Mariemont at Indian Hill 7:00pm
Wyoming at Madeira 7:00pm

9/12
Oak Hills at Mason 7:00pm

9/14
Mason at Loveland - 7:00 p.m.

Predictions:
9/9
St. Ursula 3-1 Mercy McAuley. GCL is SUA's to lose.
Lakota West 4-0 Ursuline. Too much fire(bird)power.

9/10
Loveland 1-1 Milford. Crap field means a crap game, which is exactly what Milford wants in this one.

9/11
St. Ursula 2-2 Seton. Both teams remain undefeated in league play.
Mount Notre Dame 0-3 Beavercreek. MND beat Anderson. That will remain the highlight of their season to date.
Mariemont 0-3 Indian Hill. CHL dominance continues.
Wyoming 1-1 Madeira. I know absolutely nothing about this game.

9/12
Oak Hills 1-3 Mason. Mason bounces back from a head-scratching tie against Ursuline.

9/14
Mason 0-2 Loveland. Tigers finally get a signature win on home turf.

Ill play:

9/10
Loveland at Milford 7:00pm = Loveland 3-1

9/11
St. Ursula at Seton 7:00pm = St. Ursula 3-0
Mount Notre Dame at Beavercreek 7:00pm = Creek 1-0
Mariemont at Indian Hill 7:00pm = IH 3-0
Wyoming at Madeira 7:00pm = 1-1

9/12
Oak Hills at Mason 7:00pm = 1-1

9/14
Mason at Loveland - 7:00 p.m. = Loveland 2-1

Beavercreek 2, Mount Notre Dame 1
St. Ursula 1, Seton 0
Mercy McAuley 0, Ursuline Academy 0

Mercy Mcauley seems to be in a little skid. Ursuline is very well organized and defends well. They are going to be a tough opponent for some top dog in the tournament. St. Ursula is clicking on all cylinders as well.

Last edited:
St. Ursula 1, Seton 0

Mercy Mcauley seems to be in a little skid. Ursuline is very well organized and defends well. They are going to be a tough opponent for some top dog in the tournament. St. Ursula is clicking on all cylinders as well.
No GGCL pushovers this postseason.

By mid next week I hope we start to have a more clear picture on the SWO soccer scene, saw a lot of inconsistent results this first half of the season, feels like more questions as to whose really at the top than usual but what do I know.

No GGCL pushovers this postseason.

I would say SUA and MND have a shot at a deeper run, Seton and Ursuline will have a chance to to force an upset in any game, but MM doesn't feel like much of a threat this year.

Gmc matches last night. (That CCD and SCD looked like fun! 4-4!

Fairfield 9, Princeton 0
Colerain 7, Middletown 1
Lakota West 8, Hamilton 0
Mason 1, Oak Hills 0
Sycamore 2, Lakota East 1

St. Ursula 1, Seton 0

Mercy Mcauley has three key players injured that might be causing skid. Two set to return next week. One is one of their starting forwards and the other is the starting keeper. The other is a starting midfielder hat might be another week. Look for them to make up some ground over the next couple of weeks.

By mid next week I hope we start to have a more clear picture on the SWO soccer scene, saw a lot of inconsistent results this first half of the season, feels like more questions as to whose really at the top than usual but what do I know.

I would say SUA and MND have a shot at a deeper run, Seton and Ursuline will have a chance to to force an upset in any game, but MM doesn't feel like much of a threat this year.
Ursula is ahead talent wise. MND, Seton, MM all even and ursuline may be a step behind but not by much. I expect all four teams to make solid post season runs.

Seems like Lakota West is running up the scores on some teams
GMC Scores. Really? Most coaches try to keep it at 8-0 or under. Last year they scored 9 against Middletown which I thought was too much. Yes, I know it's 1 goal difference, but there is an unwritten honor code between coaches that 8-0 is enough. They are just LOADED this year, I think it looks like the coach pulls back the reins in some of the games. IMO.

Seems like Lakota West is running up the scores on some teams
Really? They've had four games in which they've scored 6 and another that they scored 8. From another thread, Bucky stated that 5 goals is too many. Here's that post:
Scoring more than five goals against a lesser opponent is unsportsmanlike behavior.
especially when you have teachers as coaches?
Remember you are setting an example for your school and currently an embarrassment.
Is more than 5 goals now the new standard in determining the recipients of the Craftsman Awards? Is 6 goals excessive? What about 8 goals? I've been critical of coaches scoring excessive goals in the past but I've usually directed that derision toward coaches scoring 12, 15, 19.....goals. IMHO scoring 5, 6, or even 8 goals does not seem excessive.

Bucky says this
Scoring more than five goals against a lesser opponent is unsportsmanlike behavior.
especially when you have teachers as coaches?
Remember you are setting an example for your school and currently an embarrassment.

Once you get to 5-0 you need to start backing off, especially when you know the other team is not going to score.
If you get to 10 you have flat out crossed the line and rubbed it in their face.
simple and plain old Ethics come into play.

Buck,
Most times in those games, it is pretty evident that one team is either not going to score, or will struggle to score. Where you are losing some credibility is putting an arbitrary number on what should or shouldn’t be done. Coaches with class (and there are some out there) see what is happening and will start making changes as early as 3 goals up. Playing a man down, or even two down, usually keeps things under control. Coaches spend too much time on phases of play to have their players stop playing the game. If they still score playing 9 v 11, so be it. I don’t believe its unsportsmanlike - just the opposite. I believe it says that we respect you and have prepared for you just like we prepared to play the defending state champs.
I’ve seen too many games where one team just stops playing “the game”, and plays keep away or puts unrealistic restrictions on their players to keep the score under some mythical number (no, there is not an unwritten code among coaches that 8 goals is that said number) - it becomes a mockery and in most cases, is more humiliating than a lopsided score. I would also venture to guess that most coaches (and players) would prefer a 0-10 result as opposed to 0-8 and having their team humiliated for 20 plus minutes.

Buck,
Most times in those games, it is pretty evident that one team is either not going to score, or will struggle to score. Where you are losing some credibility is putting an arbitrary number on what should or shouldn’t be done. Coaches with class (and there are some out there) see what is happening and will start making changes as early as 3 goals up. Playing a man down, or even two down, usually keeps things under control. Coaches spend too much time on phases of play to have their players stop playing the game. If they still score playing 9 v 11, so be it. I don’t believe its unsportsmanlike - just the opposite. I believe it says that we respect you and have prepared for you just like we prepared to play the defending state champs.
I’ve seen too many games where one team just stops playing “the game”, and plays keep away or puts unrealistic restrictions on their players to keep the score under some mythical number (no, there is not an unwritten code among coaches that 8 goals is that said number) - it becomes a mockery and in most cases, is more humiliating than a lopsided score. I would also venture to guess that most coaches (and players) would prefer a 0-10 result as opposed to 0-8 and having their team humiliated for 20 plus minutes.
Fluffer,
I agree with you. I think most coaches do see what is happening early. This is why feels 8-0 feels like stat padding when you leave starters in. I have seen it, done it, and experienced it when during a lopsided event the best players get subbed out or moved to a different position, I have no problem if the subs continue the trend. It allows both coaches to coach and player develop. But this isn’t the case when player A scores at 2 min and 78 min in an 8-0 game.

I think 9-0 is the unwritten rule, as you see most of the scores stop there. Some folks go to 10, but I think anything after 10 is a bit high. But your right, its embarrassing to just get the ball passed around you for 20 minutes in a possession clinic. Really no right or wrong answer what is best.

Don't coaches get mandated to sensitivity training at a 10+ goal win? I saw a really entertaining game go to 8-0 this past Saturday, and I've seen some really pathetic games at 5-1. I don't like when players start to play desperate in either case (looking to pad stats by taking stupid shots or committing dirty fouls to get the ball).