Ohio Cardinal Conference

The OCC was going to be won by Wooster regardless. And trust me when I say that the Wooster kids now view Ashland as more of a rival in football than Orrville. Rivalry hasn't been the same in a long time and the fact Orrville continues to slide down Divisions, doesn't help it.

Why doesn't Orrville ever schedule Canton Central? Both are D5 schools an only 30 minutes apart so it seems that would make a nice little rivalry. As for New Philadelphia being invited to the OCC, it should be a great addition with their success in football and basketball in both girls and boys.

I still don't get why Wooster isn't happy in their current league, it suits them well. When they were in the FED, roughly 15 years in the league, they tied for one football league title (4 way split for FED Title) in all the years they were a member of the FED. Most of the years they struggled in the league, with a large chunk of their victories in the FED coming against Alliance. Really geographically, Wooster was a poor fit for the FED, going back in time it seems strange they even added Wooster, but looking at it, they were trying to split the league into large schools and small. Wooster should just be happy being in the OCC, it suits them well, and they really don't have any other realistic league options to choose from.

I still don't get why Wooster isn't happy in their current league, it suits them well. When they were in the FED, roughly 15 years in the league, they tied for one football league title (4 way split for FED Title) in all the years they were a member of the FED. Most of the years they struggled in the league, with a large chunk of their victories in the FED coming against Alliance. Really geographically, Wooster was a poor fit for the FED, going back in time it seems strange they even added Wooster, but looking at it, they were trying to split the league into large schools and small. Wooster should just be happy being in the OCC, it suits them well, and they really don't have any other realistic league options to choose from.
They get upset when they can go 12-0 in the OCC and cannot win a District. Girls volleyball won close to 20 regular season games and loses in Sectional. Boys basketball goes 20-2 and loses in sectional. Football team goes 6-0 in OCC play and gets the 8th seed and gets blown out in first game of playoffs.

They get upset when they can go 12-0 in the OCC and cannot win a District. Girls volleyball won close to 20 regular season games and loses in Sectional. Boys basketball goes 20-2 and loses in sectional. Football team goes 6-0 in OCC play and gets the 8th seed and gets blown out in first game of playoffs.

I see, but those programs wouldn't be having the same amount of success in the Federal League or Suburban League, if Wooster was in either of those leagues. Perhaps, I'm in error, in my belief that Wooster really has no other viable options to leave the OCC, they would not be considered for the Federal League, and the Suburban seems to not want them, mainly because of the distance. The OCC should just add Dover and go forward with the lineup including Dover, the schools are fairly close in enrollment and I think most of the schools lack options to leave the league.

The OCC was going to be won by Wooster regardless. And trust me when I say that the Wooster kids now view Ashland as more of a rival in football than Orrville. Rivalry hasn't been the same in a long time and the fact Orrville continues to slide down Divisions, doesn't help it.
"regardless"?! You have to be kidding. Seem to remember one of those (move in) kids making a FANTASTIC catch in the last second for the winning TD against Mansfield Sr.? I was there and remember thinking that was one of the best high school plays I had ever seen in person. And Senior didn't lose again until OT of the state championship game. Think you might be selling the rest of the league a bit short there that Wooster was winning the OCC "regardless".

Actually, you could make the argument that the win over Mansfield Sr was one of the biggest wins in school history. Beating a D3 state finalist. Right up there with beating the D5 state champ the year prior.

Spirit - Wow. I like to hammer on my Wooster friends but you just dropped an anvil on them. And, most painfully, it's completely true.

BTW - good catch on that 3rd "move in" on their boys bball team.

I see, but those programs wouldn't be having the same amount of success in the Federal League or Suburban League, if Wooster was in either of those leagues. Perhaps, I'm in error, in my belief that Wooster really has no other viable options to leave the OCC, they would not be considered for the Federal League, and the Suburban seems to not want them, mainly because of the distance. The OCC should just add Dover and go forward with the lineup including Dover, the schools are fairly close in enrollment and I think most of the schools lack options to leave the league.

Dover in the OCC at this point would mean you'd need a 10th.

Would make sense to add someone easr like Canton Central Catholic, maybe Louisville for divisional purposes, but West Holmes seemed to have made it clear they want no part of that setup, and I don't think Ashland REALLY wants to separate from the Mansfield schools.

Unless someone(s) leave, I think Dover joining is dead right now.

Spirit - Wow. I like to hammer on my Wooster friends but you just dropped an anvil on them. And, most painfully, it's completely true.

BTW - good catch on that 3rd "move in" on their boys bball team.
There is no hammer in my remarks. That was what one of their own coaches said a couple months ago. They feel the OCC does nothing to prepare them for their tournaments. So over the last few seasons they have all tried to beef up their other games if they can.

Why doesn't Orrville ever schedule Canton Central? Both are D5 schools an only 30 minutes apart so it seems that would make a nice little rivalry. As for New Philadelphia being invited to the OCC, it should be a great addition with their success in football and basketball in both girls and boys.
Played each other for about 10 years straight starting in the mid 90's...it was a nice rivalry. I agree, still should be playing.

I agree. The rivalry is NOT the same. My memory of those games in the 80's...WOW! It all changed when we entered the same league...

I agree. The rivalry is NOT the same. My memory of those games in the 80's...WOW! It all changed when we entered the same league...
Orrville is not who they used to be, but I guess who is. I cannot say if they were move-ins but the talent in the football, basketball and track were on par with any school in the early OCC.

Break from the Wooster - Orrville talk . . .

Anyone else raise an eyebrow that Heilman (Ashland QB) is going to College of Wooster & Bidlack (Dalton QB) is going to Ashland U?

Break from the Wooster - Orrville talk . . .

Anyone else raise an eyebrow that Heilman (Ashland QB) is going to College of Wooster & Bidlack (Dalton QB) is going to Ashland U?
Why would an eyebrow be raised? Is it possible the choices were made more for the school and not the respected football teams? IS either getting financial support? Is the Ashland kid a walk-on? Because a kid is from Ashland HS are they supposed to go to AU for sports?

Why would an eyebrow be raised? Is it possible the choices were made more for the school and not the respected football teams? IS either getting financial support? Is the Ashland kid a walk-on? Because a kid is from Ashland HS are they supposed to go to AU for sports?
it’s just an ironic situation. that’s all he is saying.

not at all. he said it’s just ironic because a kid from Wooster (Wayne Co) is going to Ashland U and a kid from Ashland is going to Wooster College.
ghs - thanks for translating. To clarify, Dalton is in Wayne Co, but it's not Wooster.

spirit - all I meant was it was ironic/funny/interesting that a kid from Ashland is heading east to small college in Wayne Co & kid from a small high school in Wayne Co is heading west to Ashland. If all shakes out their parents will be passing each other on US-250 each Saturday for the next 4 years

I see the NP has agreed to begin playing some of the OCC schools in other sports before they officially join in 22-23. I wonder if this could play into a possible change of heart for some who support this.

I see the NP has agreed to begin playing some of the OCC schools in other sports before they officially join in 22-23. I wonder if this could play into a possible change of heart for some who support this.
any OCC schools on the football schedules?

I'm sure most NP fans would gladly travel to Lexington, Mount Vernon, Ashland, Wooster, West Holmes and Mansfield and play good competition in nice facilities than play bad teams like Warren, Marietta or drive 45 minutes and play at a dump in Cambridge. The sooner that NP can play teams in the OCC the better.

I'm sure most NP fans would gladly travel to Lexington, Mount Vernon, Ashland, Wooster, West Holmes and Mansfield and play good competition in nice facilities than play bad teams like Warren, Marietta or drive 45 minutes and play at a dump in Cambridge. The sooner that NP can play teams in the OCC the better.
Are you speaking for fans in ALL the NP sports or just football? Because I do not see where all the sports are making an hour and a half bus trip to play 5 conference games.

The DUMP is a lot nicer now. Renovations to the field and locker room. The only issue is visitor seating now. Our natrual grass field is almost as nice as Ridgewoods. You'll see.

This dump? Please. Get over yourself.

Attachments

• 71720585_2338629942858830_8510544466585583616_o.jpg
    71720585_2338629942858830_8510544466585583616_o.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 35