Northwest Ohio Realignment

Experience hard to beat. Concerns there's lack of new young coaching?
Well, given the school, I'm not sure many would want to stick out their necks there. Plenty of quality coordinators who are fine biding their time at larger schools for similar money without have to deal with the stuff Stritch football does.

I'd be more worried about Cromwell's coaching style with the current generation than anything.

Well, given the school, I'm not sure many would want to stick out their necks there. Plenty of quality coordinators who are fine biding their time at larger schools for similar money without have to deal with the stuff Stritch football does.

I'd be more worried about Cromwell's coaching style with the current generation than anything.

What's that mean, what do they do?

Tri-County Conference and TAAC had a meeting about a potential merger today, via the Blade.

What's that mean, what do they do?
Nothing out of the ordinary, I was more referring to how tough it can be to field a team there in general. Their roster numbers have led the current trend by about 5 years...I remember a few years ago that they were potentially going to cause the TAAC teams to have to find another opponent a la the BVC this past year.

Nothing out of the ordinary, I was more referring to how tough it can be to field a team there in general. Their roster numbers have led the current trend by about 5 years...I remember a few years ago that they were potentially going to cause the TAAC teams to have to find another opponent a la the BVC this past year.

They should cut a deal with Central Catholic to field a team with the bottom 40 from CC's roster.

“The TAAC consists of Cardinal Stritch, Emmanuel Christian, Maumee Valley, Northwood, Ottawa Hills, and Toledo Christian. The league also has three football-only members: Montpelier, Edon, and Hilltop.”
TC fields 8-man football, EC and MV don’t have football.

“The TCC includes southeast Michigan schools Erie Mason, Whiteford, Sand Creek, Morenci, Summerfield, and Britton-Deerfield.”
Morenci and Britton-Deerfield both field 8-man football teams.

Honestly if they merged this would be a pretty competitive league, and the travel wouldn’t be too bad as most of these schools are like ~20-30 minutes. Toledo Christian gets some more 8-man schools (although I believe they’ve played the TCC schools before), and the TAAC gets more solid 11-man schools to play, including a very good Whiteford football team that’s made the state-semis multiple times in the past few years.

“The TAAC consists of Cardinal Stritch, Emmanuel Christian, Maumee Valley, Northwood, Ottawa Hills, and Toledo Christian. The league also has three football-only members: Montpelier, Edon, and Hilltop.”
TC fields 8-man football, EC and MV don’t have football.

“The TCC includes southeast Michigan schools Erie Mason, Whiteford, Sand Creek, Morenci, Summerfield, and Britton-Deerfield.”
Morenci and Britton-Deerfield both field 8-man football teams.

Honestly if they merged this would be a pretty competitive league, and the travel wouldn’t be too bad as most of these schools are like ~20-30 minutes. Toledo Christian gets some more 8-man schools (although I believe they’ve played the TCC schools before), and the TAAC gets more solid 11-man schools to play, including a very good Whiteford football team that’s made the state-semis multiple times in the past few years.
Thank you from another that doesn't choose to subscribe to that blah so also can't access the website.

Merger would involve all sports? I know this merges in Frog Leg, and close by lambertville's, Mason Jar and School House. I'm not sure what the others bring.

Thank you from another that doesn't choose to subscribe to that blah so also can't access the website.

Merger would involve all sports? I know this merges in Frog Leg, and close by lambertville's, Mason Jar and School House. I'm not sure what the others bring.
Mason Jar is a quality establishment...would also recommend Quimby's.

Seems like Swanton would be clamoring for an invite to this league. Central location overall and would be more competitive.
2022-07-01 (4).jpg

This map, and the general league dynamics, makes me wonder if the western TAAC teams are going to be a part of this whole thing.
TAAC 11-man: Northwood and Ottawa Hills. Western TAAC: Montpelier, Edon, and Hilltop.

TCC 11-man: Erie Mason, Whiteford, Sand Creek, and Summerfield

Without the Western TAAC they only have six 11-man schools. Certainly can be done but would be easier having 9 plus maybe North Central.

Long term it would be better for Edon, Hilltop, and North Central to join BBC mates Stryker and Holgate playing 8 man.

The Blade article offered up nothing on Rucker. Did he wind up as an assistant somewhere?

I supposed you can still run 12-trap in 8 man football. ? Iso, iso, iso, trap, iso, iso, iso, boot. In all honesty Cromwell will do just fine. The guy can coach and even adopted more modern principles before retiring from SF after the 2009 season.

The Blade article offered up nothing on Rucker. Did he wind up as an assistant somewhere?

I supposed you can still run 12-trap in 8 man football. ? Iso, iso, iso, trap, iso, iso, iso, boot. In all honesty Cromwell will do just fine. The guy can coach and even adopted more modern principles before retiring from SF after the 2009 season.
He's at Central now.

How old is Cromwell?

Also, does anyone use the Blade app? I know the e-edition always cost money to read but I thought the NewsSlide part with ads was free, I can't get into it now without it asking me to pay.