NW District Updated RPI Rankings Thru 1.10--DIV

braygatron4

D4.1.PNG

D4.2.PNG

Marion Local, Fort Recovery, Minster, Hopewell-Loudon and Fremont St. Joseph fall more into that 11-15 range for me. Ottoville is def. a top 5 team, but yet I can't argue with any top 5 team. Good luck in NW Ohio this year. The team that makes it out of Regional play will be battled tested for sure. The Elida district could be as good as final four.

Marion Local, Fort Recovery, Minster, Hopewell-Loudon and Fremont St. Joseph fall more into that 11-15 range for me. Ottoville is def. a top 5 team, but yet I can't argue with any top 5 team. Good luck in NW Ohio this year. The team that makes it out of Regional play will be battled tested for sure. The Elida district could be as good as final four.
I still cant believe Lincolnview didn't get any votes in the latest AP poll. Their only loss is to Kalida by single digits.

I still cant believe Lincolnview didn't get any votes in the latest AP poll. Their only loss is to Kalida by single digits.

Steve Junga of the Toledo Blade didn't even vote for Antwerp. Of course he didn't vote for Berlin Hiland or Fort Loramie girls either. What a joke.

These guys don't care...or some care too much.

You'll have Tiffin Calvert, Old Fort, Fremont St. Joseph and Hopewell-Loudon all in the Liberty-Benton sectional. It would be the third time each of those teams could see each other and all the first two rounds will have been close. Good luck.

The fans really lose. The crowds/atmosphere for these tournament games in NW Ohio this year would have been out of the park crazy good.

Steve Junga of the Toledo Blade didn't even vote for Antwerp. Of course he didn't vote for Berlin Hiland or Fort Loramie girls either. What a joke.

These guys don't care...or some care too much.
It's funny looking at the AP poll then the Cleveland Plain Dealers poll beneath that and sometimes they are wildly different.

After tonight. You can see the difference with a healthy Clement on the floor. Tempo, pressing nice 32 point win over Spencerville. Big game tomorrow night as Kalida comes to Grove.

#5 Columbus Grove beats #2 Kalida 52-30 in just their second game this year at full strength. Spoiler alert: healthy Columbus Grove is still the #1 team in the state after being robbed of a state championship in 2020

BirdDog10, you need to go watch Richmond Heights videos from last year and this year. Couple years back they brought in an AAU coach and all of sudden players started coming in left and right. Don't judge their overall record. Look at their schedule and you'll understand why. Another created team. Crazy. They are tall, crazy athletic, when they aren't playing the Akron St. V& St. M of the world, their blowing out everyone else. If Grove would have gotten to the semi's, it's who they would have matched up with.

@braygatron4 I'm curious, what are you using for your weighted factors for WP, OPW and OOWP? NCAA uses 25%/50%/25%. KY High School uses 35%/35%/30%

Are you applying an additional factor for away wins/losses vs home wins/losses?

BirdDog10, you need to go watch Richmond Heights videos from last year and this year. Couple years back they brought in an AAU coach and all of sudden players started coming in left and right. Don't judge their overall record. Look at their schedule and you'll understand why. Another created team. Crazy. They are tall, crazy athletic, when they aren't playing the Akron St. V& St. M of the world, their blowing out everyone else. If Grove would have gotten to the semi's, it's who they would have matched up with.
Look at the state tournament results from the last 10 years, AAU teams don’t win state championships, especially not over teams like Grove right now or Crestview in 2014 and 2019 when you have the same group of kids playing together for years and making multiple regional runs together

Ask Crestview fans about them. Go watch the videos. I want Grove to play them, and beat them. I'm tired of these created teams.

Ask Crestview fans about them. Go watch the videos. I want Grove to play them, and beat them. I'm tired of these created teams.
That's why I was happy Cornerstone Christian lost to Marion Local in an all time D4 title game after Lincolnview fell to Cornerstone two years previously. These private small school teams coming out of nowhere ruin the game.

@braygatron4 I'm curious, what are you using for your weighted factors for WP, OPW and OOWP? NCAA uses 25%/50%/25%. KY High School uses 35%/35%/30%

Are you applying an additional factor for away wins/losses vs home wins/losses?

I’m using 35/35/25, with the last 5% being a little bit of joe Eitel splashed in there. Meaning get a tad more points for beating bigger schools. Such as, get more pts for beating a .500 D2 school than a .500 D4 school

That's why I was happy Cornerstone Christian lost to Marion Local in an all time D4 title game after Lincolnview fell to Cornerstone two years previously. These private small school teams coming out of nowhere ruin the game.
Sad part is Richmond Heights is a public school. Hire an AAU coach, new players start showing up each year so far. Hmmm?