NW Ohio Basketball

Ca
I would be very surprised if Grove wins this game. I think we have maybe won 4 games since 1974 in Convoy. I think the last time 2 times Grove won there was in 1986 and 2010.

Well...I'm very surprised. Grove was without 2 Senior 3 year starters but pulled it off tonight. Good job Grove great team win tonight!

Does anyone have the schedule/times for the Kewpee Classic at Lima Senior on Sunday, December 20th? So far I’ve seen Lima Senior vs, Shelby, Toledo St. Francis vs. Beavercreek, and Ashland vs. Lima Central Catholic.

Defiance continued its ownership of Bryan tonight with a 51-30 win. Tough home games next weekend for the Bulldogs as they open WBL play against Shawnee and then face Toledo St. John's for the first time in decades, probably. I see Defiance is 0-8 all time against St. John's. How are the Titans supposed to be this year? I forget where it was in the Blade's preview.

Defiance continued its ownership of Bryan tonight with a 51-30 win. Tough home games next weekend for the Bulldogs as they open WBL play against Shawnee and then face Toledo St. John's for the first time in decades, probably. I see Defiance is 0-8 all time against St. John's. How are the Titans supposed to be this year? I forget where it was in the Blade's preview.

St. Johns will be good in Northwest Ohio. They are not deep, but have 3 D1 football players who are solid basketball players. Defiance will struggle with them.

Good to see Jaedyn Mckinstry healthy.

Last edited:
St. Johns will be good in Northwest Ohio. They are not deep, but have 3 D1 football players who are solid basketball players. Defiance will struggle with them.

Good to see Jaedyn Mckinstry healthy.
No one in NWOhio looks like McKinstry. Good for him. You are correct, between him, Zsiros, and Lichtenberg the Titans should be solid, for NWOhio, this year.

I would be very surprised if Grove wins this game. I think we have maybe won 4 games since 1974 in Convoy. I think the last time 2 times Grove won there was in 1986 and 2010.
Grove won and Crestview played very out of sorts. Grove came much better prepared. The next night, Crestview handled a pretty good Fort Recovery team fairly easily. I'm a bit surprised that the boys weren't ready for a league game. But that happens from time to time. Congrats on the win. It'll be a very competitive league this year in the NWC.

11 slick litte move 5:35 2ndQ. Advantage of a high camera. Ball heading out of bounds in white's court, blue uses the hand away from the ref to push white out of bounds while grabbing the ball with his up court hand. Drives home and places a 3.

seemed like both issues were reserved for late in the game. I think TC was about 50% in Q4? And CC had a day dreamer in the backcourt towards the end but other than that, looked pretty good.

seemed like both issues were reserved for late in the game. I think TC was about 50% in Q4? And CC had a day dreamer in the backcourt towards the end but other than that, looked pretty good.

At one point maybe in the 3rd quarter I thought TC missed 5 of 6 foul shots, but this article says they shot real well from the foul line....13/14 in the last 2:30 and 16/21 for the game. I didn't notice the parade to the foul line. I'm losing it.....but at least I can admit it.

The balls thrown to the coach late in the game after it was determined (day dreamer) were not the turnovers I was thinking about. When TC went to the press they forced a couple turnovers in a row and I think 3 in 4 possessions along with a timeout called to save another turnover. TC had 6 turnovers vs 16 for CC.

I can only remember CC going high low on two possessions. Etzler got a bucket on one and fouled on the other. I would rather see that action then him standing at the 3 point line and not touching the ball for several possessions in a row. I saw him dominate at Flying to the Hoop and in the Regional two years ago when he was scoring on all three levels. Now it looks like they just use him as a jump shooter. He is a top 100 recruit and it seems like they forgot how to use him.

Last edited:
At one point maybe in the 3rd quarter I thought TC missed 5 of 6 foul shots, but this article says they shot real well from the foul line....13/14 in the last 2:30 and 16/21 for the game. I didn't notice the parade to the foul line. I'm losing it.....but at least I can admit it.

The balls thrown to the coach late in the game after it was determined (day dreamer) were not the turnovers I was thinking about. When TC went to the press they forced a couple turnovers in a row and I think 3 in 4 possessions along with a timeout called to save another turnover. TC had 6 turnovers vs 16 for CC.

I can only remember CC going high low on two possessions. Etzler got a bucket on one and fouled on the other. I would rather see that action then him standing at the 3 point line and not touching the ball for several possessions in a row. I saw him dominate at Flying to the Hoop and in the Regional two years ago when he was scoring on all three levels. Now it looks like they just use him as a jump shooter. He is a top 100 recruit and it seems like they forgot how to use him.

Hey hats off for these two programs for putting together this game after cancellations. It was a long trip for TC on a Tuesday night but that's what good programs do.

It was nearer the beginning of Q4 as I recall. TC missed 2 of 2, then 1 of 2. Probably stuck in minds. The foul fests at the end can get dreary, easy to miss they were making them. As for day dreamer, the way I remember the throw aways, they weren't pressed at all. CC brought it over the half court fairly unchallenged and the passes went right on by the teammate.

CC had come back within two scores as I recall fairly late, falling away between 2 and 1 minute remaining? The throw aways (not caught probably the better desciption) and the good foul shooting pretty much wrapped it up. We could use one of those charts they have on ESPN of score differential. This game was tight at least a bit past halfway of Q4 I'd bet.

Looked at the Fr roster for CC. They running out of Etzler's?

Last edited:
Grove won and Crestview played very out of sorts. Grove came much better prepared. The next night, Crestview handled a pretty good Fort Recovery team fairly easily. I'm a bit surprised that the boys weren't ready for a league game. But that happens from time to time. Congrats on the win. It'll be a very competitive league this year in the NWC.

Always an excuse.

cknights said:
Always an excuse.

You wanna quote the "excuse?" I'm not seeing any made.

Crestview out of sorts, weren't ready for a league game.

May or may not be true, but with him it's NEVER that maybe a team is, oh I don't know, just better than them.
oooookay. I think if someone says a team wasn't ready they're saying the other team was better but to each their own words I suppose.

Always an excuse.
What an idiotic post. Excuse? The team wasn't ready. Coach said so. Weren't prepared to play a sound Grove team. That's certainly not an excuse. That's saying, we weren't ready. Giving Grove props and you come on and act like that's an excuse? Haha! Know your area teams. Must not pay attention.

There is a positive behind COVID19. More out of league matchups between good teams outside the area that were not scheduled at the start of the season. Glass is half full attitude :).

Stritch is opening their season @ a strong program in Johnstown-Monroe today, also added Willard, Lexington and Clyde, but cancelled games vs St. Francis and Central.

Toledo Christian v Convoy Crestview and Ottoville, Lutheran East vs Central and St. Francis, Gahanna Lincoln vs St. Francis.....plus a ton of other matchups. Since I can't watch any games in person I just flip around from live stream to live stream. Have to love high school basketball.

Last edited:
Kalida off to a 7-0 start as Luke Erhart with back to back 26 point games in wins over LCC and Spencerville

Kalida, Ottoville, Antwerp, Toledo Christian, Crestview and Columbus Grove in tier one Div. IV in NW Ohio. Tiffin Calvert and Old Fort in Tier 1A.