Ohio D1 Top 15

Wayne just isn't standing out in their own GWOC Central, that's all. That conference is competitive this year, which is great! The top 5 teams in their conference are only 3 games apart -- the top 3: only 1 game apart. Wayne is not on top.

So if Wayne is indeed some sort of state-level contender then it would seem that most of the GWOC Central is too.

Comet, the past couple of days your credibility has really taken a hit. On this thread and two others several people have used far more facts and detail than you to make their case, and you just choose to ignore it. Again, you are entitled to whatever opinion you want, but those of us who are not on here just pushing one player or team deserve a little more respect than your "pulling things out of thin air" comment indicates.

Tell me, what fact would change my opinion? I ignore nothing. I've provided two reputable sources for my case and you've provided a local sports rag page to back yours.

However, as even you mentioned, I am entitled to MY opinion just as you are entitled to yours. You may not like my opinion but don't get your panties in a bunch. It is MY opinion. Again, in MY OPINION I wouldn't trade Ben Haraway for ANY guard in Ohio.

In regards to Norwalk's ranking in NWO those aren't my opinion. Those are facts based on statistical information from nationally recognized Calpreps and Maxpreps. Again, they are NOT Comet's pulling it out of thin air rankings.

Carry on

Wayne Warriors

Wayne just isn't standing out in their own GWOC Central, that's all. That conference is competitive this year, which is great! The top 5 teams in their conference are only 3 games apart -- the top 3: only 1 game apart. Wayne is not on top.

So if Wayne is indeed some sort of state-level contender then it would seem that most of the GWOC Central is too.

I can agree with some of your statements for sure! Don't think anybody in GWOC Central good enough to win the State Championship yet! I agree conference is very competitive this year but at same time believe Wayne is most deserving of a state ranking of all the GWOC teams based on strength of schedule so far, some good quality wins, better overall potential to make run based on my opinion and alot of others considering rankings!

Tell me, what fact would change my opinion? I ignore nothing. I've provided two reputable sources for my case and you've provided a local sports rag page to back yours.

However, as even you mentioned, I am entitled to MY opinion just as you are entitled to yours. You may not like my opinion but don't get your panties in a bunch. It is MY opinion. Again, in MY OPINION I wouldn't trade Ben Haraway for ANY guard in Ohio.

In regards to Norwalk's ranking in NWO those aren't my opinion. Those are facts based on statistical information from nationally recognized Calpreps and Maxpreps. Again, they are NOT Comet's pulling it out of thin air rankings.

Carry on

First, you say Norwalk should be #4 or #5 in Ohio, yet your beloved Maxpreps has them ranked #15. Which is it? Maxpreps credible or not?

Second, you appear to actually believe Haraway is the best guard in Ohio, and yet there are more than 25 point guards in Ohio ranked higher by two services who are paid by colleges (and in one case ESPN) to evaluate players. You asked for names and ToledoHoops supplied you with many.

What "local sports page rag" are you referring to? ESPN, Prep Spotlight Magazine, Triple Double Prospects? Which one? Who don't you agree with? Stovall, Albertson, Wolfe, Stubbs? At the end of the day it just appears you are passionate and unobjective, which again is fine as a Trucker basketball fan. I'm sure you will not try to answer these questions and I don't mind if you don't as I don't intend to bother anymore either.

First, you say Norwalk should be #4 or #5 in Ohio, yet your beloved Maxpreps has them ranked #15. Which is it? Maxpreps credible or not?

Second, you appear to actually believe Haraway is the best guard in Ohio, and yet there are more than 25 point guards in Ohio ranked higher by two services who are paid by colleges (and in one case ESPN) to evaluate players. You asked for names and ToledoHoops supplied you with many.

What "local sports page rag" are you referring to? ESPN, Prep Spotlight Magazine, Triple Double Prospects? Which one? Who don't you agree with? Stovall, Albertson, Wolfe, Stubbs? At the end of the day it just appears you are passionate and unobjective, which again is fine as a Trucker basketball fan. I'm sure you will not try to answer these questions and I don't mind if you don't as I don't intend to bother anymore either.

Hookshot, it is obvious Comet only chooses to respond to some facts and ignores others. You have made it essentially impossible for him to respond because in doing so his lack of awareness would be even more apparent. Even when we acknowledge Norwalk as a very good team and Haraway as a fine point guard he doesn't care.

Ha ha. Ok let's try this one last time. I'm well aware of all the names in Ohio as well as the posted lists. My opinion of Ben Haraway won't be changing. You can argue with me until you're blue in the face. It's an opinion and it will not be changing. Yours may differ from mine but neither yours nor mine are wrong as their opinions.

Now regarding Norwalk and my post into the D1 rankings. You got me as I was referring to the teams in NWO but the list is for ALL D1 Ohio. With that being said, and back to my original post of Norwalk being ranked higher than Whitmer. Right now, both Calpreps and Maxpreps give Norwalk a higher ranking. Not the JJHuddle Power poll, as someone posted but nationally recognized, factual, statistical information based on their sites algorithms. Also, I too know a little bit about making a living following these kids and privately sharing my information with those that inquire.

Last edited:
Neither Maxpreps or Calpreps is worth much. For example, do you think Norwalk deserves to be No. 15 in Ohio in D-I? I don't. Maxpreps does. A better poll in Ohio is the JJ Huddle National Guard Power Poll, which has Norwalk immediately behind Whitmer in its latest ranking. I don't know whether Norwalk is better than Whitmer or not -- maybe so. But hardly do some of us "pull rankings out of thin air". I have discredited one of your "sources" since it dramatically undervalues Norwalk's standing in Ohio.

All of these rankings begin the year with a bunch of assumptions, change slowly, and become more accurate as the season goes on. IMO,they're just starting to become worth looking at.

Comet, the past couple of days your credibility has really taken a hit. On this thread and two others several people have used far more facts and detail than you to make their case, and you just choose to ignore it. Again, you are entitled to whatever opinion you want, but those of us who are not on here just pushing one player or team deserve a little more respect than your "pulling things out of thin air" comment indicates.
Credibility? Are you claiming credibility? Based upon what? Quoting a magazine is not stating a relevant fact whether it's one person quoting max prep and another something else. It's quoting an opinion of an opinion. Isn't the sole purpose of those things to generate discussion?

Why are you all in his balls. He's giving opinions same as you only without the derogatory approach. What's the problem? We ALL know there is this thing called a "play-off." Who cares if he wants to call Norwalk #1 or #10 when this is all decided on the court? It does look like they've got a good group of kids. Nice to see something different in the mix.

From what I've seen in past years, GWOC teams don't seem to make it past the Dayton Public, CMAC, GCL or GMC teams during tournament time....doesn't mean they're not good during the season, BUT if we're talking state champ contenders....:shrug:

These parents are failing their kids who in their right mind would allow their kids to go to a NYE party!

Northmont should be #13 and not Wayne. Northmont has rolled off 9 straight wins including knocking off previously undefeated 8-0 at the time Tecumseh and also a very good road win at #3 (DDN) Springfield right before Christmas. I think Northmont and Beavercreek could give Wayne even more problems. Also playing 5 games in 11 days from January15th-25th will not help as well ( @West Carrollton, @Springfield, @ Prime Prep (Flyin To The Hoop) and Centerville) in that stretch. Here is a link that I found about Prime Prep http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...ep-academy-withdraws-texas-uil-210718612.html

Wayne Warriors

WAYNE definitely deserves their ranking but Northmont will move up with Wayne if they beat them for sure! Northmont victory of Tecumseh not really that impressive! Wayne victories over Bowling Green and Springboro more impressive! I believe Northmont playing really good bball right now but no reason to slight Wayne for their well deserved ranking right now! Maybe later on they won't deserve it only time will tell but for now they earned it!

WAYNE definitely deserves their ranking but Northmont will move up with Wayne if they beat them for sure! Northmont victory of Tecumseh not really that impressive! Wayne victories over Bowling Green and Springboro more impressive! I believe Northmont playing really good bball right now but no reason to slight Wayne for their well deserved ranking right now! Maybe later on they won't deserve it only time will tell but for now they earned it!

Why is a Wayne victory over a 3-5 Division II team "impressive"?

Wayne Warriors

Why is a Wayne victory over a 3-5 Division II team "impressive"?

BOWLING GREEN was projected too be better then that and had couple highly touted players so maybe victory not so impressive now but Springboro victory still impressive as Springboro still good! Besides the point was and still is Wayne is deserving of ranking currently more then Northmont but doesn't mean it will remain that way but it is for now!

In Willard tonight, Norwalk 58 Willard 51. Norwalk improves to 10-0, 4-0 in the Northern Ohio League. Norwalk hosts Western Reserve tomorrow.

No hater! I love my Wayne brothers! I've never met a more humble group of fans, except possibly for our friends in Middletown.

There are .. what ... about 200 Ohio D1 basketball teams. Figure also that we're about half way through the season.

It's just that Wayne is struggling to win their own 6-team conference, let alone dominate all those other schools!

How is losing one close game at C'Ville struggling???

Northmont should be #13 and not Wayne. Northmont has rolled off 9 straight wins including knocking off previously undefeated 8-0 at the time Tecumseh and also a very good road win at #3 (DDN) Springfield right before Christmas. I think Northmont and Beavercreek could give Wayne even more problems. Also playing 5 games in 11 days from January15th-25th will not help as well ( @West Carrollton, @Springfield, @ Prime Prep (Flyin To The Hoop) and Centerville) in that stretch. Here is a link that I found about Prime Prep http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...ep-academy-withdraws-texas-uil-210718612.html

Nmont lost to XENIA, Wayne beat them by 40!! Lol

At a packed Garage tonight Norwalk defeats Western Reserve 60-36. Norwalk now 11-0 on the season and host Tiffin Columbian next Saturday.

Last edited: