OAC JR High and Freshman State this weekend!

GrizzlyDad

The high school action is done, any of these guys ready to claim a podium spot next year or help a team win a title.

Looking forward to a great time this weekend. Thanks for what the OAC does and puts on for the youth of our state. There will be some great wrestling this weekend. A few of the kids should make an impact next year as freshmen.

I don’t know if it would work logistically, but the inverse makes sense to me. JH the weekend before HS state, grade school two weeks before HS state. Looong season for grade school kids.

I just always assumed it was a ref supply and demand issue

I don’t know if it would work logistically, but the inverse makes sense to me. JH the weekend before HS state, grade school two weeks before HS state. Looong season for grade school kids.

I just always assumed it was a ref supply and demand issue Probably Correct
We had 20 mat officials for the weekend. I think it would be difficult to contract 20 solid officials any weekend in February. Including the two head officials, we usually had around a half dozen officials who worked the State Tournament. Also, not positive on when the jr hi season ends, but doubt very much that the jr hi OAC State Tournament could coincide with the scholastic season.

Well. HS Districts would pose a challenge to your JH proposal. HS Sectionals would pose a challenge to the GS proposal. 🤷

Hell they're freshman, so they're in high school. I guess we really need to add this OAC freshman state to OHSAA state at the Schott. They can Wrestle on mats 1-2 after the girls... 😉🤪🤣, because , HEY, they belong. They deserve it.

Well,sectionals,district,state conflicts. Not one but 3 weeks.

What's that slogan? Oh yeah, "It's all about the money." LOL!!!!!!

Another opportunity to get quality matches and improve is my opinion on it. My son wrestled in it last year and got some good matches. It was worth it, and he is well aware that it doesn't compare to being in the real thing.

Another opportunity to get quality matches and improve is my opinion on it. My son wrestled in it last year and got some good matches. It was worth it, and he is well aware that it doesn't compare to being in the real thing.
I'm glad you were satisfied with it. Opinions differ.

We use to have MadMex for Grade School and Jr High but he retired. Some of those Jr high guys could do well in the high school tourney though. Everyone has to start somewhere.
Jr Hi wrestling can be more difficult (often is) to officiate than High School. The biggest difference between the two is the "heat" (pressure). It takes time for many/most young officials to learn to keep their composure and make the correct calls under duress. Experience and KNOWING the rules are the two most important components to becoming a solid official (just my opinion). We lose a number of officials because they don't get to this point (can't handle the heat for one reason or another). I would have officiated more grade school if parents weren't attending. LOL!

No one to speak of, program looking rough for a while.
Program looking rough for a while??? Joy,Frantz, Mellons,Jardine,Ries,Dinwiddie, GrizzlyDad there are 7 state qualifiers right there with 6 if not all 7 making the podium in Columbus next year!! Not to mention there are probably 3 more that weren't on varsity this year that will be next year. That's what I love about Wadsworth they reload everytime they are doubted!!

Program looking rough for a while??? Joy,Frantz, Mellons,Jardine,Ries,Dinwiddie, GrizzlyDad there are 7 state qualifiers right there with 6 if not all 7 making the podium in Columbus next year!! Not to mention there are probably 3 more that weren't on varsity this year that will be next year. That's what I love about Wadsworth they reload everytime they are doubted!!
my comment was based on what is coming up from the Jr high since that is the topic, not the current guys there, and i dont think that roster will be as strong as the past few years, hell I hope they win a title