Northwest Ohio Realignment

Would bg and Napoleon be thinking about leaving if clay only was added and the nll called it good at that point? Adding two more schools forces the hand I think of Napoleon especially

Napoleon would have to be looking to leave there is just no way long term they will fit in a league with Perrysburg and AW. BG is not as small but it would seem in their best long term interest to also not be in a league with them.

b

yeah we might as well add Bowling Green & Napoleon to the NWOAL conversation l like before ! ... unless DHSDOG still thinks kenton drives are far more worth it than a 15-25 min drive down 24 to Wauseon or napoleon.....

Defiance has only won 3 or 4 games in football in the last 5 years, including both jv and varsity combined - within the last 4 years. i remember in the year 2016 (or) 17’ season where both freshman, jv, & varsity didn’t win a single game and went 0-30 in one season.. so i wouldn’t say adding them to the NWOAL wouldn’t be a bad idea.

plus, if Defiance does get added with Bowling Green and Napoleon, the NWOAL could be one of the best leagues in state for baseball.

It has nothing to do with drives. Why leave a stable league that isn't threatening to kick you out for a league that could fall apart at any point? I'd LOVE to play Bryan again. Wauseon is clearly closer and more convenient than 8/9 of the WBL. Even BG as a long trip is close to the same distance as our 2nd closest now. If we could find a full league up here with teams that wouldn't be looking for the next oppprtunity of course I'd be in. I've been on record saying the only WBL teams I'd truly miss playing are O-G (distance) and Van Wert (most played opponent). I was all in with the NLL idea.

But what happens when BG gets restless? When LC gets tired of losing at everything besides football? Lose those 2, that league is at 5. If Archbold decides they don't fit, it's 4.

I'm not leaving a stable league that we compete in a lot of sports in because a bunch of schools close to us need a temporary fix or because football sucks RIGHT NOW. That's cyclical. Right now we'd get our heads knocked in ANY league. But we're not THAT far removed from a 20 year period where we were the 2nd winningest program in the league. For the juniors and seniors, they're old enough to have memories of the tail end. The current group's fathers would have played on those teams. So we have great community support, great facilities, the athletes in the building who are consistently good at basketball and baseball, and a semi recent winning history. Jerry Buti isn't walking through that door again as a coach, but we're still a program that is one coach away from success again. Now we're supposed to go play city league teams week 4 and 5 and hope Archbold and Liberty Center don't decide to be around similar sized achools? Nah. It's NLL with Bryan, Wauseon, and Napoleon or stay in the WBL for me.

Last edited:
Napolean and BG are already heading to NWOAL.

The 3 Trac teams are the backfill. (Clay, Ross and Findlay)

Ross got in over Whitmer due Washington Local Schools switching to open enrollment.

Dont mean to be a know it all, but i have solid source lol
Nothing wrong with a know it all if it actually turns out that he knows it all. However, if you ever get 2 or 3 days to read this entire thread, you'll understand why we aren't ready to believe anything until it is actually announced by the NLL or whatever league we're talking about at the time.

A couple of questions for the experts on here. While Napoleon and BG have expressed their interest in the NWOAL, has either formally applied? Who is calling the shots at BG with both the principal and athletic director on their way out at the end of the school year?

With the NWOAL by-laws requiring at least a 75% positive vote to add a new member, where would Napoleon and BG get the votes given the current configuration? Swanton is more than ready to leave but they need their dance partners. There is a huge divide at Evergreen while Delta is more focused (and rightfully so) on getting their May levy passed. PH has an invite from the BVC but has no interest in abandoning the NWOAL unless their hand is forced.

A couple of questions for the experts on here. While Napoleon and BG have expressed their interest in the NWOAL, has either formally applied? Who is calling the shots at BG with both the principal and athletic director on their way out at the end of the school year?

With the NWOAL by-laws requiring at least a 75% positive vote to add a new member, where would Napoleon and BG get the votes given the current configuration? Swanton is more than ready to leave but they need their dance partners. There is a huge divide at Evergreen while Delta is more focused (and rightfully so) on getting their May levy passed. PH has an invite from the BVC but has no interest in abandoning the NWOAL unless their hand is forced.

Experts?

Archbold, Bryan, and Wauseon are all pushing for a combo of Napoleon/Defiance into the NWOAL. My sources who are very high in the know at Napoleon and Wauseon tell me the Cats are in for sure. Swanton is gone whether Evergreen and Delta join them or not. LC will stay. PH is the wildcard.

How long before the Sylvania schools and Springfield wish they had teamed up with BG Napoleon and Maumee and kicked PB and AW to the curb? In 10 years the gap in enrollment between PB/AW and Sylvania /Springfield is going to be as big as what is chasing BG/N/M out of the league now.

How long before the Sylvania schools and Springfield wish they had teamed up with BG Napoleon and Maumee and kicked PB and AW to the curb? In 10 years the gap in enrollment between PB/AW and Sylvania /Springfield is going to be as big as what is chasing BG/N/M out of the league now.

Judging by the Sylvania schools' performance in basketball and secondary sports, I think they're ok. Springfield is kind of the odd duck now though...no idea how they feel about all of this, but there really isn't another place for them with the advantage of driving 10-20 minutes to every school (obviously excluding the new schools). I could see them falling somewhere in the middle most years in the big sports, but the small sports/Country Club sports...they're going to be getting killed most years now.

AW is a weird one...I wouldn’t be shocked by them splitting up the HS with how geographically spread their district is (covers more land area than TPS) and how far apart new developments are. Theyve got a great setup right now on Finzel, but they don't have the land to accommodate size of schools they're going to need for the amount of students who will be coming through in a decade. A Waterville HS and a Whitehouse HS would probably work pretty damn well for them...but the cost of two buildings is prohibitive.

Perrysburg could do the same (the one on Roachton to accommodate the new developments and another in the old Town of Perrysburg to take care of what I'd consider the "old" PHS student area...but they've been clear that they're only doing one school from all of their district communication.

Archbold, Bryan, and Wauseon are all pushing for a combo of Napoleon/Defiance into the NWOAL. My sources who are very high in the know at Napoleon and Wauseon tell me the Cats are in for sure. Swanton is gone whether Evergreen and Delta join them or not. LC will stay. PH is the wildcard.
If Defiance, Napoleon and/or BG joins the NWOAL...would PH with their size would stay in that conference?

If Defiance, Napoleon and/or BG joins the NWOAL...would PH with their size would stay in that conference?

I'd be absolutely shocked.

I think the NWOAL is on a route to a 6-team conference, but one that I think would be pretty stable with Bryan, Defiance, Wauseon, Napoleon, Bowling Green, and Archbold

PH is a clear add for the BVC that would make sense for both, and I feel like LC would be a wildcard ad for either the NWOATAAC or NBC if/when Woodmore leaves (since something is up with Oak Harbor there).

I'd be absolutely shocked.

I think the NWOAL is on a route to a 6-team conference, but one that I think would be pretty stable with Bryan, Defiance, Wauseon, Napoleon, Bowling Green, and Archbold

PH is a clear add for the BVC that would make sense for both, and I feel like LC would be a wildcard ad for either the NWOATAAC or NBC if/when Woodmore leaves (since something is up with Oak Harbor there).

if LC decides to leave.. i feel like the GMC would be a better fit for them, rather than the NBC

if LC decides to leave.. i feel like the GMC would be a better fit for them, rather than the NBC

Yeah, that would make sense too...but do they have a spot available? I thought they had already gotten everything settled with Holgate being led out the door and Paulding re-joining.

Yeah, that would make sense too...but do they have a spot available? I thought they had already gotten everything settled with Holgate being led out the door and Paulding re-joining.

GMC has never shown interest in expanding past 8 and I doubt that changes. Paulding had been trying to back in for years. The only hope anyone looking at the GMC would have, barring a change of heart, is Antwerp to end up going the Holgate route.

LC would fit well in the NBC, but would also be the smallest school once Woodmore left. Then again, they'd be the smallest in a reformed NWOAL if PH left too.

Judging by the Sylvania schools' performance in basketball and secondary sports, I think they're ok. Springfield is kind of the odd duck now though...no idea how they feel about all of this, but there really isn't another place for them with the advantage of driving 10-20 minutes to every school (obviously excluding the new schools). I could see them falling somewhere in the middle most years in the big sports, but the small sports/Country Club sports...they're going to be getting killed most years now.

AW is a weird one...I wouldn’t be shocked by them splitting up the HS with how geographically spread their district is (covers more land area than TPS) and how far apart new developments are. Theyve got a great setup right now on Finzel, but they don't have the land to accommodate size of schools they're going to need for the amount of students who will be coming through in a decade. A Waterville HS and a Whitehouse HS would probably work pretty damn well for them...but the cost of two buildings is prohibitive.

Perrysburg could do the same (the one on Roachton to accommodate the new developments and another in the old Town of Perrysburg to take care of what I'd consider the "old" PHS student area...but they've been clear that they're only doing one school from all of their district communication.

i have said this before, but in days of tightening budgets, economy of scale is going to dictate that one school is more cost effective than two.

i have said this before, but in days of tightening budgets, economy of scale is going to dictate that one school is more cost effective than two.
Besides Clay, which is no brainer, My vote would be Fremont to the NLL...Size is middle of the pack, won’t come in and dominate
My other pick would be Findlay. Natural rivalry with Pburg. Good in country club sports.

Whitmer? No hard feelings...

Agree with both...and congrats on the district making the right decision this time around.

tell that to Olentangy.

It's a different economy out there. If Toledo's economy holds, the upper blue collar nd skilled trades will be living in Whitehouse with their young families. New schools spur development. Development spurs schools. There's a lot of chicken and egg. If the ones that make money off major developments want a new school, there will be a new school. I wouldn't rule out Monclova becoming the next school.

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that the earliest there MIGHT be an announcement for new NLL members is Friday but Clay is having a special BOE meeting on Thursday? They going to make a resolution that IF the NLL would happen to invite them, they accept?

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that the earliest there MIGHT be an announcement for new NLL members is Friday but Clay is having a special BOE meeting on Thursday? They going to make a resolution that IF the NLL would happen to invite them, they accept?
They had a school board member resign last month so their main order of business is to get that filled.

Sure it's the off season, but this thread has been first or second at the top of the forum list of topics whenever I log on, for almost a week now.

Sure it's the off season, but this thread has been first or second at the top of the forum list of topics whenever I log on, for almost a week now.
1C34EC98-A452-45F6-BE41-E3A437346B4E.gif

Sad thing is so much of this wouldn’t be needed if we removed the two TRAC schools from the NLL. Just kick out Perrysburg and AW, add Clay, FR and Findlay, and you’ve got a great league with lasting potential