be enough to run the table in the OHC. If that WLS performance was vs a Clinton Massie, Covington, London, Jonathan Alder or a MAC school - that would be something completely different. WLS is a very good program but there is a lot of football yet to be played.

wls_color - I think your comment of "Lots of good young talent on BL. WLS played about as well of a half as I’ve ever seen a team play. No one in the OHC will beat WLS"!!! was taken a bit out of text. Perhaps Down The Road was just pulling your chain trying or trying to get a reaction out of you, I do not know. However, I think it's a bit premature to feel that a great WLS performance vs a Ben Logan (1-1) Div IV program that has gone 27-26 over the last 6 seasons with only one playoff appearance in 2016 will be enough to run the table in the OHC. If that WLS performance was vs a Clinton Massie, Covington, London, Jonathan Alder or a MAC school - that would be something completely different. WLS is a very good program but there is a lot of football yet to be played.

I know ol' DTR and he was being mischievous. Haha. I just needed to clarify, since he reported my post like the "fake news." :ROFLMAO:

And I'm not crowning WLS anything. Was simply pointing out how well they played against a team that usually gives them a pretty good game.

As a matter of fact, my power rankings haven't changed much this week - with the exception of I believe that WJ has become the favorite with that impressive win against Ready.

1. West Jefferson (LW 2)
2. Mechanicsburg (LW 1)
3. West Liberty-Salem (LW 3)
4. Greenon (LW 4)
5. Greeneview (LW 5)
6. Fairbanks (LW 6)
7. Madison Plains (LW 7)
8. Triad (LW 8)
9. Southeastern (LW 10)
10. Northeastern (LW 9)
11. Cedarville (LW 11)
12. Catholic Central (LW 12)

WEEK 3 GAMES

Mechanicsburg (2-0) at Catholic Central (0-2)
Cedarville (0-2) at Fairbanks (0-2)
West Jefferson (2-0) at Greeneview (1-1)
Greenon (2-0) at Northeastern (0-2)
Triad (1-1) at Madison Plains (2-0)
West Liberty-Salem (2-0) at Southeastern (0-2)

I think most of these games will be running clocks, with maybe the exception of Triad at MP and maybe WJ at Greeneview?