Nostalgia kick

arizonawildcat

Since we're going back in years to remember our childhood heroes, I thought of another one. Do you remember the first number you wore in Little League? Mine was 14, and I was overjoyed because my favorite Native American at that time wore the same number, Tito Francona.

You had numbers? We were lucky to get a t-shirt with a generic team name on the front.

I don't remember the number, but I do remember the team: Dodgers. And, then the Mets.

In high school, my freshman year was the first year we had a jv team. We wore blue jeans and white t-shirts. Once the games started, it didn't matter.

#8 on the Yankees. I thought the Yankees had the coolest uniforms with our bright yellow shirts. Extremely disappointing to find out the "other" yankees had old boring white uniforms with pinstripes.

Next year played for the orange Dodgers and then three years on the maroon Pirates.

Indians grey flannel but I can't recall the number. Had to be 1. Any other number would have been a wrap around. Football, can't remember. Do remember, step, step, slap pads, step, step, slap pads. Can't remember the chant.

I remeber the coach having different boxes by size with some new uniforms mixed in with the older faded ones and a goofy looking Indian. The starters got the new ones usually depending on size. I remeber being disappointed getting the old one even though I started "sometimes"....There was a good reason...my other spring sport was killing junk fish carp etc. in the creek behind my house and occasionally showed up to practiced reeking of fish death.

Yes, the previous year I had to do laps for showing up a minute late for a game with fish blood and guts on my uniform...smart coach!

We just had a shirt given to us and what ever number was on it was your number for that year..... I actually still have mine (I just don't throw things away) and the next time I come across it I will look to see the number..... if I was to guess it would be #4 ... I do know the team, The Falcons!

Since we're going back in years to remember our childhood heroes, I thought of another one. Do you remember the first number you wore in Little League? Mine was 14, and I was overjoyed because my favorite Native American at that time wore the same number, Tito Francona.
My whole baseball career.
Doc Golden, Dr K.

Minus the coke problem.

More of a Pepsi guy anyways

An interesting read...

Any Given Number (Who Wore It Best, From 00 To 99)
- published by Sports Illustrated -

51qVsKiPGLL._SX443_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I didn't care what ## I got as long it was PRIME!!!

:>---

I wore number 8. There was a direct correlation between the number and size of the shirt. Smaller kids got 1-5. Big kids got double digit numbers. We were Cloverleaf Restaurant- I thought it sounded fancy. When we had end of the season banquet at the restaurant much to my dismay it was a greasy spoon truck stop right off the turnpike.