Northwest Ohio Realignment

Who she? Is Slovak not coaching there anymore? And who did the asking?

edit: a quick google, when was this vote? Any possibility this is about keeping Slooten in a run-away game in order to get a 1000 th point? Was that one varsity player by chance Van Slooten? Don't know the kid but she's asking people to vote for "me" for player of the week on the social media. Is that "normal?" Possibly a personality conflict? Coach got to rise above that. Vote the coach 13th, lol but not the kid. At least get your petty's worth.
She only played about 2 minutes in the 2nd half. Got the points and went out.

NDA just beat them the other day using only 3 varsity players and 4 JV players. In the 2nd half it was the 2 freshman, 2 sophomores, and the 1 varsity player. Clay was overmatched, for sure. But they were also terribly coached.
You the authority on this? Clay has battled numbers problems for some time now. I believe they did not even have a freshman team for a year or two recently. I wonder if you switched rosters and kept coaches the same if the outcome would be different?

IF it was the Clay coach (Henneman-Delape) who voted Van Slooten 13th I'd say that is really petty but I'm sure she had her reason.

You the authority on this? Clay has battled numbers problems for some time now. I believe they did not even have a freshman team for a year or two recently. I wonder if you switched rosters and kept coaches the same if the outcome would be different?

IF it was the Clay coach (Henneman-Delape) who voted Van Slooten 13th I'd say that is really petty but I'm sure she had her reason.
Not sure how one becomes the authority on this or not. But the coach wasnt very engaged in the game, such as calling plays out or switching defenses. Its not a personal attack, but on Yappi we talk about games, strategy, and coaching all the time. Ive coached basketball for 12 years. But I havent coached football. Am I not allowed to comment on the coaching in a game since I havent coached before? Ive never played quarterback before either. So I cant talk about Brady then too.

If you look through the quote tweets of every BCSN "player of the week" tweet you'll see a lot of the "nominees" asking their friends to vote for them. Pretty normal, even though the entire competition is kind of an ego boost for the kids IMO.

you lost me at "look through....tweet"

I only saw it because I googled to see what the deal was and that came up. I was thinking it was a fund raiser thing or something. Thanks for the info.

She only played about 2 minutes in the 2nd half. Got the points and went out.

She had 40 points by 2 minutes into the 2nd half!?!? Wow, guess she is all that. Part of my google I watched some clips but didn't see anything out of the norm for a tall in HS ball. You know, catch, shoot, rebound because you're taller kind of stuff. Didn't find any ball-handling or team running. I suppose they won't have a competitive game until deep into the tourney? Maybe I can find u-tube

Not sure how one becomes the authority on this or not. But the coach wasnt very engaged in the game, such as calling plays out or switching defenses. Its not a personal attack, but on Yappi we talk about games, strategy, and coaching all the time. Ive coached basketball for 12 years. But I havent coached football. Am I not allowed to comment on the coaching in a game since I havent coached before? Ive never played quarterback before either. So I cant talk about Brady then too.

Very good. You're catching on to the rules. :D

Fairly don't you think, if you're going to say "terribly coached" it was probably better at that time to say why you thought so instead of waiting to be called out on the comment?

She had 40 points by 2 minutes into the 2nd half!?!? Wow, guess she is all that. Part of my google I watched some clips but didn't see anything out of the norm for a tall in HS ball. You know, catch, shoot, rebound because you're taller kind of stuff. Didn't find any ball-handling or team running. I suppose they won't have a competitive game until deep into the tourney? Maybe I can find u-tube
I had my doubts about her. But she has gotten better. She is too fast for the big girls and too big for the fast girls. She is very difficult to guard. She is a good dribbler and can run the offense if needed. She can play all 5 positions (not at the same level of skill), although she is best probably as a 3. Her outside shooting is somewhat weak.

Very good. You're catching on to the rules. :D

Fairly don't you think, if you're going to say "terribly coached" it was probably better at that time to say why you thought so instead of waiting to be called out on the comment?
Fair enough.

NDA just beat them the other day using only 3 varsity players and 4 JV players. In the 2nd half it was the 2 freshman, 2 sophomores, and the 1 varsity player. Clay was overmatched, for sure. But they were also terribly coached.

Yeah, they're rufffffffffffffff. She had no business doing that to Grace, she is one of the better basketball players we've had in the area all time, on the same level of Cooke, Howard, etc.

Losing by 60 to a JV team...although Galloway insisted on pressing into the 4th quarter, which is kind of a d*ck move too.

Yeah, they're rufffffffffffffff. She had no business doing that to Grace, she is one of the better basketball players we've had in the area all time, on the same level of Cooke, Howard, etc.

Losing by 60 to a JV team...although Galloway insisted on pressing into the 4th quarter, which is kind of a d*ck move too.
They were not pressing in the 4th quarter.

They were not pressing in the 4th quarter.

...that man was pushing the limits of 3/4 court if you ask me. Then again, that's kind of par for the course for NDA. I'm not holding it against him...they've got to work things out in game situations regardless of how trash their competition is. It's unfortunate that they have to deal with the competition level they do, because that likely is holding them back in the playoffs. Honestly, they'd probably benefit from going indy in girls basketball more than any school in any sport in the area.

Last year they had the POY voting problem in the TAAC and Strack called it out.

Right! the transfer. I can feel that one a bit more. You're a superior athlete and you transfer down, then maybe expecting to get the personal trophies shouldn't be an expectation... but you can't really take yourself out of the running I guess. No win really on that. JMHO

...that man was pushing the limits of 3/4 court if you ask me. Then again, that's kind of par for the course for NDA. I'm not holding it against him...they've got to work things out in game situations regardless of how trash their competition is. It's unfortunate that they have to deal with the competition level they do, because that likely is holding them back in the playoffs. Honestly, they'd probably benefit from going indy in girls basketball more than any school in any sport in the area.
I will use Clay as an example because someone said it was their coach who did this. I think officially no one really knows.

I believe this is Coach Henneman-Delape's first year (maybe second? - Covid-19) and she is trying to rebuild a program. She can only do what she can do with what she has at the moment. I asked it earlier, if you flipped coaches do you think the outcome would be much different? Galloway and ND have figured out the new "Catholic" model. When ND, with all of their talent over the years, gets out of the region and when talent becomes apples to apples they tend to struggle a bit. I honestly could not tell you if he is a good coach or not but I can tell you he out-talents 99% of the teams he faces just walking in the gym.

To your point, they should go independent.

So basically, from what you are saying, if a Catholic school gets good at a particular sport they should go independent for their sports? The only programs from the Catholic schools that have had consistent success are Central in football, Notre Dame in basketball, St. Ursula in volleyball, and St. Francis in hockey. The rest of all of their sports are decent, but definitely not dominant.

Back on Topic:

If the NWOAL/TAAC merger goes through, does Maumee follow Napoleon out the door into NWOAL 2.0? Otherwise, if Napoleon came in, I could see Archbold, Bryan, LC, Napoleon, PH, and Wauseon being a solid 6 team circuit at that point. But I know PH isn't going to stick around due to size, so at that point does Defiance come? As mentioned, they would be leaving a rock for a house of cards.

Back on Topic:

If the NWOAL/TAAC merger goes through, does Maumee follow Napoleon out the door into NWOAL 2.0? Otherwise, if Napoleon came in, I could see Archbold, Bryan, LC, Napoleon, PH, and Wauseon being a solid 6 team circuit at that point. But I know PH isn't going to stick around due to size, so at that point does Defiance come? As mentioned, they would be leaving a rock for a house of cards.

I think things will become a little clearer soon. Sounds like there's going to be a or get off the pot moment in the NWOAL soon.

So basically, from what you are saying, if a Catholic school gets good at a particular sport they should go independent for their sports? The only programs from the Catholic schools that have had consistent success are Central in football, Notre Dame in basketball, St. Ursula in volleyball, and St. Francis in hockey. The rest of all of their sports are decent, but definitely not dominant.

He's saying what everyone has been saying. If you've gotten so good and momentum so good, if you do not want to lose it, you better schedule it. The only reason to keep the conference affiliation is if the players want it for the rivalries' sake.

The AAU model has taken over. A few coaches and their supportive Admins have shown they prefer that win at all costs model to any social aspects of a conference based upon community schools. Embrace.

Back on Topic:

Are we sure LC would want to be in that league? Sure, they would be competitive in football and CC, but what about everything else?

St. Francis in swimming.

He's saying what everyone has been saying. If you've gotten so good and momentum so good, if you do not want to lose it, you better schedule it. The only reason to keep the conference affiliation is if the players want it for the rivalries' sake.

The AAU model has taken over. A few coaches and their supportive Admins have shown they prefer that win at all costs model to any social aspects of a conference based upon community schools. Embrace.

.....rossford....?????

Back on Topic:

Perrysburg and Northview soccer are fed by GTFC and Pacesetter. Those programs aren't just home grown. They are fed kids by the travel teams. AW also has a travel program. They should be independent too, right?

I think things will become a little clearer soon. Sounds like there's going to be a or get off the pot moment in the NWOAL soon.

Here is a scenario:

Woodmore to the SBC River

Liberty Center & PH to the NBC

Swanton, Evergreen, & Delta to their new league with Ottawa Hills & Northwood...the TAAC 2.0

Wauseon, Archbold, & Bryan will have to figure things out.

Everything is predicated on the Swanton-led initiative to start a new league. The future of northwest Ohio Football is in the hands of the Bulldog BOE.

Here is a scenario:

Swanton, Evergreen, & Delta to their new league with Ottawa Hills & Northwood...the TAAC 2.0

Everything is predicated on the Swanton-led initiative to start a new league. The future of northwest Ohio Football is in the hands of the Bulldog BOE.
It still baffles me why Swanton wants out of the NWOAL... They just beat us for the girls sectional in basketball, yet they claim they cannot compete anymore. The 3rd biggest school in the league and they want out. LOL. Did y'all see that cute powerpoint presented to the school board? LMFAO!!! Cry me a f'n river. Obviously, winning trophies in their conference carries more weight than winning at the state level in anything. What a bunch of cowards.

Here is a scenario:

i know it’s just a scenario.. but it’s one of the crappiest ones i’ve seen yet

It still baffles me why Swanton wants out of the NWOAL... They just beat us for the girls sectional in basketball, yet they claim they cannot compete anymore. The 3rd biggest school in the league and they want out. LOL. Did y'all see that cute powerpoint presented to the school board? LMFAO!!! Cry me a f'n river. Obviously, winning trophies in their conference carries more weight than winning at the state level in anything. What a bunch of cowards.

Average likes to play below average and continue to be average, at best....above average likes to play elite.

Coach Hansberger rolling in his grave. some darn good football then

Perrysburg and Northview soccer are fed by GTFC and Pacesetter. Those programs aren't just home grown. They are fed kids by the travel teams. AW also has a travel program. They should be independent too, right?

For one program? Not winning or in danger of winning regular state championships? Why are you trying to make orange juice out of apples? But yeah, if they feel they can get the type of competition they need, sure.

Football and basketball are always going to get more attention than the other sports, regardless how dominant a school might be in those other sports. I'm not quite sure why you're stretching so far to counter a point? Miss yoga class this week?