Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mansfield Sr. 61
Columbus Bishop Hartley 65

Ashland 61
Ontario 50

Mt.Vernon 30
Olentangy Berlin 37
Big Lex Fan, thanks for your timely posting of OCC basketball scores. It is very much appreciated.

As a former Mansfield resident--I still remember the B&O freight trains rumbling through Lexington on their way to Mansfield, Williard or Newark or going to Brumenschenkel's farm on Lexington-Springmill Rd to buy fruits and vegetables--I still follow high school sports in Richland County.

Madison 65
Crestview 66 2ot
Crestview now 13-0.

Wooster 68
Ashland 63

West Holmes 42
Sugarcreek Garaway 54
Nice effort by West Holmes, seem to have turned things in the right direction. Madison loses another tough one, record could easily be much better than it is.

I watched that game on wklm Facebook live, Wooster acted like they had the game won before it started, to me they played no defense what so ever the first half,then second half they got real desperate and put a full court press on and got it within 10,but props to West Holmes they shot the ball real well from the field and the foul line, this WH team is still a better 2win team ,the rest of the teams on their schedule better not take them litely

It's to bad Don Hall couldn't of continued to be there coach,he was doing an excellent with them, but I understand his family health situation right now, it's the timing wasn't good for him, maybe some day down the road he might get back into coaching

New Philly 38
West Holmes 32 this game was much much closer than finial score,the 6 point win was Philly biggest lead,West Holmes lead for most of the two and half quarters, after that it was a one to two point game either way,WH team is starting to get scary good

New Philly 38
West Holmes 32 this game was much much closer than finial score,the 6 point win was Philly biggest lead,West Holmes lead for most of the two and half quarters, after that it was a one to two point game either way,WH team is starting to get scary good
Not sure why WH lost so many games. Changing coaches cannot make that much difference. You are correct, they are a very good team despite their record.

I just think the new coach,did not mess together at all with the boys,when they got behind earlier in the season it's like they just gave up,I don't know if that's the for sure reason, something was wrong when they had a couple var. players quit

I just think the new coach,did not mess together at all with the boys,when they got behind earlier in the season it's like they just gave up,I don't know if that's the for sure reason, something was wrong when they had a couple var. players quit
Did those players return with the new coach?

New Philly 38
Mansfield Senior better be ready Tuesday night.

Their schedule is going to get alot tougher after that--Lexington twice, state-ranked Sandusky, Columbus Eastmoor, Trotwood Madison, an improving Mansfield Madison, and Ashland

Not sure why WH lost so many games. Changing coaches cannot make that much difference. You are correct, they are a very good team despite their record.
Well, the coach stepped down, and from what I understand a lot of people did not like him so a change of scenery new coach can do a lot of things

The coach was a bad fit and I think he may be a bad fit everywhere judging from his resume.

I had only heard of one player quitting and he sees himself as a recruitable football player and decided to spend the time preparing for his season season. Not a huge loss to the basketball team.

Well, the coach stepped down, and from what I understand a lot of people did not like him so a change of scenery new coach can do a lot of things
West Holmes has had 7 head coaches in the last 15 years. 6 of them have been fired or run out by WH administration and or parents. If the parents are this upset with the coaches being hired, at what point do you not blame the administration and fire them.

The parents have alit to do with this coaching revolving door,I guess it was one on the var and maybe one on the reserve team

West Holmes has had 7 head coaches in the last 15 years. 6 of them have been fired or run out by WH administration and or parents. If the parents are this upset with the coaches being hired, at what point do you not blame the administration and fire them.
I do hear it a lot from coaches that parents of West Holmes kids yell at the coaches, a lot and all sports but let’s face it not to be mean West Holmes is not a boys basketball powerhouse from what I understand. Only two people applied for the job.

Maybe they should offer Cline the West Holmes job full-time. The kids seem to be playing hard for her.
The kids played hard for Don Hall and that didn't stop parents from complaining. Kids played hard for Keith Troyer and that did stop parent complaints and keep him from being let go. Kids played hard for Seth Martin. The kids are not the problem at West Holmes.

Final Score:

Mansfield Senior 68
Millersburg West Holmes 58

Listened to the streaming radio broadcast on Millersburg radio station WLKM. West Holmes led at half, 31-29, but the Tygers (10-5, 8-2 in the OCC) turned up the defensive pressure in the third quarter, outscored the Knights, 21-5, and hung on for the 10-point win. Up next, a Richland County showdown with Lexington.

Despite missing a bunch of free throws in the 4th, New Philly was able to pull off an impressive road victory over Lexington.

New Philly 55
Lexington 53

It's to bad Don Hall couldn't of continued to be there coach,he was doing an excellent with them, but I understand his family health situation right now, it's the timing wasn't good for him, maybe some day down the road he might get back into coaching
The kids played hard for Don Hall and that didn't stop parents from complaining. Kids played hard for Keith Troyer and that did stop parent complaints and keep him from being let go. Kids played hard for Seth Martin. The kids are not the problem at West Holmes.
Donnie stepping down so late this year is the reason they had to hire Seth Martin in the first place, left the administration with no choice on who to hire. John Miller coached last years team do to Donnie's family issues and wasn't able to commit full time this year.

To your second comment, The kids did not play hard for Seth Martin, Talk to them they wanted him gone and didn't try at all. They are playing hard for Cline and that's why they're being competitive for the most part.
The coach was a bad fit and I think he may be a bad fit everywhere judging from his resume.

I had only heard of one player quitting and he sees himself as a recruitable football player and decided to spend the time preparing for his season season. Not a huge loss to the basketball team.
This was a major loss for the team. Probably the best player and a tremendous athlete, they also had one rotating big man that played some good minutes off the bench last year quit during the preseason. Depth is what continues to hurt these guys, only having 6 maybe 7 kids to play varsity basketball is not a good situation.
The parents have alit to do with this coaching revolving door,I guess it was one on the var and maybe one on the reserve team
This is one thing I will agree with, expectations from parents year after year continue to amaze me. We just don't have the dogs to win many fights when it comes to basketball but the parents always think it must be the coaches fault and not the fact that my kid just isn't very good... WH record from Varsity down to 7th grade is 9-48.