NW Ohio Basketball

LetsGoBig

What does NW Ohio look like this year? Had some very good teams last year that had seasons cut short!

D1:
Lima Senior lost a ton, but with Q I imagine he hit the transfer portal hard
I am hearing St. Johns will be back as they had a very good underclassmen last year.
St. Francis should be pretty good again
Findlay has the Adams kid back with some younger guard play--they could surprise some people
Start- Always well coached--tough out
Whitmer- New coach

D2:
Rogers has to be the heavy favorite again
Rossford was very good last year--but they play in a very weak double round robin conference.
Sandusky was very good, but I believe they lost their best player
Lima Shawnee should be very good again--bring back the Mangus kid!
Tiffin Columbian made the district last year brings back their nucleus

D3:
Cardinal Stritch lost just about everyone, but their coach is always look in the transfer portal
Evergreen lost a bunch as well--no idea what their younger kids look like
Ottawa Glandorf is always loaded--not sure if they stayed d3 or not though
Not too sure about anyone else in d3
Archbold- Always good, well coached

D4:
Columbus Grove- was undefeated going into the Regional Final and brings back most their roster
Antwerp- I know they lost the big kid, but his brother is better and just a junior
Toledo Christian- brings back all 5 starters I believe
Ottoville- Should be very good, but they have to go through Columbus Grove
Crestview- Has the best player in D4 with the Etzler kid but again in with CG
Tiffin Calvert- Made the regional last year and should bring back a bunch
Old Fort- Should also bring back a pretty talented Roster

D3:

Eastwood was District Runner Up last year. Have their best player back along with a solid guard who returns. Some incoming kids that are very solid as well.

D3:

Eastwood was District Runner Up last year. Have their best player back along with a solid guard who returns. Some incoming kids that are very solid as well.

Meyer is pretty much a lock for 17 and 9 every night and the younger Boos is impossible to stay in front of. They should challenge Rossford and be able to make a run in the tournament. Henline is an excellent coach.

Meyer is pretty much a lock for 17 and 9 every night and the younger Boos is impossible to stay in front of. They should challenge Rossford and be able to make a run in the tournament. Henline is an excellent coach.

I totally forgot about Eastwood. Thank you for that. Another good team to keep an eye open in what I think is a very wide open D3. Well maybe outside of OG but should be very competitive after that.

D4:
Columbus Grove- was undefeated going into the Regional Final and brings back most their roster
Antwerp- I know they lost the big kid, but his brother is better and just a junior
[/QUOTE]

I'd say this is pretty accurate.

Western Reserve and St. Paul should be atop the Firelands Conference standings. WR returns four all-league players while St. Paul returns five of its top six players.

Western Reserve and St. Paul should be atop the Firelands Conference standings. WR returns four all-league players while St. Paul returns five of its top six players.

That is good intel. I never really get out that way...I guess I don't consider NSP to be NW Ohio because they go to Canton for regionals. I always forget about Western Reserve, they are very welll coached!

Tiffin and Norwalk look to be the favorites in SBC Lake. Truckers have 4-year starter Garrett Chapin and company returning.

What does NW Ohio look like this year? Had some very good teams last year that had seasons cut short!

D1:
I am hearing St. Johns will be back as they had a very good underclassmen last year.
Findlay has the Adams kid back with some younger guard play--they could surprise some people
Whitmer- New coach

D2:
Rossford was very good last year--but they play in a very weak double round robin conference.

D3:
Cardinal Stritch lost just about everyone, but their coach is always look in the transfer portal

D4:

I do know Lima Sr will still be a tough out. 6'6 Naz Cameron is back after Playing for London the last 2 years.

D1:
Whitmer- New coach

D2:

D3:

D4:
Per ehoopsohio.com, Stephen Coleman has left Rogers joining Jamiya Neal at Hillcrest Prep in Arizona. That would mean all five starters (before Ketaan Wyatt got hurt) from last year are gone.

Last edited:
Per ehoopsohio.com, Stephen Coleman has left Rogers joining Jamiya Neal at Hillcrest Prep in Arizona. That would mean all five starters (before Ketaan Wyatt got hurt) from last year are gone.
Neal was a Washington Local kid who went to SF, to Rogers, and now Hillcrest. Coleman started at MVCD, went to Rogers, and now at Hillcrest. Gypsies, but this is nothing new and in today's world, well, I get it I guess.

I hear the Hunt kid left CC for Northview? True? If so he should compliment Craig very well.

Neal was a Washington Local kid who went to SF, to Rogers, and now Hillcrest. Coleman started at MVCD, went to Rogers, and now at Hillcrest. Gypsies, but this is nothing new and in today's world, well, I get it I guess.

I hear the Hunt kid left CC for Northview? True? If so he should compliment Craig very well.
Yes and yes.

Sad to say it is. TCC will probably be an interesting case this year, losing him as well as the Carter kid and Clark to injuries. Very young team, but I could see them getting some success, just maybe not this year lol.

Very interested to see what Hunt does at Northview with him and Craig, hope that system works out.

Findlay returns 7 out of the top 8 guys from last year. Experience will not be a problem. Seems going into this 20-21 season there is no team that will be above everyone else?

Jumpers never stop jumping, it’s all they know. That’s why it’s alarming CCHS building their program with (2) sophomore jumpers. On top of that, now that Hunt has left, it leaves Chico Johnson as CCHS top player, his dad JJ went from SFS, CCHS to Rogers back in the mid 90’s.

Side note, local legend Jerry Easter has left 8th grade for Hillcrest Prep too.

I look forward to seeing Hillcrest play the Relentless or Nothing Institute Gorillas.....really that is a school name.

I think this year’s TRAC should be really interesting in terms of competition, as I could see anyone beating anyone, with the exception of whitmer, ross, maybe even clay or god forbid, Central.

This mostly depends on how Coach Floyd handles the loss of basically every starter of last year’s team. With a bunch of new transfers, and a solid young core slowly emerging, they really could prove to be a trap game for those who don’t take them seriously, or (more likely) put themselves into a transition year. I could see them beating Findlay, maybe even SJJ, but (definitely) SFS and (probably) Lima are going to be too tough to handle for such a young team. Excited for the season and what it will bring in terms of competition for NWO Basketball. Anyone have a front runner for the NLL?

Anyone have a front runner for the NLL?

My $$$ is on the Sylvania schools - Northview followed by Southview.

1605116039772.png

Looks like Toledo Public Schools will be pausing winter sports hoping to be able to start in January or February.

Serious question, outside of maybe the Craig kid at Northview are there any DI kids in the area? My God Toledo area basketball has fallen off of a cliff.

a more serious answer? I think Clark. Once coach let him loose, he did what he wanted against a much more experienced Lima Senior. He seems smart. Don't know his personality or work ethic but his skills seem on the level in B-Ball and possibly Football. Be interesting to see if he has anymore height in him.