NWOAL 2021-22

Just wanted to set up a spot to talk specifically about the Northwest Ohio Athletic League.

Archbold and Evergreen look like they could be at the top?

Last edited:

Just wanted to set up a spot to talk specifically about the Northwest Ohio Athletic League.

Archbold and Evergreen look like they could be at the top?
The league will be too heavy. Swanton, Wauseon, Archbold, and Evergreen will all contend for the title. Should be a very fun year in the nwoal. I can see a few teams making deep runs come tourney time.

Don't count out LC. Delta and PH also look good in the very early going. Archbold and Evergreen return a ton of talent. Swanton got a couple of move in players that sound like they are really good. I know Wauseon lost 7 seniors so I don't know much about them other than the Tester kid. I'm assuming they will compete at the top just because they always seem to be at or near the top at the end of the day. Early returns say this is going to be a very fun year, but I have to agree that the Streaks are the early favorite with Evergreen.

I know that Wauseon plays Anthony Wayne tonight. Looking at the roster for Wauseon, I see the Sam Smith kid isn't playing. He was pretty good his Freshman and Sophomore years and has good size. Was tough last year when Perrysburg's JV beat them. Big loss for them IMO.

Archbold and Evergreen have the best returning duos in the league in Newman/Roth and Lumbrezer/Loeffler and should be near the top. Wauseon has good size and depth so they will definitely compete, Swanton is a little bit of the unknown with the roster they have now but definitely have size and depth also. Delta has a lot of players with experience returning. Patrick Henry will be young but still have a lot of experience coming back from some young guys who got good playing time last year. I do think Bryan will struggle. Liberty Center will return a good core and have some decent size but football injuries will hurt them early in the year.

Scores

Archbold 59, Kalida 54 (OT)
Eastside, Ind. 65, Bryan 27
Delta 55, Montpelier 40
Evergreen 63, Otsego 37
Wauseon 59, Fairview 43
Wayne Trace 64, Bryan 29
Tinora 33, Delta 26
Swanton 41, Evergreen 28
Patrick Henry 43, Ayersville 42

I was a little surprised to see Wauseon lose to a Napoleon team that PH beat. The Patriots must be much better this season.

I was a little surprised to see Wauseon lose to a Napoleon team that PH beat. The Patriots must be much better this season.

Transitive property doesn't always work, but Toledo Christian beat Anthony Wayne who beat Wauseon and Toledo Christian looks like they will finish 3rd or 4th in the TAAC.

Wauseon a little down from normal.

Transitive property doesn't always work, but Toledo Christian beat Anthony Wayne who beat Wauseon and Toledo Christian looks like they will finish 3rd or 4th in the TAAC.

Wauseon a little down from normal.
True. Not saying PH will beat Wauseon. Just a little surprising.

Saturday Scores
Eastwood 59, Archbold 52
Defiance 56, Bryan 29
Edgerton 50, Evergreen 48
Patrick Henry 56, Van Buren 25
Swanton 53, North Central 44
Napoleon 69, Wauseon 50

Saturday Scores
Eastwood 59, Archbold 52
Defiance 56, Bryan 29
Edgerton 50, Evergreen 48
Patrick Henry 56, Van Buren 25
Swanton 53, North Central 44
Napoleon 69, Wauseon 50
Looking at these non-league scores...NWOAL may not be as good as in the past??

Archbold is playing without Kammeyer and the Wauseon game sounded like a good game until late. I'm not sure if it's that the NWOAL is down, but I do think the bottom tier is closing the gap for sure. It has been Wauseon and Archbold for so long with an occasional other team sneaking in. Times may be changing.

I don’t know if this is true or not but last night at the BG vs Eastwood game I heard that DJ Newman tore his Achilles at the very end of the Eastwood/Archbold game. If true that is absolutely awful news.

Tuesday scores:
Ottawa Hills 37, Evergreen 26
Wauseon 41, Southview 33

Ottawa Hills is pretty solid so no shame there, Evergreen may take their lumps early in the year with this schedule and be a good tournament team in they are healthy. Definitely a good bounce back win by Wauseon over a decent Southview team.

Tuesday scores:
Ottawa Hills 37, Evergreen 26
Wauseon 41, Southview 33

Ottawa Hills is pretty solid so no shame there, Evergreen may take their lumps early in the year with this schedule and be a good tournament team in they are healthy. Definitely a good bounce back win by Wauseon over a decent Southview team.
It's been a very odd start to the season to say the least. Napoleon lost to Patrick Henry, but it was their first game, and has since rattled off 4 straight wins (including beating Wauseon by 19). But they also needed a 3 at the buzzer to beat a below average Springfield team.

Southview lost to Whitmer by 26, then also beat a decent BG team, but then get smoked by Wauseon (who lost to an average at best Anthony Wayne team who lost to Toledo Christian, but also just whipped St. Francis by 20).

I heard from an Archbold coach that Kammeyer should be out another week or so and Newman is probably looking at closer to a month with the calf injury.

Saturday Scores
Ottawa-Glandorf 73, Archbold 34
Liberty Center 49, Tinora 40
Patrick Henry 43, Columbus Grove 40
Swanton 57, Edgerton 45
Wauseon 49, Genoa 43

A good night for the league, hopefully they can have a few more nights like this in the next couple weeks leading up to the start of league play.

Lol...I think everyone else in the league would agree with Archbold losing by 40 it's a Great night...haha.

I think the league is very average this year...don't really see any Regional level teams.

League is down and wide open for sure.

Who is this freshman kid point guard for Archbold? Heard the broadcast team raving about him last night.

Sonny and a few others (sophomores) transferred in to Archbold. He and the others are going to be outstanding before it's all said and done.

Streaks not very good at all without the 3 starters missing. Wauseon clamped down defensively last night and this game was ugly for Archbold. Wauseon did a good job defensively as they usually do.