Northwest Ohio Realignment

I'm hearing that Vanlue's AD is already working on an independent football schedule for next year. What a short-notice kick in the teeth. Don't these kinds of decisions usually give two or so years to unfold so it's not such a disaster to handle?

I'd love to see Elmwood come back to the NBC, but I don't know how realistic that option is.
Correct, has 10 months to find his games. However, as the paper said I think teams were tired of waiting days before kick off if they could field a team and have only 2 days to find a game.

Based on the article and rumblings about Vanlue, why in the world would the NWCC even want them.

There literally is no legit 8th option:
1. Ask an old member to come back Hardin Northen, Leipsic, North Baltimore, Cory-Rawson
2. LB was not kicked out, they "voluntarily" left, I have said from the start that I think they will be end up staying.
3. Tell Elmwood they are no longer welcome and roll with 6 members

There's options, if you squint hard enough. Just they all involve other moves happening or teams that the majority of the league probably wouldn't want.

1 Ada? I know they're happy in the NWC, but if football continues to struggle, would that change? They'd slide in and fit nicely.
2 Convince LB to stay.
3 Fostoria? They're bigger, but competitively would probably fit. If the NBC is willing to take LB, could be like a trade.
4 Bring back a Hardin Northern or North Baltimore. I'd say Cory-Rawson is done at this point, but with this league who honestly knows.
5 Hope the NWOAL blows up and Patrick Henry becomes available.

Those are the 5 that would take hail marys or other moving parts to happen. Not likely. Then there's the 6th option. No one would truly like it, but they did it once so who knows.....

6 LCC. Even if it's just a scheduling agreement for the late season bye weeks. They did it during the COVID year, and they're probably the closest to home option around that size to play weeks 6-10.

They've definitely got themselves backed into a corner, but there are options. There's just no easy solutions.

The framework is decent enough now that it should be enticing to some school with the top and the bottom gone from the league. It was still very foolish to let Leipsic get away.

McComb
Arlington
Elmwood
Van Buren
Riverdale
Arcadia
Pandora-Gilboa
??

As an option, but like I said, a Longshot. I'll admit I may have been better served not to mention it
I think things are more interesting in the OCC than meets the eye. Adding New Philly was a bit outside the box and now the pressure is on to add Dover now that Mt. Vernon is leaving.

As an option, but like I said, a Longshot. I'll admit I may have been better served not to mention it
OK, let me ask it this way. HAHAHAHA

Did you hear from someone in Madison or Lexington they have interest in the SBC or did you hear rumblings of someone in the SBC talking about it?

I think things are more interesting in the OCC than meets the eye. Adding New Philly was a bit outside the box and now the pressure is on to add Dover now that Mt. Vernon is leaving.
The idea of an 8th school created a blind vote for some and they accepted the idea of a single long league trip. This included Mt Vernon, Madison and Mansfield. Now those 3 have scheduled, made and experienced multiple trips in the first year of them joining. 1 no longer has interest and the other 2 have already seen and heard the issues they were warned about.

I'm hearing that Vanlue's AD is already working on an independent football schedule for next year. What a short-notice kick in the teeth. Don't these kinds of decisions usually give two or so years to unfold so it's not such a disaster to handle?
When a schools starts the season with 11 players I think that voids the need to give them a couple year notice.

I'd love to see Elmwood come back to the NBC, but I don't know how realistic that option is.
Adding Elmwood and LB would bring the NBC to 10 and basically guarantee every game of the year for all of them happens in Wood County or within 10 miles of a border...that's about as compact a rural conference can get.

Adding Elmwood and LB would bring the NBC to 10 and basically guarantee every game of the year for all of them happens in Wood County or within 10 miles of a border...that's about as compact a rural conference can get.
I think Elmwood to the NWOAL if Swanton would ever leave would be a good fit.

Correct, has 10 months to find his games. However, as the paper said I think teams were tired of waiting days before kick off if they could field a team and have only 2 days to find a game.

Based on the article and rumblings about Vanlue, why in the world would the NWCC even want them.

Why would a team schedule them independently if they are going to go through the same issues teams in their conference did?

The only exception I see is a team having an open week late in the year

There literally is no legit 8th option:
1. Ask an old member to come back Hardin Northen, Leipsic, North Baltimore, Cory-Rawson
2. LB was not kicked out, they "voluntarily" left, I have said from the start that I think they will be end up staying.
3. Tell Elmwood they are no longer welcome and roll with 6 members
I could have seen Leipsic coming back were it not for adding Elmwood. Their original rationale for leaving was enrollment discrepency and replacing Vanlue with Elmwood doesn't seem like an incentive.

Elmwood does offer full teams in JH volleyball, Basketball, JV and JH football which is one less game to find if you are Leipsic, especially in football.

OK, let me ask it this way. HAHAHAHA

Did you hear from someone in Madison or Lexington they have interest in the SBC or did you hear rumblings of someone in the SBC talking about it?
Like Deion, both! HA!

IMHO, Lex has better odds going MOAC way but that looks not to happen

Elmwood does offer full teams in JH volleyball, Basketball, JV and JH football which is one less game to find if you are Leipsic, especially in football.
One less game for what? The NWC has 8 football schools, every JV and JH program you mentioned, and better gate at all of their boys events. What does Leipsic gain by going back to the BVC? Especially now that revenue from hosting LB is gone and they didn’t want to be in a league with Elmwood in the first place

I think Elmwood to the NWOAL if Swanton would ever leave would be a good fit.
somebody had too much to drink to post this.......

1671633134004.png

I'm too lazy to look it up. How does their enrollment compare to the rest of the league with Maumee and Oak Harbor added in?

They aren't that far behind Genoa, Eastwood and Lake, are they? Fostoria's enrollment doesn't really matter, and Rossford's open enrollment policy hasn't done much for their athletic teams other than boys' basketball...and that trend probably ends after this year. I guess Maumee might become the bully on the block, but I think they will still lose kids to the parochial schools due to proximity and perceived competition levels.

I'm too lazy to look it up. How does their enrollment compare to the rest of the league with Maumee and Oak Harbor added in?

They aren't that far behind Genoa, Eastwood and Lake, are they? Fostoria's enrollment doesn't really matter, and Rossford's open enrollment policy hasn't done much for their athletic teams other than boys' basketball...and that trend probably ends after this year. I guess Maumee might become the bully on the block, but I think they will still lose kids to the parochial schools due to proximity and perceived competition levels.

Eastwood- 167 boys, 174 girls
Fostoria- 210, 197
Genoa- 160, 160
Lake- 179, 203
Otsego- 190, 199
Rossford- 235, 215

Maumee- 291, 265
Oak Harbor- 184, 185
Elmwood- 154, 139
Liberty Benton- 163, 203