OHC

shoprat2

Greeneview looks to be south favorite and maybe best team overall. In the South Central and Cedarville both lost a lot and the Indians beat the Irish in Greene county already. Have no idea about the North. Did watch my first game tonight,Central beat SETrojans in double or 63-61. Trojans got off to fast start led after first quarter 21-11. Think about that a little,after 8 minutes SE had 21 almost 3 points a minute. That’s great production. Over the next 32 minutes they got 40 points or 1.5 per minute. Would the real Southeastern Trojan team please stand up?
For the Irish Galluch got 30, in fact the Irish had only three players score. So it’s clear they have issues. Who else in the league is doing anything?

Greeneview looks to be south favorite and maybe best team overall. In the South Central and Cedarville both lost a lot and the Indians beat the Irish in Greene county already. Have no idea about the North. Did watch my first game tonight,Central beat SETrojans in double or 63-61. Trojans got off to fast start led after first quarter 21-11. Think about that a little,after 8 minutes SE had 21 almost 3 points a minute. That’s great production. Over the next 32 minutes they got 40 points or 1.5 per minute. Would the real Southeastern Trojan team please stand up?
For the Irish Galluch got 30, in fact the Irish had only three players score. So it’s clear they have issues. Who else in the league is doing anything?
Fenwick beat CC by 45, any idea what happened there?

The box score says Koenig didn't play in two games this week for Cedarville. Injured or sick?

Greeneview is good this year, a ton of experience and solid guard play.

Southeastern is so emotional, their reaction to every play and call will provide for a roller coaster year.

Catholic Central has a serious depth problem this year once you get past the top 3-4 players. They have very little room for error against quality opponents, whether it's foul trouble, getting banged up, fall off when subbing, etc.

I have a sneaky suspicion Cedarville will be the best team in this league by the end of the year if they played Greeneview that well without Koning. IMO he has developed a lot and may be close to if not just as good as the older brother was. Greeneview has a lot of talent, but the best players in the league are Galluch for Central and Koning.

Good showing for the Rams against Versailles last night. By the box score they kept it close into the 4th quarter with Versailles pulling away some at the end.

No idea about the Fenwick game. I don’t go to many away games any more especially long trips ,just getting to hard on me. Central has too big issues,no point guard and no depth. A lot of people took shots at the guard play last year but it was good enough to get them a real good season. This year the best guard is a freshman playing reserve,correction the only guard. If someone throws a good press at them they are in real trouble. I don’t feel like I’m telling stories out of school because it’s so obvious. Phil Jackson anybody you want is going to have trouble getting wins with this team. That said Galluch is a man among boys. His only weakness is fouls,he’s not great at the foul line and he fouls too much. I know Wittenberg is really hot on him and I think he could be very successful up on the hill.

Where is everyone? Irish coast to running clock victory over Ben Logan. Galluch goes for 30 with a dunk. Coaches are starting to work more underclass players into rotation for better ball handling and d. Still wonder if they can beat G’view or the Ville.

Irish beat Emmanuel Christian tonight by 17. Final score is no indication of the game,Lions had 16 after three quarters end up with 36 as Central wins by 21. Galluch has off night getting 15. Emmanuel clearly tried to slow the game down but you still have to put it in the hoop and they didn’t shoot well and Galluch and Roediger ate up every rebound.

Correction final score was 47-36. Eleven point difference not 17. Looking at that post I must have taken my meds before I wrote it. The Irish did have the game in hand after the first quarter. Emmanuel did try to slow play on offense and zone on defense. Hard to slow play when you get down by ten in the second quarter and your defense consists of trying to get back and stop the break or take a charge.

SCC seems slow putting info up on league site. Not much to learn from stat line. The game was a running clock in the third quarter. Fourth quarter Irish had bench in Emmanuel left starters in till last minute. So stat line will be a little deceiving. Bottom line is ECA likes to take 30 to 45 seconds between shots. They didn’t shoot well got killed on the boards and Irish got it and ran the floor well. Irish did not shoot well but didn’t matter when you’re getting 3 or 4 shots per possession and most of those in the lane. Maybe that answer your question. Leading scorer for ECA was #50 center I think he had ten Galluch led the Irish as usual I think with 15. I don’t think he even took a three, whole team didn’t take many because the lane was open.

little funny math bc no way running clock in third quarter if the final was 47-36. well maybe ec closed the game out on a 26-7 run

little funny math bc no way running clock in third quarter if the final was 47-36. well maybe ec closed the game out on a 26-7 run
You got it. Like I said most came against jv’s. ECA put bench in with less than a minute. First quarter score was Irish up14-10,half Irish34-12. Run out to start the third put it in thirty range the subs started coming on.

SCC beats ‘Burg67-45. It was close at the end of one but that was it. Irish played everyone in the first half. They seemed to be concentrating on defense and ball movement. Coke Ray and Ian Roediger each had 20 and Galluch 15. That’s why I think they were trying to get more people active in the offense. One other small point of interest I think Burg might have seen the Central-ECA game where ECA took several charges. Tonight those charge calls were called blocks so the Irish were in the I-1 early in the second quarter and Galluch shooting percentage from the line seems to be going up every week. Matt Croci of Wittenberg was an interested spectator.

Irish win another running clock game. This time over NE 74-40. Galluch gets 20,Ray 17 and Roediger15 with something like ten blocks. Seems pretty clear the power of the league is in the South division. The only good about this run of games for Central is the reserve players are getting 8-10 minutes a night often against starting players.

Irish win another running clock game. This time over NE 74-40. Galluch gets 20,Ray 17 and Roediger15 with something like ten blocks. Seems pretty clear the power of the league is in the South division. The only good about this run of games for Central is the reserve players are getting 8-10 minutes a night often against starting players.
Are the Irish getting it together or is the schedule just that much easier? They were down 20ish to Cedarville and lost by 30+ to Fenwick/Greeneview but are now winning by 30+???

I think they are really improving. Roediger is contributing more on both offense and defense, just being more aggressive. Team is less reliant on three. Problem is it’s hard to quantify how much improvement how much bad opponents. But they do go to Fairbanks (always a tough trip)and get WL-S,G’Viewe and C’’Ville at home. Those are good measuring sticks.

SCC has an off night. West Jeff came out playing hard and with a good game plan. Riders led at end of first quarter 10-8 and at half23-19. They held the ball for the last minute of the half and didn’t get a shot off but didn’t seem to care. The Riders were clearly the best team on the floor at that point.
Second half Irish seemed more committed to defense,they got a boost from the freshman Lay. Lay is small but quick and aggressive on defense and he seemed to give the team a boost creating a couple of points off turnovers. As the pressure turned up and they got behind West Jeff got more rattled. Basically the Irish shot poorly had several unforced turnovers and a first half effort that left much to be desired but they won. Ian Galluch ended up with 31 helped by good foul shooting.

One last note the future for West Jefferson looks bright the reserve team looked good and was mostly sophomore and freshman and the best players on the varsity were two freshmen. Just my opinion but I’d tell the seniors I can lose with freshmen or I can lose with seniors but if I’m going to lose it’s going to be with the freshmen. So you better step it up.

Good game in Springfield tonight. WL-S brought a winning record to the gym on High St. and they showed why the record was good. The Tigers played hard and well for over three quarters. The game was tied at 15 after one quarter,Irish led by one at half and 42-38 at start of fourth. That is where the game was decided as the Irish turned up the defense got some steals for run outs and that four point lead got to fifteen quick. After that the Tigers aren’t buildt to chase the lead and the Irish just maintained the game. Galluch got 21 for the Irish and dominated inside. The Lockwood player for WL-S had a nice night,as a sophomore he’s going to be a force. Tigers just have to keep him out of the transfer portal. Irish go to Fairbanks Friday for another real test.

SCC beats ‘Burg67-45. It was close at the end of one but that was it. Irish played everyone in the first half. They seemed to be concentrating on defense and ball movement. Coke Ray and Ian Roediger each had 20 and Galluch 15. That’s why I think they were trying to get more people active in the offense. One other small point of interest I think Burg might have seen the Central-ECA game where ECA took several charges. Tonight those charge calls were called blocks so the Irish were in the I-1 early in the second quarter and Galluch shooting percentage from the line seems to be going up every week. Matt Croci of Wittenberg was an interested spectator.
Just wondering if Ian Roediger is the one that played at Grandveiw Hts last 3 years. If he is I wondered what happen to him for his Senoir year- Grandview Hts is currently 10-5 but with Ian I would guess they would close to undefeated. Ian was a force in most of Grandview Hts games last year. He is one of the most improved players I have seen since his freshman year.

I think this is the same young man. I don’t know why they moved but the father graduated from Central and is an assistant coach. All three of the coaches played together on a team that went to the final four. Ian had a slow start but seems to be playing much better lately. It looks like it just took some time for him to get comfortable with the other players and his role as the third option on most plays.

Irish lose 50-48 at Fairbanks. Panthers played well and got off to fast start. The shooting stats I saw didn’t look that great but in the first half they couldn’t miss. The Irish never got into a good rhythm maybe because Panthers played several defense’s switching between zone,man and a box and one occasionally. The game was played at Fairbanks pace with them taking almost a minute between shots several times. The officials also contributed to the choppy pace. There had to be over 50 fouls called in the game with a large number of turnover. I’m not using the official’s as an excuses,they just hurt both teams and screwed up what could have been a good game. But to be clear the the Panthers did the better job and deserved to win. The Irish fought hard and had a shot at the tie with the last possession but it didn’t go down. Now they have to get ready for Cedarville to come to town Tuesday night. Big game with league and seed implications.

Big game in the OHC south,Cedarville at Central. First time around at C’ville Indians won. Irish coming off a bad night at Fairbanks. This looked like a classic inside team vs. outside team game but things don’t always go according to plan. First quarter was tightIrish up 15-13. Here’s were the plan started to go awry,Ben Bramel hit some three’s from the corner and the Irish led 34-25 at half. Second half Indians tried pressing and it backfired,Irish got some easy baskets on the break Bramel a few more threes from set and the Irish were in control. Galluch got 29,Ray got 22 and Bramel 16. Kooning had 27 for Cedarville.

SCC beats Greenon 60-46. Galluch dominates with 25 points and15 rebounds. Roediger and freshman Sherod Lay add 12 points each. Cole Ray did not play due to injury.

Don’t have the score but heard Greeneview beats the Irish to win the South outright. No surprise,I’ve felt all year the Rams were the cream of the league and I think that’s proved out. They might be the league’s best chance at a team going to the finals.

SCC wins nail biter against Legacy Christian tonight at Troy. Irish needed the win to advance to play Cedarville on Saturday. SCC trailed for over 3 quarters getting almost no offense from outside the lane,I think they had one three and that was from Roediger. Legacy played a zone all night mostly a 2-3 but changing up some,while the Irish started in man and went to zone in the second half before changing back. The Irish dominated inside and had more free throws for it. But Legacy shot well from the outside especially on threes to build their lead. The undoing for Legacy was turn overs,especially unforced ones and those fouls. All those things with Irish rebounding kept Irish possession alive ,that’s a big deal when the Irish had some guys that couldn’t seem to throw the ball in the ocean while standing on the shore.

SCC wins nail biter against Legacy Christian tonight at Troy. Irish needed the win to advance to play Cedarville on Saturday. SCC trailed for over 3 quarters getting almost no offense from outside the lane,I think they had one three and that was from Roediger. Legacy played a zone all night mostly a 2-3 but changing up some,while the Irish started in man and went to zone in the second half before changing back. The Irish dominated inside and had more free throws for it. But Legacy shot well from the outside especially on threes to build their lead. The undoing for Legacy was turn overs,especially unforced ones and those fouls. All those things with Irish rebounding kept Irish possession alive ,that’s a big deal when the Irish had some guys that couldn’t seem to throw the ball in the ocean while standing on the shore.
Surprising score, Legacy Christian is not a good team. Think SCC was looking ahead?

Surprising score, Legacy Christian is not a good team. Think SCC was looking ahead?
Seems to me this team has had a habit of playing down to the competition all year. Their was no outside shot all night last night. I think one three and that was Roediger of all people. Legacy played zone all night and the Irish got the ball inside but passed up several good looks from the three. Why I have no idea. But they will need those outside shots to beat Cedarville. They might even play well and not beat the Indians. But if they come out and play with effort and determination the Irish fans will be happy.

Seems to me this team has had a habit of playing down to the competition all year. Their was no outside shot all night last night. I think one three and that was Roediger of all people. Legacy played zone all night and the Irish got the ball inside but passed up several good looks from the three. Why I have no idea. But they will need those outside shots to beat Cedarville. They might even play well and not beat the Indians. But if they come out and play with effort and determination the Irish fans will be happy.
Is it true that a Central player bailed on his team before the tourney to join Mo Douglass’ next recruiting class?

Is it true that a Central player bailed on his team before the tourney to join Mo Douglass’ next recruiting class?
Yes. Just another example of the sorry part of today’s athletic scene. If he wants to transfer at the end of the year or after basketball to be eligible for track that’s one thing. But to bail on a team that has a legit shot at playing in the district and this is a player that was sixth man and played a lot as the best outside defender. I just don’t understand this way of thinking. When I started playing sports my dad made one thing clear,if you start something you finish it. No matter how it goes you stick it out so these attitudes today are completely foreign to me.