OCC Outlook

Meatsauce

ok I know that most people on this site are from the south but hopefully there are a few besides me that live in central ohio and know the OCC

Capital
Mt Vernon
Delaware
Dublin Jerome
Pickerington Central
Olentangy Liberty

Cardinal
Hilliard Davidson
Pickerington North
Worthington Kilbourne
Dublin Scioto
Westerville North

Ohio
Hilliard Darby
Gahanna Lincoln
Dublin Coffman
Thomas Worthington
Upper Arlington

i think those are the new divisions
out of the Cardinal ive heard that Davidson graduated most of its great team from last year, and Kilbourne did as well. I know that Pickerington North had 5 players play club ball for Vanguard and Westerville North had 3 play club, and WN returns 6 of 7 starters. i dont know much about any of the other teams

i'd say pick north for the cardinal, davidson did graduate all starters from last years team. dont overlook kilbourne though and north is usually inconsistant at best.

darby is always strong but coffman has a couple strong players look for thos two in the ohio.

and mount vernon is my pick for the capital with maybe only delaware giving them some problems?

i also pick mount vernon and either darby or north to make states from the east.

Who are the big hitters in the OCC? Pat Blubaugh for sure at Mt. Vernon. Pete Stahl and Chris Dreger at Darby. Phil Hanson at St. charles. Johnson kid and John Barry at Kilbourne. Boby Roidt and Joe Powell at Delaware. Andrew Maggard at Pick North. Who else?

Chris Dreger is NOT playing high school ball this year. He is bypassing it though is still (most likely) signing to play at IPFW

mt vernon without a doubt in capital, shouldnt lose a game if they play to their potential, kilbourne or north in the cardinal (although kilbourne has a ton to prove after losing not only last years class but also johnson and ocheltree due to personal reasons (johnson was considered their best hitter, ochetree was a returning honorable mention all region). Darby should win the Ohio region... theyre very tall, but lacking in varsity experience, especially without dreger playing- however, their JV team was very good last year, and those players should develop well

Who are you thinking - besides Drager - that isn't playing this year? I can't think of a letter winner that's not coming back - except last year's graduates.

Help me out.

Not sure if either of them lettered, but, nonetheless, I can't believe that, as the third setter and fourth or fifth outside, either figured significantly into plans for this season.

i heard mt. vernon srimmaged pickerington north today. no scores kept.... both teams had streaches where they out played the other but seemed to be about even over all.

delaware, kilbourne, west. north, and thomas. ive heard kilbourne pretty much destroyed everyone. west. north supposevely stayed with them for the first five minutes then . . . fell apart. werent there more scrimmages?

at deleware

kilbourne handled most everyone easily, except westerville north, but still beat them

westerville north did as well, except kilbourne. played freshman that would probably never play during the season and had the regular starters playing in different positions

deleware seemed like it had promise for the season, but didnt do to well. they only have 2 returning starters, maybe three. and they are rotationg at setter. both are their best hitters

thomas seemed like they got a whole new team, not very serious and too much joking around. not good either.

mt vernon without a doubt in capital, shouldnt lose a game if they play to their potential, kilbourne or north in the cardinal (although kilbourne has a ton to prove after losing not only last years class but also johnson and ocheltree due to personal reasons (johnson was considered their best hitter, ochetree was a returning honorable mention all region). Darby should win the Ohio region... theyre very tall, but lacking in varsity experience, especially without dreger playing- however, their JV team was very good last year, and those players should develop well
Kilbourne should have fun trying to replace arguably the best libero and hitting outside in the state last year.

Had to bold that hitting part.

Kilbourne had neither the best libero or hitter in state last year...While they both were good they were definitly not the best

lookabaugh was the best hitter as a junior... but not as a senior... too many errors- he never really recovered from his ankle injury suffered after his junior year

darby should win the ohio division, my boys are strong and they will be ok even without the expierence, jon tholen is coming along and pete is a decent outside who can put the ball where it needs to be. sammy is a good libero and if they can get ball control down, dont worry about darby until the state tourny

The leadership and ball termination by Dreger will be missed by Hilliard Darby this year. That's really too bad for the program that one of the top middle hitters in the state will be playing his senior season. I wonder what's his reason for not playing. Must have been a difficult decision.

you know msuvb4, it was a very tough decision to leave the boys that i have fought with for 3 years behind. they know that i didnt quit on them and that i miss playing, its my senior year and i dont have the opportunity to get a state championship. i sat down with friends, family and my club coach, and we decided that the best option for me with the situation was to not play. its terrible not playing but its what i had to do. i appreciate you saying that im regarded as one of the best middles in that state, its to bad i have to wait till college to show what i can do now

thank you, its really to bad for the darby program, its first player to go play div 1 volleyball and the school isnt recognized on its signing day. many great players have come through darby and many will continue to grow, its just to bad that this had to happen. this could really get darbys name out there to vball schools but thats not going to happen

mt vernon will be darbys toughest test in the occ. pat, orsborn and carter cassel are huge. ive played with all of them and they are great kids. pat and orsborn are heard of but what about carter. at the beginning of this past club season it was hard to watch, but carter has improved so much and i would say by his junior year he will be pushing all state. carters works very hard and doesnt get enough credit. its going to be fun hearing about him when i come back from college. mt vernon will be very strong this year

wow is it just me or does it sound like dreger is talking himself up and he isn't even playing...sorry but you even made your own thread....i don't even know who you are and i played or have seen darby the past two years...if you were one of the best middles in the state i think i would have noticed or remembered you

about dreger

you might not know everything. chris is likely to go and play for IPFW next year which is a pretty big deal. if u saw any club this winter you'd know who he is. chris can still say what he pleases even if he isnt playing this year. he probally just wanted to clear everything up about him which is why he made his own thread.

you might not know everything. chris is likely to go and play for IPFW next year which is a pretty big deal. if u saw any club this winter you'd know who he is. chris can still say what he pleases even if he isnt playing this year. he probally just wanted to clear everything up about him which is why he made his own thread.

Was there really any confusion to clear up?

Who did he play club for and what position?