NWO Conference Realignment Rumors

braygatron4

Lots of talk of all the conference realignment is going to be announced pretty soon. From what I hear, public schools leaving the TRAC to join NLL. NLL making 2 divisions, bigger + smaller schools split up. 3 easternmost NWOAL schools (evergreen, swanton, delta) joining the small school NLL div...just going to have huge trickle down effect on a lot of conferences.

Archbold, Bryan, Wauseon MIGHT also be going to small school NLL div., and if those 3 join, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Defiance join them as well. That would leave PH & LC as last 2 standing in NWOAL, and if I was a betting man I’d say PH to BVC & LC joining NLL as well. What’s anyone else hearing on this?

Lots of talk of all the conference realignment is going to be announced pretty soon. From what I hear, public schools leaving the TRAC to join NLL. NLL making 2 divisions, bigger + smaller schools split up. 3 easternmost NWOAL schools (evergreen, swanton, delta) joining the small school NLL div...just going to have huge trickle down effect on a lot of conferences.

Archbold, Bryan, Wauseon MIGHT also be going to small school NLL div., and if those 3 join, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Defiance join them as well. That would leave PH & LC as last 2 standing in NWOAL, and if I was a betting man I’d say PH to BVC & LC joining NLL as well. What’s anyone else hearing on this?
Where do you think Lima Sr. ends up in all of this?

im not sure where they’d go. Maybe they’ll stick with the private schools in the TRAC, maybe they’ll join the big schools in the NLL, maybe they’ll just go Indy. Will be interesting to see which route they take

i heard from a reliable source on what the new league would look like after the realignment:

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon

After the NLL inevitably splits in two, would there still be inter-division play? With all the rumors that Northview and Southview might be split in two, I'm curious to see if there would still be a "Battle for Sylvania" rivalry in play. It'd stink if that was interrupted.

Quite honestly if this all plays out like it's been mentioned, with the island that Lima Sr. is on IMO they should be trying to head south and join the MVL to hookup with all of those similar-ish sized schools that are all along 75 north of Dayton. Sidney, Piqua, Troy, etc. would be better than getting stuck in some crappy setup with the Toledo Catholics and having very lopsided competition in a huge number of sports plus a lot of scheduling headaches.

i mean
After the NLL inevitably splits in two, would there still be inter-division play? With all the rumors that Northview and Southview might be split in two, I'm curious to see if there would still be a "Battle for Sylvania" rivalry in play. It'd stink if that was interrupted.
teams don’t play 8 games a season. they play around 22. so 14 out of 22 games, you obviously have to make time for your biggest rival.

Quite honestly if this all plays out like it's been mentioned, with the island that Lima Sr. is on IMO they should be trying to head south and join the MVL to hookup with all of those similar-ish sized schools that are all along 75 north of Dayton.
i honestly think L. Sr should replace defiance for the wbl. & stick to the teams around the lima area.

i honestly think L. Sr should replace defiance for the wbl. & stick to the teams around the lima area.

I'm not sure that they'd be willing to bring them in. Very different demographics and athletically in most years they'd be bringing in a school that would be a force in basketball and football and probably pretty weak in most of everything else.

i heard from a reliable source on what the new league would look like after the realignment:

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon

Where does that leave Evergreen, Swanton, Delta, LC?

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
No changes in the NBC? None of the schools from eastern Fulton County moving? The TAAC remaining intact?

No changes in the NBC? None of the schools from eastern Fulton County moving? The TAAC remaining intact?

I doubt you see what's left of the TAAC remain. Northwood would be the most likely to find a home followed by Ottawa Hills.

Obviously Elmwood has the BVC invite but who knows what the BVC ends up looking like. Then there's the Woodmore/SBC River flirtation.

Who knows. All it takes is one one move.

As a WBL fan I'd be fine with Lima Senior as a member....but really would hate to lose Defiance. They have the nicest facilities in the league in football, basketball, baseball and softball and are usually at least competitive in every sport. Lima Senior maybe not as great of a fit, especially in football and basketball, but a lot of the WBL teams play them in basketball already. They will be Top 3 every year in basketball for sure.....but the league could use a little more competition at the top. Not as dominating in football as they would have been 15-20 years ago.

What an interesting experiment if a nearer league let Lima Sr. in conditionally with the caveat they had to develop other teams to a certain level of competence in .. 4 years? Socially, that's a win-win isn't it?

The other thing to think about is what does Ottawa Hills and Northwood do for football. All the private schools in the TAAC are going to 8 man or don't have football. Which I could see them fitting well in the NBC if Elmwood and Woodmore leave. If Elmwood and Woodmore stay then I could see the NBC reaching out to Van Buren to join to make a 12 team league.

What an interesting experiment if a nearer league let Lima Sr. in conditionally with the caveat they had to develop other teams to a certain level of competence in .. 4 years? Socially, that's a win-win isn't it?

This would be the equivalent of telling Rogers you can be in the NLL but you need to have a competitive Ice Hockey team by 2024.

Saw on another site yesterday, from a pretty reliable source that there has been no talk about Defiance going anywhere.....and it was from someone who likely would know if it's even been discussed lol

just adding on.

why is the WBL scared to have Lima Sr when basketball might be the only thing they could compete at? football can compete too but the WBL has been loaded recently.

Lima senior would be in the middle of the league standings in sports. so my question is, why are people against lima senior joining the wbl???

it makes drives a lot easier for folks and it’s a lot closer than defiance.

you guys just need to suck it up and compete. let them join. quit playing politics.

just adding on.

why is the WBL scared to have Lima Sr when basketball might be the only thing they could compete at? football can compete too but the WBL has been loaded recently.

Lima senior would be in the middle of the league standings in sports. so my question is, why are people against lima senior joining the wbl???

you guys just need to suck it up and compete. let them join. quit playing politics.
Two reason:
First and biggest is money, their fans do not have a history of traveling.
Second see below. Not many leagues want to invite a school that would be the biggest particularly one that is twice as big as some of the current schools.

1610658674598.png

Two reason:
First and biggest is money, their fans do not have a history of traveling.
Second see below. Not many leagues want to invite a school that would be the biggest particularly one that is twice as big as some of the current schools.

View attachment 13500

So, more people in the building, whether they are athletes or not make team harder to beat? This is how you decide when the records say otherwise? People associated with urban education, not that fake private stuff but the real education know that a reporting of 429 on rosters is not 429 in building. For some schools, the numbers aren't even close. And they know the percent of students participating in sports is much lower than a comparably rostered school in a higher economic burbs, generally.

Enrollments are a pretty shallow look but they still mean a lower division school that beats that higher but weaker enrollment in football, is benefit!

None of that of course was my point. My point was, there are educators in the surrounding communities that could help those educators with Lima St district build something, for kids. Not just in Lima Sr. district but in their own. Yeah we know much of athletics is built by ex-jocks wishing to relive but in their souls they wish good for all kids, they are educators. If they're smart, they're educators that recognize not just a social opportunity but an economic one. ;)

Most of those burbs were and are probably being filled by people who look at their high school diplomas and see "Lima Sr." And an even higher percentage are probably no more than two steps away in genialogy. Those are emotions that mean $$$. :D But really, it's not about the money. Wouldn't hurt to give it a test run.

But yes, I tilt at windmills I believe is the appropriate saying.

Last edited:
no it wouldn't

I need more than this haha. Which is more or less feasible? My analogy or Lima being competitive in more than just boys basketball in the WBL?

On another note. Remember the days when Start, Waite, Bowsher and heck even Woodward did field Ice Hockey teams?

just adding on.

SOME school boards (not all) aren't jumping at the chance to have to send their kids and communities into the city limits of Lima. Not calling any one particular community out, but they rhyme with the word Bath.

Since there are now two similar discussions going on in regards to the same topic and I can't keep either straight I'm just gonna let it be known for everyone from a Lima Senior alum that the WBL ain't seeking Lima's admission into the league and Lima ain't fighting to get in because they know they would not be welcome.

End of story for those who want to speculate on this issue.

I need more than this haha. Which is more or less feasible? My analogy or Lima being competitive in more than just boys basketball in the WBL?

On another note. Remember the days when Start, Waite, Bowsher and heck even Woodward did field Ice Hockey teams?

yeah he private schools whined they played too rough so it ended.

Since there are now two similar discussions going on in regards to the same topic and I can't keep either straight I'm just gonna let it be known for everyone from a Lima Senior alum that the WBL ain't seeking Lima's admission into the league and Lima ain't fighting to get in because they know they would not be welcome.

End of story for those who want to speculate on this issue.

Well if you're the one that gets to make those decisions, why didn't you sayso at the beginning. Geez.

yeah he private schools whined they played too rough so it ended.

Well if you're the one that gets to make those decisions, why didn't you sayso at the beginning. Geez.

1 Really? haha. That seems somewhat lame on their part.

2 Just saying it ain't gone happen is all. I mean you can speculate all you want, go for it, it's your time, but if Senior High ever ends up in the WBL I will literally do a youtube video for ya'll of me eating actual crow. Like I will find the crow, catch it and eat that motherfather, video it and post it for ya.

1 Really? haha. That seems somewhat lame on their part.

2 Just saying it ain't gone happen is all. I mean you can speculate all you want, go for it, it's your time, but if Senior High ever ends up in the WBL I will literally do a youtube video for ya'll of me eating actual crow. Like I will find the crow, catch it and eat that motherfather, video it and post it for ya.

Not my style to ask that of anyone. I'd say consider maybe something good happened. I understand it's more than a long shot. Mostly I hope Lima Sr. doesn't get left out when the music stops.

Lima Senior will never be in the WBL, demographic is too "urban" (see Trotwood Madison and the GWOC) even though 3 of the suburban Lima schools play in the league. LCC is also another no go for the WBL. Our best bet would be to go south but like Toledo, the Dayton area schools don't like coming this far north (as opposed to south for Toledo). And other sports aside, the two revenue sport drive everything.