OH HS Boys' - All-Time Indoor - Top 30 - Update - 60 Meter Hurdles added

JAVMAN83

I'm going to try to crank one list/week out prior to the indoor t&f season, then repost the entire lot in a separate thread.

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Men - Indoor - 60 Meters - Top 30.pdf
    28.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Great work, JavMan. Weird there are no marks prior to 2001. Is this a FAT thing?
Thank you.

It's more like a change of events from the 55m to the 60m that took place during the '95-'05 time frame. College facilities got away from the 55m, so HS followed suit after a bit.

The real challenge is upcoming given that for the past 15 years and all the 300m facilities being built, I have to separate the lists between legal 200m tracks and over-sized 300m tracks. Indoor records always use 200m or less.

Last edited:
As a follow-up tidbit, research shows that the National Scholastic meet converted from 55m to 60m in 1995. I'll be updating the 60m list based findings there.

Here is an update listing of the Top 30 boys' all-time indoor pole vault. Top 30 performers & performances.

Oldest mark is from 1982 from someone I once vaulted against (but just a few feet lower than him :) ).

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Men - Indoor - Pole Vault - Top 30.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Here is an updated listing of the Top 30 boys' all-time weight throw. Top 30 performers & performances. Also, the athletes' ranking in the top 30 nationally all-time have been added in the column next to the Ohio all-time rankings.

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Men - Indoor - Weight Throw - Top 30 - Updated thru 2021.pdf
    31 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Here is a listing of the Top 30 boys' all-time high jumpers & performances known-to-date. Those without meet information show, I welcome input from the community in order to track down specifics. I was able to identify all of these boys' marks from the yearly nationals lists published by Track & Field News, of which I have all lists going back to 1976 now after receiving a batch of booklets recently.

fyi - there are a few other marks I'll be adding this week once I track down some info.

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Men - Indoor - High Jump - Top 30.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Boys' 60 Meter Hurdles top 30 performers & performances.

Attachments

• Ohio All-Time Lists - Men - Indoor - 60 Meter Hurdles - Top 30.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 22
JAVMAN, what made you decide to go 30 deep and not 25. Do you recommend changing the lists of the coaches web site to 30 deep

JAVMAN, what made you decide to go 30 deep and not 25. Do you recommend changing the lists of the coaches web site to 30 deep
I wanted to go deeper than the local SW Ohio lists. I'm starting with top 30 indoors, but top 50 outdoors. My eventual goal is top 50 indoor and top 100 outdoor. These are multi-year projects that are well underway. I'm releasing indoor lists as I'm completing those. I think I'll have, save the relays & odd events, both boys & girls top 30 all time indoor lists by the end of the current indoor season. Then I'll be focusing exclusively on outdoor listings, which I have well underway.

I've been acquiring, slowly but surely, all the Track & Field News' HS Track issues from the past in order to supplement information that I don't already have by using their yearly indoor & outdoor lists. I've pretty much got all the metric years (1980-present), and will be acquiring the yards in upcoming months. As I acquire new information, I use a subscription to Newspaperarchive.com as well as logging onto other library websites and good-old gumshoe methodologies for tracking down information. I do NOT give up on a hint of information unless I've confirmed it either true or false or mistaken. Period. Craig Whitmore set the example. I'm only confirming his info, expounding upon it, and adding new info as the years go along. Some day, I hope someone else will take the ball and run with it, too.

For instance, on the outdoor 110mH, I now have 50 athletes having run 13.97 seconds FAT LEGAL or better in Ohio history, with at least 90 performances at 13.99 or better.

Last edited:
Amazed the great Glenn Terry is not on the list. This just tells me he never (or rarely) ran indoor track lol.

Amazed the great Glenn Terry is not on the list. This just tells me he never (or rarely) ran indoor track lol.
Glenn does show up as the national list leader over the 55 meter hurdles for 1989 indoor season with a 7.26 second clocking. He is nowhere to be found in 1988. He won the National Scholastic Indoor Championships with a 7.31 clocking.

FYI - The 60 meter hurdles didn't become the national standard until the mid-90s, just like the 60 meter dash replaced the 55 meter.

Also, the old standards like the 55m/60y dashes & hurdles will have their own lists eventually. I've already got those underway as well.

Last edited:
I should have known - especially after I commented on the 55 vs 60m. He was poetry in motion over the hurdles.