Notre Dame

Imagine if this team had a legit Power 5 QB?

Golden’s D is very solid. Defense would be even better with a better offense.

Is there a Tommy Rees imposter in the booth? Play calling has been solid.

Dabo just mind f’d his QBs. Pulls DJ for Klubnik only to have Klubnik throw a pick two plays in and so he goes back to DJ. Big time confidence boosters. Lol

ND’s OL just obliterated Clemson’s DL full of 1st round picks. I agree with those who say Clemson is overrated, but they’ve still a top 10 team

ND’s OL just obliterated Clemson’s DL full of 1st round picks. I agree with those who say Clemson is overrated, but they’ve still a top 10 team
They haven't been a top 10 team all year beyond avoiding a loss. Should have had multiple losses by now, they have not been very good all year

They haven't been a top 10 team all year beyond avoiding a loss. Should have had multiple losses by now, they have not been very good all year
They’re going to win the ACC and end up in a NY6. They’ll finish in the Top 10.

They’re going to win the ACC and end up in a NY6. They’ll finish in the Top 10.
Again, being in the top 10 because of everyone losing compared to being a good top 10 team are 2 different things. Everyone in the top 10 plus would do the same to them as tonight

Dabo Swinney was spoiled with two once in a lifetime QB's in Watson and Lawrence. QB's like those two make you "right" even when you are wrong and they can make you believe, rightfully so, that it is always like this. Last year Clemson struggled offensively but they still had a solid D and finished a 10 win team. This year, with Venables gone, they have looked far worse. They no longer do the little things right. BS slogans like BYOG or "Bring Your Own Guts" do not win championships, well coached teams do. This Clemson team is still very talented, and not well coached.

As for ND dominance I think Rees has gotten better by default. The injury to Buchner forced him to rethink the Irish approach based on need and they became what they always should have been, a run first team. I think Stetson Bennett is better than Drew Pyne but Georgia has shown you do not need to have a 5 star QB to win a title. As always, play great D and special teams, run the football, and mix in timely passing.

Yesterday against Tennessee GA completed a 50 yard reception. Prior to that their longest all year was 37 yards and they ARE the best team in the country. It is not necessarily rocket science.

Last edited:
ND's victory last night was one of the most complete Irish victories I have seen in a long time. They played with some fire all game and were physical as F. Even under Kelly they would always play so inconsistent and never ran the ball like they did last night against a top team.

With all of that said, at games end they were all dancing and even Rees came out of the booth the yuck it up with Pyne. I think they even mentioned they are going to Disney World. Of course this all means they will lay an egg next week. Lol.

And to think, I was castigated on here last week when I said Michigan and Notre Dame have the best offensive lines in the Midwest.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Yesterday against Tennessee GA completed a 50 yard reception. Prior to that their longest all year was 37 yards and they ARE the best team in the country. It is not necessarily rocket science.
The only thing more weird than that, which like you, I learned yesterday, was that Bama's leading receiver is their RB? WTF!?

And to think, I was castigated on here last week when I said Michigan and Notre Dame have the best offensive lines in the Midwest.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Beating an average Clemson team doesn't validate your statement. You lost to Stanford. Clearly ND has improved, which is of course very good.

Beating an average Clemson team doesn't validate your statement. You lost to Stanford. Clearly ND has improved, which is of course very good.
Not an excuse to lose to Marshall or Stanford, but they have a new OL coach. There’s 3 potential 1st round picks on their OL, it took time for them to gel.