Offseason

:laugh: :laugh: Kahn's attempting to make what would have been a terrible signing if it weren't matched even worse. Not only is he trying to give Batum a $45-50 million dollar deal, but he's willing to give up two first rounders and a second rounder to do it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8157984/source-portland-trail-blazers-minnesota-timberwolves-discussing-nicolas-batum-deal

The Minnesota Timberwolves are attempting to acquire free-agent forward Nicolas Batum in a three-team trade with the Portland Trail Blazers and Chicago Bulls, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Portland would receive shooting guard Kyle Korver from Chicago and two future first-round draft picks from Minnesota, according to the source. The Bulls would acquire a second-round pick from the Timberwolves, the source said.

Bynum & Richardson to Philly. Not bad at all.

Lakers - Dwight Howard
Nuggets - Andre Iguodala
76ers - Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson
Magic - Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless

Great deal for LA.

This sets up a staring lineup of:
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard
Metta World Peace?

Scary lineup.

Thank goodness Gasol is staying. They really wouldn't have been much better losing both. Now they have Nash running pick and roll with Gasol and Kobe doing his thing offensively and Howard protecting the rim to make up for Nash's D

Still think this is an awful trade for the Magic. The reported Cleveland trade would have been better. However, the best would have been Houston.

And another of Stern's teams get a rip off deal. What a shocker....

Like I said when the Cavs getting Bynum rumors came about... That kind of rip off trade doesn't happen for the small market teams. League is a joke.

I don't know if I consider Denver a big market team and they got a steal.

However, every single Cavs fan that has ever b*tched, whined, moaned or complained about LeBron better be up in arms about this Dwight deal. I expect pages upon pages of hatred for Dwight and the Lakers.

I already said the trade is a joke. All of these players forcing trades and leaving small market teams helpless is terrible for the league.

It wasn't directed towards you, I had actually opened the thread before you posted, walked away and didn't see what you had said. It was just a little ribbing though. Only a joke.

I do agree. Bad for the league.

Different. Howard forced his trade (not to his #1 team, but a team he wanted). Not good for the league, but I have no problem with it. These are the rules

What I like about this trade is that I no longer have to hear a new Dwight Howard trade rumor every 2-3 days on ESPN. He has probably become the most annoying athlete on the planet.

Pretty sad for Orlando that this is the best deal they could finalize.

Miami getting all the HEAT the past two years. Now how about LA CRAZY getting some. Wow, I would be worried if I was an Oklahoma City fan.

Lakers have to be the favorite in the West now. And they keep Gasol??????

Yikes!

Denver is probably a lower-level playoff team with Iggy. Could maybe win a playoff series but that's about their cap right now. Philly is a 4-5 seed at the moment but their future looks good if Bynum re-signs after this season. Philly has the best center in the Eastern Conference now.