20 vs 24

Attachments

• C5A189A7-8B55-4724-83A3-B3F5B558B754.png
    C5A189A7-8B55-4724-83A3-B3F5B558B754.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 28
  • A5401DD1-8E85-4D45-AE66-A65E7E3281EE.png
    A5401DD1-8E85-4D45-AE66-A65E7E3281EE.png
    429.2 KB · Views: 24
I didn't see or hear how WLS did at Shawnee. Anyone have any updates?
I went for about an hour. Shawnee is big and will be good this year. They will give London, Bellefontaine, and JA a run for thier money, especially if Glass kid can stay healthy.
But for WLS, they looked good on D except for giving up a bomb to Glass. Offense passed well, but couldnt get much done on the ground.
As usual, they have athletes, but are not the biggest team and the line is usually where they struggle more. They looked better against Belmont, even scoring on them once while I dont think Belmont scored.

I went for about an hour. Shawnee is big and will be good this year. They will give London, Bellefontaine, and JA a run for thier money, especially if Glass kid can stay healthy.
But for WLS, they looked good on D except for giving up a bomb to Glass. Offense passed well, but couldnt get much done on the ground.
As usual, they have athletes, but are not the biggest team and the line is usually where they struggle more. They looked better against Belmont, even scoring on them once while I dont think Belmont scored.

Thanks. They have a giant of a human being that's a freshmen this year. Other than him, no size at all coming up through the ranks either. Must be something in the water. :ROFLMAO:

Greenon best Portsmouth West 30-0 in the varsity portion, about a half. That was the most dominant performance i have seen from the Knights as a fan.

Ansonia played Central Catholic in jamboree game tonight. Hate to be mean, I know SCC is young but they are probably the worst Varsity football team I have ever seen. Penalties on about every play, offense ran most of their plays wrong, hand offs to no one. Going to be a very long season for them!!

Ansonia played Central Catholic in jamboree game tonight. Hate to be mean, I know SCC is young but they are probably the worst Varsity football team I have ever seen. Penalties on about every play, offense ran most of their plays wrong, hand offs to no one. Going to be a very long season for them!!
Well A-Town the Channel 7 preview I saw of them said they have 19 kids and 14 are freshman. I'm amazed that they're playing Varsity at all. Probably not a team Ansonia should be scrimmaging.

Well A-Town the Channel 7 preview I saw of them said they have 19 kids and 14 are freshman. I'm amazed that they're playing Varsity at all. Probably not a team Ansonia should be scrimmaging.
Catholic Central should be playing someone like Bradford. that is about the best matchup that either one could get for eachother

If I were them, I probably would've gone the 8 Man route that a few teams have done at this point this year. But yes they should be playing Bradford
i know they considered 8 man, but i believe the coach wants to keep there rich football tradition alive. in week two, central plays arcanum and greenon plays bradford. it would benefit both programs to switch opponents with Greenon playing Arcanum

I think if SCC would go to a JV only schedule the OHC has the option to kick them out of the league and nobody wants that hopefully they hang on

I think if SCC would go to a JV only schedule the OHC has the option to kick them out of the league and nobody wants that hopefully they hang on
i couldn’t think of any great replacements for central if they were to get kicked out. with the TRC forming they would not be able to get Miami East or Riverside. your best options at that point are Miami Trace and East Clinton, if you want to go south.

I think kicking Springfield Central Catholic out of the league is a over reaction at this time. SCC is one of the founding member of the OHC, is very good in basketball and competitive in other sports - they are a good member school to have. They should be given the right to try and build their football numbers back up. However, only 19 players on the varsity roster with 14 of them being freshman is only going to lead to someone getting hurt.

The OHC could look at a temporary solution: the Lucas Cubs out of Richland County is currently a independent in football. Offer them the opportunity to play in the OHC North for football only for two years, move Springfield Northeastern to the OHC South and give SCC two years to play a JV schedule and build their program back up. Yes, Lucas is approximately 90 miles from any of the OHC North schools but it's better than either having a bye or playing a meaningless game with SCC. Lucas is a Div VII school that has made the playoffs the last 5 years or so and is expected to be a Top 10 team in Div II this year. Lucas played one OHC team in the last 5 years, at West Jeff in 2016 (WJ 28-14). I think Lucas would be competitive in the OHC and for them it would be nice to have a set schedule for two years. Long term, the OHC may have to worry about the football numbers at Cedarville and possibly South Charleston. All three of these schools will have to discuss moving to & playing 9 man football if they haven't already.

By no means was or do I think the OHC would do it but I think the option is there. I also heard last night they only have 14 players total.

I think kicking Springfield Central Catholic out of the league is a over reaction at this time. SCC is one of the founding member of the OHC, is very good in basketball and competitive in other sports - they are a good member school to have. They should be given the right to try and build their football numbers back up. However, only 19 players on the varsity roster with 14 of them being freshman is only going to lead to someone getting hurt.

The OHC could look at a temporary solution: the Lucas Cubs out of Richland County is currently a independent in football. Offer them the opportunity to play in the OHC North for football only for two years, move Springfield Northeastern to the OHC South and give SCC two years to play a JV schedule and build their program back up. Yes, Lucas is approximately 90 miles from any of the OHC North schools but it's better than either having a bye or playing a meaningless game with SCC. Lucas is a Div VII school that has made the playoffs the last 5 years or so and is expected to be a Top 10 team in Div II this year. Lucas played one OHC team in the last 5 years, at West Jeff in 2016 (WJ 28-14). I think Lucas would be competitive in the OHC and for them it would be nice to have a set schedule for two years. Long term, the OHC may have to worry about the football numbers at Cedarville and possibly South Charleston. All three of these schools will have to discuss moving to & playing 9 man football if they haven't already.
i like your thought process. i just can’t see them going with lucas. a greenon/cedarville/greeneview bus ride to lucas is a nightmare. if central numbers are down as well as cedarville, best option would be to leave central and cedarville for the Metro Buckeye Conference, then try to poach teams like miami trace, riverside, east clinton (same problems with numbers, wouldn’t go that route). but with the TRC forming, that really eliminates most replacement candidates. but, what if the TRC and OHC agreed to merge? travel would not be all that bad honestly, and would be one of the best small school conferences in ohio, outside of the mac. also would bring back some old rivalries