OH vs CARDS WEEK is it their biggest rival since they don't play Elder?

True Westsider

OH vs Cards is it their biggest rival until Elder is back on the schedule next year? Will OH ever be more than Cards little step sister? What is the outcome with OH with a chance to make the playoffs for first time since 1999 if they beat the Cards?

Cards 35

OH 21

Tough game and maybe OH leading until the fourth then just like Princeton the wheels fall off for the Highlanders. Hope I'm wrong but this is my opinion.

they had a chance at the playoffs in 2006 if they beat the cards.

jtk
()

I was saying if they win it would be the first time in the playoffs since 1999. Also that year if I remember right since I was only in the 6th grade that OH wasn't in any conference that year. Maybe OH should go independant like WW seems to not hurt WW and could possibly help OH for their playoff hopes in football.

I was saying if they win it would be the first time in the playoffs since 1999. Also that year if I remember right since I was only in the 6th grade that OH wasn't in any conference that year. Maybe OH should go independant like WW seems to not hurt WW and could possibly help OH for their playoff hopes in football.

Correct there was no conference and the schedule that yea reflected it as they played LaSalle, McNicholas, Western Hills, East Central & Zanesville among others.

I remember 1999 pretty well (my freshman year)... We lost in a back & forth game with LaSalle, beat a touch East Central team at their place where it was a pretty hostile crowd, the playoff clinching victory came over a Mark Cupito lead McNick team at our place and they defeated either Zanesville or a Zanesville-area team on the road in multiple overtimes.

Then of course the Elder game....... What a special night. With permission from local authorities, OHHS did not turn away anyone who walked up in attempt to buy a ticket. Fans were packed in seats and were permitted to stand anywhere on the walking track (just couldn't stand on grass). Senior class that year raised money to have a fireworks display go off the baseball field during halftime after the band performed. And of course the actual game with a late FG from the right hash that slipped just inside the left upright and landed into the hearts of the OHHS students.... literally..... kick was caught by the guy standing in front of me as our student section was the area behind that endzone :Ohno:

That year rivals any other year in my memory as the time when students showed the greatest support to football team. The senior class of '99 knew which buttons to push to motivate their classmates and the entire student body. They as a senior class ran so many fundraisers to help benefit the school. 1st day of school was a pep rally in the main gym where one of the football players was set to have a "bench-off" with one of the football coaches. Bench was set at 400 lbs and they said if the student-athlete out-repped the coach, that every student donates $1 the next day in school. Well, he did, and student reacted by raising money which helped pay bus drivers to take students to any away football game that year. I rode out to East Central and I believe Western Hills on the student "rally bus" and it was something to be seen when hundreds of students unload from buses to an away stadium.

Sorry for the long post, but there was so much good that came from that one fall season in 1999

Correct there was no conference and the schedule that yea reflected it as they played LaSalle, McNicholas, Western Hills, East Central & Zanesville among others.

I remember 1999 pretty well (my freshman year)... We lost in a back & forth game with LaSalle, beat a touch East Central team at their place where it was a pretty hostile crowd, the playoff clinching victory came over a Mark Cupito lead McNick team at our place and they defeated either Zanesville or a Zanesville-area team on the road in multiple overtimes.

Then of course the Elder game....... What a special night. With permission from local authorities, OHHS did not turn away anyone who walked up in attempt to buy a ticket. Fans were packed in seats and were permitted to stand anywhere on the walking track (just couldn't stand on grass). Senior class that year raised money to have a fireworks display go off the baseball field during halftime after the band performed. And of course the actual game with a late FG from the right hash that slipped just inside the left upright and landed into the hearts of the OHHS students.... literally..... kick was caught by the guy standing in front of me as our student section was the area behind that endzone :Ohno:

That year rivals any other year in my memory as the time when students showed the greatest support to football team. The senior class of '99 knew which buttons to push to motivate their classmates and the entire student body. They as a senior class ran so many fundraisers to help benefit the school. 1st day of school was a pep rally in the main gym where one of the football players was set to have a "bench-off" with one of the football coaches. Bench was set at 400 lbs and they said if the student-athlete out-repped the coach, that every student donates $1 the next day in school. Well, he did, and student reacted by raising money which helped pay bus drivers to take students to any away football game that year. I rode out to East Central and I believe Western Hills on the student "rally bus" and it was something to be seen when hundreds of students unload from buses to an away stadium.

Sorry for the long post, but there was so much good that came from that one fall season in 1999

That is awesome and wish they could find that again. I was to young wasn't at the high school yet but remember the football games well.

On a side not guess theres no excitement for OH at all since no one ever posts or comments on here anymore. Whats going on?????? SAD:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

That is awesome and wish they could find that again. I was to young wasn't at the high school yet but remember the football games well.

On a side not guess theres no excitement for OH at all since no one ever posts or comments on here anymore. Whats going on?????? SAD:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

It's a message board where there MAY be 7 OHHS supporters are aware that this place even exists. There's plenty of support for the school and it's football team. Besides, anytime a decent conversation starts going here, it's bombarded with inappropriate behavior. So many don't waste their time here because of that.

That was a good class for OH. I was at the game at OH when Defranco hit the FG. The following week OH ended up at the Pit for their last playoff game. That was right before the time when things got ugly bw the schools.

Where was Ruffin last night. Looks like he didn't play based on the stats. Looks like over his 4 years he played against Colerain 1 time.

Congrats to the OH Coaching Staff and Players! I thought towards the end of the yr the team really started going in the right direction.