Northwest Ohio Realignment

OMG how will everyone EVER survive? ?
I know right?

Meanwhile the Blade writers can sit on Dempsey's lap for the 1 hour and 30 minute trip to Warren De La Salle.

Do you think they can afford charter busses or will they rent Washington Local yellows? Someone needs to call Delp.

My prediction if realignment was this year instead of next. Going forward the top 4 will be fun but the bottom 2 won’t enjoy it long in the Big NLL. Right now Ross would clearly rule the small NLL but going forward it should be pretty even entertaining football. In the NBC Eastwood should be good again this year and it looks like Elmwood is the favorite to challenge them in their last year in the NBC, I think 2-7 would be very competitive and hopefully it will be in the future.

NLL Big
Whitmer
Findlay
Perrysburg
Anthony Wayne
Northview
Springfield

NLL Small
Ross
Southview
Clay
Napoleon
BG

NBC
Eastwood
Genoa
Oak Harbor
Maumee
Rossford
Otsego
Lake
Fostoria
Otsego 6th???? Wow

Have you seen how many diamond intersections they have protecting the PBurg borders? Half the Whitmer fan base will be in BG, another quarter stuck at the bridge trying to navigate that nonsense in downtown Maumee. People will be lost. Pray for them.
Don't they have chauffeurs?

Otsego 6th???? Wow
On offense I know they lost their QB and RB along with their best WR and TE. Maybe they return a bunch up front but with a new coaching staff and a lot of new pieces they’ll likely finish 4th or 5th in the NBC this year. In next years league I would say about the same but no woodmore leaves a chance for 6th. They’ll be better than Lake and Fostoria.

Otsego 6th???? Wow
I may be off by a year, but Otsego is gradually on the decline. After this season it will be very bleak. Was surprised Lindke took the job if he knew the forecast. Gonna need some of that Central luck of the Irish, or maybe funnel some of those Mid City All Stars out to Tontogany.

I may be off by a year, but Otsego is gradually on the decline. After this season it will be very bleak. Was surprised Lindke took the job if he knew the forecast. Gonna need some of that Central luck of the Irish, or maybe funnel some of those Mid City All Stars out to Tontogany.

I think Rossford is on the same trend. I could see a future where Eastwood, Genoa, Oak Harbor and Maumee form the top half of the league while there's a clear separation between them and the rest in football. In basketball, sub Rossford for Genoa and I think you could see the same separation.

I think Rossford is on the same trend. I could see a future where Eastwood, Genoa, Oak Harbor and Maumee form the top half of the league while there's a clear separation between them and the rest in football. In basketball, sub Rossford for Genoa and I think you could see the same separation.

I don't think Genoa is going anywhere in basketball either. They have stud current 8th and 9th classes, with the Plantz kid headlining the freshmen class and Mollenhauer 8th grader. Actually wouldnt be surprised if they finished 2nd in the NBC this year on the hardwood based on what is returning.

Could Lindke be one and done and take the St Francis job? ?

Much more reasonable than assuming a long tenured stay at Otsego IMO.

I always assume the worst for Genoa hoops. Talent wise they have it, and usually do. They just always seem to find a way to not meet their potential. To have Bench and Plantz for their run, and never make a Regional in hoops is telling. And that was two coaches ago. A lot of question marks for them coming into the winter with not a lot of experience in their Head Coach. There is a reason the last name Vicars is getting said in Genoa again. They definitely have some talent stacked up in those classes. That rat can smell back to back talented classes all the way from West Sister Island.

Much more reasonable than assuming a long tenured stay at Otsego IMO.

I always assume the worst for Genoa hoops. Talent wise they have it, and usually do. They just always seem to find a way to not meet their potential. To have Bench and Plantz for their run, and never make a Regional in hoops is telling. And that was two coaches ago. A lot of question marks for them coming into the winter with not a lot of experience in their Head Coach. There is a reason the last name Vicars is getting said in Genoa again. They definitely have some talent stacked up in those classes. That rat can smell back to back talented classes all the way from West Sister Island.

Stritch was their kryptonite. Although, Genoa did everything but win against Stritch Plantz/Bench senior year. Hollifield just made an amazing play. Otherwise Genoa moves on and they are probably in the final four that year instead of Stritch.

As far as head coaching experience goes, the NBC isn't exactly busting at the seams in that area. 3 brand new 1st year coaches and a 2nd year coach this season. Genoa should be just fine. They can roll the ball out and will likely beat Lake, Woodmore, Fostoria, and Otsego.

Depends what he is after right?

Is he a teacher and is he in district at Otsego? If so, do you stay at Otsego and get paid with benefits and solid retirement or take a shot at making SF THE area Catholic school for football like it was under Cromwell? Five guys have tried since Cromwell and have only chipped away at Dempsey's stranglehold (no pun intended).

Thought Maumee showed they should be competitive this year, I don’t judge too much on a scrimmage. You never know who’s out and who’s getting what reps but Genoa won 14-7 in one running clock half. About what I expected, interesting to see Genoa switching from 5 wide to single wing on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
I know we never change the subject on this thread but are next year's NLL divisions for all sports?
I think they’re still figuring that out. They technically could just have one conference for basketball and baseball and play every team once but I doubt it.

There's an article in the Blade today about the Black Swamp magazine, although it mostly talks about Groll's background and not much about the actual magazine, maybe because only 32 of the 53 schools are in the Blade's coverage area. Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but there are 4 featured articles, 13 player features, and 53 team previews, 182 total pages.

T
Thought Maumee showed they should be competitive this year, I don’t judge too much on a scrimmage. You never know who’s out and who’s getting what reps but Genoa won 14-7 in one running clock half. About what I expected, interesting to see Genoa switching from 5 wide to single wing on a consistent basis.
i agree. I thought maumee played well.

I know we never change the subject on this thread but are next year's NLL divisions for all sports?

Football

Larger-school division: Anthony Wayne, Northview, Perrysburg, Springfield, Findlay, and Whitmer.

Smaller-school division: Bowling Green, Clay, Fremont Ross, Napoleon, and Southview.

For basketball it was stated that there would be 5 Larger and 6 Smaller schools. Guessing Springfield would go to small school for that. Not sure why they'd change it between football/basketball.

Here's the article https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/...-expanding-nll-in-2023-24/stories/20220404098

To add to the scrimmage reports

Whitmer 1s: 40
Perrysburg 1s: 6

SJJ 1s: 20
Springfield 1s: 13

Yep, Football, Baseball, and Basketball are the only ones based on enrollment at the moment from what I've heard. All others will be done by 'competition level' apparently.
I have not heard about the 'competition level' which is quite interesting. So Whitmer will be in the "small" division for a few sports?

Depends what he is after right?

Is he a teacher and is he in district at Otsego? If so, do you stay at Otsego and get paid with benefits and solid retirement or take a shot at making SF THE area Catholic school for football like it was under Cromwell? Five guys have tried since Cromwell and have only chipped away at Dempsey's stranglehold (no pun intended).
It said in The Blade he was joining the faculty at Otsego... Yeah, St. Francis has tried about every type of coach with those last 5 guys. This hire is so important especially with going to the Catholic league and how tough their schedule is going to be.

I have not heard about the 'competition level' which is quite interesting. So Whitmer will be in the "small" division for a few sports?
Thats a good thing. Whitmer and Fremont are very weak in girls soccer and would be absolutely smashed by AW, PBurg, and NV regularly. Size is one thing. Quality of the program is another.