Notre Dame

Dang, hard to believe the Buckeyes held this offensive juggernaut to ten points, very impressive

I legit think I could be a more accurate passer than Buchner.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
He shows flashes of being elite, but too inconsistent. Hartman is the easy choice for next yr. Hope Buchner does stay, he could have value in certain packages and get better prepared to start in ‘24.

Tyler Buchner is a bad man!
Bad In multiple ways. Accounting for 7 total TDs, only issue, 2 of them were for South Carolina. Rees also had a bipolar game. The final go ahead TD was brilliant, but they would’ve never been in that position if he’d just run the ball

The positives, aside from the win, ND has a legit Edge Rusher in Bothello. I don’t think that’s as pressing of a need as much as FS.

Buchner played well minus two glaring mistakes. First game since OSU and in a hostile environment. On one pick he tries to do too much and the DL makes a heckuva play and why Rees calls the bubble slant on goal is beyond me. That is a bang bang play and he did not see the backer underneath. I hope they stick with Buchner.

Buchner played well minus two glaring mistakes. First game since OSU and in a hostile environment. On one pick he tries to do too much and the DL makes a heckuva play and why Rees calls the bubble slant on goal is beyond me. That is a bang bang play and he did not see the backer underneath. I hope they stick with Buchner.
No, he didn’t play well. He played inconsistently. It’s time for Sam Hartman.

No, he didn’t play well. He played inconsistently. It’s time for Sam Hartman.
Did you play football? The kid came back after not playing for 4 months. In a bowl game against a quality opponent. He has talent and promise.

As for your infatuation for Hartman, I welcome him, but I hope they stick with Buchner for beyond that.

Did you play football? The kid came back after not playing for 4 months. In a bowl game against a quality opponent. He has talent and promise.

As for your infatuation for Hartman, I welcome him, but I hope they stick with Buchner for beyond that.
He threw 2 pick 6s and another bad Int. Those aren’t the result of rust, that’s bad decision making & inaccuracy. Too many peaks & valleys in his performance to feel comfortable with Buchner starting next yr.

That was a heck of a win yesterday. That’s essentially a road win over a Top 20 SEC team, while playing with a QB who had essentially only played two college football games, and also while missing Michael Mayer and Isaiah Foskey.

To give up two pick-sixes and a trick-play TD on a field goal try in a hostile environment and still have the poise to overcome all of that and grind out a win was impressive.

ND outgained SC by more than 200 yards and got their footing defensively as the game went along.

I’m very optimistic about where this program is headed. To go from a bleak offensive outlook in September to getting nine wins, including over Clemson, at UNC and a virtual road game at South Carolina yesterday shows the quality coaching job that took place. Importantly, there weren’t any no-shows in big games like used to happen from time to time in BK’s years.

Let’s get Sam Hartman into the fold, keep building, and next year could be a big one with both Ohio State and USC having to head to South Bend.

He threw 2 pick 6s and another bad Int. Those aren’t the result of rust, that’s bad decision making & inaccuracy. Too many peaks & valleys in his performance to feel comfortable with Buchner starting next yr.
We are not talking about a video game here. In his second start, after being out for four months, he led a win against a quality opponent in a tough environment.

I want Hartman too but any suggestion of anything else offends your OCD. Hartman will be a one and done, then what? Why throw away Buchner? I'd like to see him stick around as I believe he can apply for a medical redshirt this season and come in next season as a redshirt sophomore, play a season behind Hartman and then take the reigns. Win-win.

We are not talking about a video game here. In his second start, after being out for four months, he led a win against a quality opponent in a tough environment.

I want Hartman too but any suggestion of anything else offends your OCD. Hartman will be a one and done, then what? Why throw away Buchner? I'd like to see him stick around as I believe he can apply for a medical redshirt this season and come in next season as a redshirt sophomore, play a season behind Hartman and then take the reigns. Win-win.
Bc it’s stupid. He wasn’t a good passer before his injury. I would like Buchner to stay, but I doubt he does with Hartman coming in.

That was a heck of a win yesterday. That’s essentially a road win over a Top 20 SEC team, while playing with a QB who had essentially only played two college football games, and also while missing Michael Mayer and Isaiah Foskey.

To give up two pick-sixes and a trick-play TD on a field goal try in a hostile environment and still have the poise to overcome all of that and grind out a win was impressive.

ND outgained SC by more than 200 yards and got their footing defensively as the game went along.

I’m very optimistic about where this program is headed. To go from a bleak offensive outlook in September to getting nine wins, including over Clemson, at UNC and a virtual road game at South Carolina yesterday shows the quality coaching job that took place. Importantly, there weren’t any no-shows in big games like used to happen from time to time in BK’s years.

Let’s get Sam Hartman into the fold, keep building, and next year could be a big one with both Ohio State and USC having to head to South Bend.

Have fun 😂

That said, part of me is worried about Day bolting and Freeman being Ohio St’s top target. Freeman with no recruiting restrictions would kill it.

That said, part of me is worried about Day bolting and Freeman being Ohio St’s top target. Freeman with no recruiting restrictions would kill it.
Not sure OSU would go after Freeman. I would say he hasn't accomplished much yet but Ryan Day had never been a head coach

Not sure OSU would go after Freeman. I would say he hasn't accomplished much yet but Ryan Day had never been a head coach
I wouldn’t have thought so either, but with Fickell going to Wisconsin, I could see him being a top target if Day goes to the NFL.

Eh. I think he's a distant 3rd at the moment among theoretical former player/alum head coaching candidates for Ohio State.

If there's a crazy high buyout for Fickell I think they'd be all in on trying to get Vrabel, which I'd consider to be a package deal with him likely also bringing the Titans DC who was a GA at Ohio State and grew up in central Ohio.

Besides, there's a chance (que Lloyd Christmas) that Notre Dame has a big second year bump when Sam Hartman announces his transfer.

Outside of USC and Michigan, all of the other late season playoff picture teams will lose their starting QBs. That's a major leg up on the field.

Eh. I think he's a distant 3rd at the moment among theoretical former player/alum head coaching candidates for Ohio State.

If there's a crazy high buyout for Fickell I think they'd be all in on trying to get Vrabel, which I'd consider to be a package deal with him likely also bringing the Titans DC who was a GA at Ohio State and grew up in central Ohio.
Didn’t even think of Vrabel. Now would be a good time to get out of Tennessee

Would love Vrabel in a bizarro world where Ryan Day gets fired in the next year or so, but I just don’t see it ever happening. By all accounts the reason he made the jump to the NFL nearly a decade ago is because he absolutely loathed recruiting and the recruiting game is an even bigger mess than it was back then. Maybe going from 38 and a recent player to 47 and removed has softened his stance there but I get the feeling it hasn’t.

Enough about OSU: outside of Hartman coming in, Styles returning and the OL being it’s usual self what’s going on for ND’s offense next year? I assume all 3 of ND’s RBs will be back but is there a current freshman or recruit likely to jump any of them? Is the next great ND TE coming through the pipeline?

Aside from likely landing Hartman, ND isn’t getting it done in the Portal. Jahad Carter is going to OSU and they missed on Fiske from W.Michigan.

The interior DL and FS are huge issues going into next yr. Looking at what’s left in the Portal, they’re f’d at FS. Ramon Henderson is not the fluid, ball hawking athlete they need. He’s more of a big Nickel Corner.

Aside from likely landing Hartman, ND isn’t getting it done in the Portal. Jahad Carter is going to OSU and they missed on Fiske from W.Michigan.

The interior DL and FS are huge issues going into next yr. Looking at what’s left in the Portal, they’re f’d at FS. Ramon Henderson is not the fluid, ball hawking athlete they need. He’s more of a big Nickel Corner.
I’m guessing there will be another round of high level transfers in Portal Szn 2.0 in the spring as guys lose starting battles, players don’t mesh with new coaching staffs, etc.