Officiating

Because they have bills to pay and can’t be in arrears.
losses on extracurriculars are budgeted for and covered out of general fund.

revenues raised by ticket sales defray the cost but never come close to covering the deficit .

extracurriculars cost money period. education costs money. extracurriculars are just part of education.

How much do pee-wee teams charge to play? In baseball we won't take anything less than 25% above the HS rates for equivalent 'summer' tournaments. They can charge $2000 for teams to play, gate fees, cooler fees, and get hotel profit kickbacks and certainly pay more.

HS cannot do this. Now, they certainly CAN raise revenue and find creative or alternative ways to do so - but many won't which is a separate issue.
Yeah it’s called… taking from the tax revenue generated yearly.

The next step is explaining to the taxpayers that you need to put on a larger levy because you decided to pay a bunch of people more money.
Large Amount??? Or like 1500 max to split up between officials 5-6 home football games per year. 😂🤣😂

large amount GTFO

Like was said in an earlier post. “Make money on youth games”. Those are nonprofit organizations in most cases paying the school and the refs to have games and they all pay more than a Varsity Friday

again, keep in mind that it's not just the varsity football officials that are seeking raised game fees. it's subvarsity football, just keeping it to football, and then you have your contest officials for all the other sports (gender/level as well to consider). I haven't done the price out on officiating expenses for a school each year to say how much it is though.

Large Amount??? Or like 1500 max to split up between officials 5-6 home football games per year. 😂🤣😂

large amount GTFO

Like was said in an earlier post. “Make money on youth games”. Those are nonprofit organizations in most cases paying the school and the refs to have games and they all pay more than a Varsity Friday
I wasn’t talking about only referees. In my last post I asked why stop there? Why not pay every vendor or employee more? Or now are you only talking about referees?

I wasn’t talking about only referees. In my last post I asked why stop there? Why not pay every vendor or employee more? Or now are you only talking about referees?
This is about officiating but yes rates for everyone have already gone up. From the plumbers to the HVAC guys who help support schools and just about any other support staff as well.