Ohio All American nominees

Actually, Kelley should have been on the McD list, hands down, no question. She has moved to the top of the list as far as senior guards in Dayton this season, and does have some outstanding numbers: 15.4 ppg, 5.5 ast., 7.8 steals, shooting 69% from the field, 87% from the line. Brooke Pumroy is just coming back from ACL and Shelby Caprenter of Miami Valley HS is in that elite group. But right now, Austria is the top overall guard in her class.

Only seniors are eligible for the McD nominations.

Bianca Quisenberry is the top junior guard (23.6 ppg, 8.3 reb., 6.9 ast, 6.7 stl, 43 FG%, 73 FT%) for an 11-2 team. You have her, Chelsea Welch and Alexis Gassion who should all be very high considerations for the nominations next season.

Those stats are ridiculously good. 7.8 steals and 69% shooting percentage-are you kidding me? She absolutely should be on the list and it doesn't diminish her by not being on it, it diminishes the validity of the list.

As far as people not knowing her because of her AAU ball, she won a National Championship last year. I think she's well known.

I'd watch someone play before I was sure their stats weren't correct.[/QUOTE]

I have to say this, and I am not trying to take anything away from Ohio Lady Attacks' National Championship because it was a great accomplishment.

The older teams get more and more of them do not compete in the AAU National Championship. The year we won the AAU National Championship we played on both the AAU Curcuit and the Club Curcuit and I can tell you the club curcuit was far more competetive. As a result my high school teams have not played in AAU tourney's since 2006.

Gee Shadow, instead of worrying about sentences you need to do a little homework:

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/story/_/id/3879126/how-grade-prospects

She is not a 40, therefore they did evaluate her. Did you really think they just gave her a number without ever seeing her play? You may rate a player based on hearsay, but Hoopgurlz has a professional reputation to protect. Now think some more about it from their perspective. If a rating has quite a bit of negativity in it, would you want to make it available? I have seen a bit of negative comments in the evals they do make public (with the evaluators surname listed afterwards) but most are of the positive or encouraging variety. The evaluator(s) in Craft's case chose not to display them.

If you step out of the shadows you may see there are a many shades of gray...

Gee Shadow, instead of worrying about sentences you need to do a little homework:

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/story/_/id/3879126/how-grade-prospects

She is not a 40, therefore they did evaluate her. Did you really think they just gave her a number without ever seeing her play? You may rate a player based on hearsay, but Hoopgurlz has a professional reputation to protect. Now think some more about it from their perspective. If a rating has quite a bit of negativity in it, would you want to make it available? I have seen a bit of negative comments in the evals they do make public (with the evaluators surname listed afterwards) but most are of the positive or encouraging variety. The evaluator(s) in Craft's case chose not to display them.

If you step out of the shadows you may see there are a many shades of gray...
This thread is supposed to be about Ohio All American nominees, which should be a positive topic. Caitlin Craft is obviously a fine player. She is a state champion and state tourney MVP. Why go out of your way to repeatedly post negatively about her here?

Hey User, we have a whole thread dissecting Kelley Austria both good and bad, with many posters realizing that no matter how good on the court a player like Kelley is, there are other "factors" that may be involved. I never said Craft was a bad player, however I did post her ranking to illustrate the possibility of these other "factors" being in play. I added to my comment when Shadows didn't take the time to check into Hoopgurlz rating system. True, my supposition is they didn't include an evaluation write up under her name because of possible negative comments, but I think that is a fair assumption (yes, I do know the perils when you "assume").

Hey User, we have a whole thread dissecting Kelley Austria both good and bad, with many posters realizing that no matter how good on the court a player like Kelley is, there are other "factors" that may be involved. I never said Craft was a bad player, however I did post her ranking to illustrate the possibility of these other "factors" being in play. I added to my comment when Shadows didn't take the time to check into Hoopgurlz rating system. True, my supposition is they didn't include an evaluation write up under her name because of possible negative comments, but I think that is a fair assumption (yes, I do know the perils when you "assume").
Fair enough. Thanks for explaining.

Mariah Harris should be on list

No disrespect to Elise Sharpe, she is a great player, but the best senior in the CBC is by far Mariah Harris from Kenton Ridge who has signed with Michigan State. 20.6 points, 13.4 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 5.4 steals, and 2.1 blocks per game. And her team has won over eighty percent of their games during her 4 year career at KR, not too shabby!
http://www.cbcsportsonline.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=182365

Last edited:
No disrespect to Elise Sharpe, she is a great player, but the best senior in the CBC is by far Mariah Harris from Kenton Ridge who has signed with Michigan State. 20.6 points, 13.4 rebounds, 6.5 assists, and 2.1 blocks per game. And her team has won over eighty percent of their games during her 4 year career at KR, not too shabby!
http://www.cbcsportsonline.com/bkPlayerStats.aspx?player=182365

Man the stats speak for themself.

Best defensive guard in the state

WOW.......8 steals a game

WOW..........she must be a great defensive player, Kelsey Mitchell, Rae and Chloe are the best defensive guards I've seen in OH and they only avg 2-3 stls. Are u sure 8 steals? What is the comp in her league like? That's impressive. She must be nice!!!!

If your going to start talking about the best defensive player(guard) in the state, it's C. Welch of Fairmont period. K.Austria is the best all around(senior) player in the Dayton area. No offense to the other girls nominated, but Kelly should have been nominated first in the Dayton area.