OCC Outlook

none, and all state doesnt matter. when you get to college and beyond, know one cares if you made all state. one of my best buddies made 1st team and went naia, and his teamates dont care that he was all state at all. i did something right to get recruited. i dont care what awards i got because as a team we did very well

is your view on the importance of all state honors the same as player of the year honors...or would you shrug off POY too like it was nothing?

i kinda agree with the 1st team all state stuff, there are have recently like only one or two who get scholarships. and to not even get an all state and get a scholarship is comendable

blake mckormick(SP?) is good... but i think he might have a motivation problem... maybe becase his team is average? no disrespect, but when we played him, he didnt have much against me, maybe 2 good kills? and i am normally an outside that was moved to middle to go 1 on 1 with him... by all means, if he tries and if he wants to he can be one of the best, he has like a 89 inch vertical or something lol...

and really i tried to say that as modest as i could... im not trying to brag

Blake is sick. I think it is due to his team because he was awesome as a club player this year. I would say he is the best middle in the state without question.

i would guess mccormick at 6'5" maybe minus and inch? but he is incredibley athletic and does have great hops, best middle in state? maybe, one of the top few? for sure

haha...o ok i get it...so since your didn't receive any state honors it doesn't mean anything to you...i think it would mean something if you actually would have be recognized

no, b/c when i talked to college guys, they dont even remember that they were all state b/c when you get to college, it doesnt mean crap anymore.

But they remember that they had better stats then another middle who was first team all state when they didnt get any honors?

i would guess mccormick at 6'5" maybe minus and inch? but he is incredibley athletic and does have great hops, best middle in state? maybe, one of the top few? for sure

Yea Blake is probably about as tall as me so 6'6, maybe 6'5 but I know he jumps a ---- of a lot higher than me and stays in the air a ---- of a lot longer lol. Hes one of the best middles Ive ever seen, but our team shut him down because there is no one else on his team that knows how to play vball. Top 3 in the state in my opinion.

IMO, McCormick is the best middle in the state, who is being looked at by OSU as a preferred walk on. Although a great middle, he is not a great leader, which is why he does not stand out on an average Coffman team. In club, he was the best. Brandel did not play middle, but is probably he best position. Probably trying to play outside so he has more of a chance at the college level--dunno?? But Blake is better than him too. And I would bet that he is in teh 6'5 range, maybe more. Great guy. Missed regionals of club because of a missions trip with his church.
Good luck to Blake, Dreger and anyone else fortuante enough to play in college.

IMO, McCormick is the best middle in the state, who is being looked at by OSU as a preferred walk on. Although a great middle, he is not a great leader, which is why he does not stand out on an average Coffman team. In club, he was the best. Brandel did not play middle, but is probably he best position. Probably trying to play outside so he has more of a chance at the college level--dunno?? But Blake is better than him too. And I would bet that he is in teh 6'5 range, maybe more. Great guy. Missed regionals of club because of a missions trip with his church.
Good luck to Blake, Dreger and anyone else fortuante enough to play in college.

yep I agree he is one of the best I have seen to date. But I havent seen a lot of the southern teams middles, donno how good they are, just remember how good the outsides were.

And yea, hes not a good leader at all, when he goes against a good team and knows his team probably wont win, he plays like it, but I can see him doing big things in college, hes a great player.

yea im pretty sure he played for the "A" team for Vanguard (North)... he was a lot better there than he is at Coffman

thats b/c blake is coffman. hes one of my buddies and a very good player. i hope he does well at ohio state. if he had a team around him at coffman, they would be one of the top teams, they use him front and back row which makes them predictable. me and him have had many classic battles. hes a great guy and a great player. i hope he does well

My opinion on Blake is that he is amazingly athletic and can absolutely pound the ball but he makes far too many unforced errors. However, that is the kind of player that colleges look for because with good coaching and his athleticsm, he could become very good.

Vanguard 18-1's? Cause if so that guy was very, very good IMO... See guys from the south do appreciate players from the east region!!

Yeah i agree he is a beast, but only if he has good players around him. I think he is frustrated coming from great team at Vanguard to only a mediocre team at Coffman. He could def play at college level, and with the right coaching he could be amazing. Not saying he isn't now, just think hes not playing to his full potential

St. Ed's has a pair of good middles in Fayen and Flick. Flick is playing at Lewis next year and Fayen can just jump out of the roof.

thats b/c blake is coffman. hes one of my buddies and a very good player. i hope he does well at ohio state. if he had a team around him at coffman, they would be one of the top teams, they use him front and back row which makes them predictable. me and him have had many classic battles. hes a great guy and a great player. i hope he does well

didnt know he was getting looks but that is great, good guy for sure. i think it may even be a case of a lookabaugh liek situation there were he is 90 percent of the team all the time but i bet he just has a lot more upside to him than they did.