Northwest Ohio Realignment

I hope our little brother joins the WBL it would be fun to get a guaranteed victory every year like the good old days
1470DB64-280A-43EC-8DE6-47E4E1B54B90.gif

i think the Clark County schools enjoy playing in Plain City and Alder would probably be happy playing in a league with the Clark, Madison, and Greene County schools. the Champaign/Logan/Union County schools in the area would form a league.

I like Jonathan Alder as long as they don't hit a Columbus metro period of booming enrollment growth. Could care less if they are near the top of if not the best in nearly every sport. They are effectively an equal or better replacement to Tippecanoe without the Tipp arrogance and cockiness they made most of the CBC schools hate them.

Kenton would be outside the box and I actually wouldn't mind it if somebody left and the divisions were reorganized into geographic north and south.

LB enjoys being a very big fish in a very, very small pond
Yes they do but how long will the BVC be around? Plus LB only going to keep getting bigger while all the schools in BVC other than VB are going to keep getting smaller. Unlikely Vanlue will have football next year and CR may soon follow them.

With everyone thinking LB should switch leagues, Here is my counter argument
• the WBL is the only larger league within any reasonable distance - LB would become the smallest school in the league. What school has ever changed leagues to go from the biggest school to the smallest school? (My guess is no one ever, for a reason)
• In regards to the WBL, LB would get more travel, more losses and it would not put them in any better chance to win state titles, so again, what is their incentive?
• yes several BVC schools are losing enrollment in a way which might force them into 8 man football (looking at you CR and Vanlue) but this only helps LB as the league as a whole can schedule more non conference games
• speaking of the BVC, if they are in fact adding Elmwood that gives them 2 D5 schools, 2 D6 schools and the rest are D7. Small league wise it’s hard to get too much more of a grouping
• the size of LB is a bit misleading, while larger then the other school (not much more then VB) they are a solid D5 in football because of their competitive balance number. If they choose to slow down or eliminate open enrollement they would be a small D5 and in fact they played in D6 just a few years ago. They arnt a school knocking on the D4 door.
•at the end of the day the BVC produces some solid small school athletes that compete at the state level (I would argue a top 5 small school league in the state) and that is lead by LB, the league would be a shell of themselves if they left

i heard from a reliable source on what the new league would look like after the realignment: PossiblY the new NLL.

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
This seems more realistic than the proposed alignment in the TRAC thread

i heard from a reliable source on what the new league would look like after the realignment: PossiblY the new NLL.

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon

One more school in the smaller school tier.

What happens to a good school athletic school like Archbold in something like this?

Last edited:
One more school in the smaller school tier.

What happens to a good school athletic school like Archbold in something like this?
Archbold is at a decline in student enrollment in the last few years. Swanton, if anything leaves before archbold, especially cause of location and they have more student than archbold.

i don’t see the NWOAL becoming a league that we will only remember. 2 teams left the league (bryan & wauseon) so i assume two more would replace them. maybe OH or stricth???

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon
Remember that school boards have to vote on this. I heard that the old guard at defiance is very much against this citing “wbl tradition.”

I also heard that pburg is not onboard either.
This will not benefit pburg or Anthony Wayne. This was also being driven by Findlay. It will be interesting so see how much politics and community voices impact this.
I do also know that maumee MUCH prefers being in the NBC. They are holding out hoping that woodmore’s departure would open a spot for them.

If Perrysburg ever wants to go anywhere in the postseason in football, linking with Whitmer, Findlay, and Ross is something they have to do. The same with Anthony Wayne if they have enough potential growth in their district to grow into the lower end of D1 for football. The current construction of the NLL has many positives, but preparing a football team for the D1 playoffs is not one of them.

I think the WBL would just have 9 teams. I would be shocked if Lima Senior or LCC joined

I've been saying this on here for as many times as I can. As a Lima native and Senior High alum, the WBL will NEVER allow Lima Senior to compete for WBL titles / join the league. NEVER.

IF it were to happen, I will be going to church on Sunday AND Wednesday nights because the end is most definitely near.

If Perrysburg ever wants to go anywhere in the postseason in football, linking with Whitmer, Findlay, and Ross is something they have to do. The same with Anthony Wayne if they have enough potential growth in their district to grow into the lower end of D1 for football. The current construction of the NLL has many positives, but preparing a football team for the D1 playoffs is not one of them.

that’s what outta conference games are for?

that’s what outta conference games are for?
OOC games are only so much of the schedule, and you have to find teams willing to play you. also, you play you conference games closer to the playoffs so closer preparation. it can only hurt a team to go into the playoffs playing cupcake opponents the prior 3 weeks.

In 5 years Jonathan Alder will be an OCC size school and will likely want to stay around the Central District as much as possible. CBC is a stepping stone for them until they are large enough and have an opportunity to join the OCC. The only thing that would slow that down is a potential school split (highly unlikely since they recently built a new HS). That area is growing exponentially and still has quite a bit of land to develop.

In 5 years Jonathan Alder will be an OCC size school and will likely want to stay around the Central District as much as possible. CBC is a stepping stone for them until they are large enough and have an opportunity to join the OCC. The only thing that would slow that down is a potential school split (highly unlikely since they recently built a new HS). That area is growing exponentially and still has quite a bit of land to develop.

I imagine they will be in the OCC eventually, but I feel like I've been hearing about exponential growth for several years out there and it hasn't happened yet. I believe in the current enrollment count that London is bigger than Alder.

they need more housing developments in the area. but there is certainly room for more.

No, they will not be an OCC size school in five years. They are a looooong ways from the OCC. Growing area, yes, but there are many challenges to that development. And if you look at the demographics of the growth, it's younger people moving with younger children. The HS won't see that impact for quite a while. Remember, they are just a few kids from Division IV in football. Alder and London are within a few kids of each other from an athletic count number.

BIG SCHOOL:
Whitmer
Perrysburg
Findlay
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Fre. Ross
Springfield
O. Clay

SMALL SCHOOL:
Southview
Bowling Green
Defiance
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Wauseon

Disappointing that the Catholic schools won't be in. Central is a power in football. But other than that there is no clear dominant Catholic school in anything. SJJ has good basketball but is not absolutely dominant. St. Francis was winless a few years ago in football. AW and PBurg are dominant in girls soccer. Clay is the best girls soccer program in the TRAC. Very disappointing that all of the schools cannot get together. Also, why not include the Toledo City League? It's not a good look if all of the public schools in the area want to form a league but somehow want to avoid the inner city schools.