OATCCC Rankings

New OATCCC rankings out. Can we talk about Carroll’s first place vote? What was their coach THINKING voting them to be first place 🤣🤣

Looks like a NE Ohio bias as 6 of the top 9 teams in D2 boys are from the Boardman Regional.
On the ladies side 8 of the top 15 are from the Boardman Regional. With the addition of Kenston, Bay and Gilmour, 2 schools are going home unhappy this year.

New OATCCC rankings out. Can we talk about Carroll’s first place vote? What was their coach THINKING voting them to be first place 🤣🤣
Makes more sense than the voter that left the Mason boys completely off their ballot. Looks like they got 9 first place votes, 2 second place votes and 1 person that thinks they're not one of the top 20 teams in the state. I wonder if that voter is taking wagers...

Makes more sense than the voter that left the Mason boys completely off their ballot. Looks like they got 9 first place votes, 2 second place votes and 1 person that thinks they're not one of the top 20 teams in the state. I wonder if that voter is taking wagers...
Really all these ranking are there only to appease us as fans of the sport, they really mean nothing. That being said, the person who left them off probably did so so they could come here and see what everyone would say about it. However all it does is make a mocker of their rankings because one person doesn't take their job seriously. Good thing is, XC doesn't need voting or ranking to determine a playoff spot, everyone gets a fair shot.

Reactions: VFL
Looks like a NE Ohio bias as 6 of the top 9 teams in D2 boys are from the Boardman Regional.
On the ladies side 8 of the top 15 are from the Boardman Regional. With the addition of Kenston, Bay and Gilmour, 2 schools are going home unhappy this year.
Where does this NE bias come from? Seems like people forget that 3 year span from '13-'15 when a NE team didn't win the boys title. And last year, 2 of the 6 girls teams from the NE finished outside of the top 10 at 11 and 12. Sort of embarrassing. Luck has a lot to do with placing in Cross Country. It seems that a lot of the voters are mistaking decades of luck for good coaching, hard work, dedication and talent. Luck eventually runs out. It may take a half a century, but at some point frauds are found out. Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me 22 times...

Where does it break down all the votes that each team got? How do you know 1 person left them off? For example maybe they got 9 1st place votes, 2 8th place votes, and 1 9th place vote.

Springboro placed 14th at State last year and had a tight 1-5.

Lakota West didn't even qualify to state as a team in 2019.

There are some similarities, to be sure, but it's not surprising that Springboro has a solid squad.
Lakota West shocked everybody in 2020. How many teams have won a D1 state title and not even qualified for State the year before? That has to be a short list.
Not D1 but Taylor’s girls won the D2 title in their first ever state meet appearance.