Northwest Ohio Realignment

It seems those predicting the 7 smallest schools will leave the big schools and form their own league are merely projecting what they hope will happen. If the small schools are that unhappy, they could call it off and announce the new league now.

It seems those predicting the 7 smallest schools will leave the big schools and form their own league are merely projecting what they hope will happen. If the small schools are that unhappy, they could call it off and announce the new league now.
I've posted about that a few times, but I never predicted that it would happen. It was always just an idea since an odd numbered league is difficult to schedule football.

I've posted about that a few times, but I never predicted that it would happen. It was always just an idea since an odd numbered league is difficult to schedule football.
Yep....when you have to fill a week #7 game, the options are limited. You are a Clyde guy. I wonder about the long term viability of the SBC.

Tiffin has played Vermillion and Lexington as well as Mansfield which are an hour away. Given no other options if the SBC starts to implode, would they consider a "new" (sans the bigger schools) NLL? Maybe.

If those small schools decided to break off, they would have to create and form a whole new league. AW and Perrysburg are grandfathered in to the NLL forever. A lot of logistics with that.

If those small schools decided to break off, they would have to create and form a whole new league. AW and Perrysburg are grandfathered in to the NLL forever. A lot of logistics with that.
Correct, if the seven smallest went off and started a new league P'Burg and AW would still be members of the NLL.

I'm going with Genoa with a possible to Swanton only because they made the most noise about not being happy.
Genoa will be the smallest school in NBC with the new additions, one of which is neighbor and big rival. Can’t imagine them going anywhere to be even a smaller smallest.

Jerry!!! Jerry!!! Jerry!!!

The trend is becoming the rule. Can't seem to get out of their own way.

I learned a long time ago that no team is committed to one league forever. That is even more true in this era.
I don't even know why we have conferences anymore...how much do they really mean in today's world? Might as well just play independent games and get ready for tournament action or go to playing divisional games.

I know there was some speculation about that, but you could have just said it many posts ago.

Lima Sr. to any of the TCL schools will be about 1:15. Lima has been making that trip, and some of the City League have been traveling farther for football games. So not a bad deal at all.

With the TCL and NLL both with odd numbers that makes filling in those open weeks a lot easier for both leagues. It makes a lot of sense.

It would be interesting to hear how this came about.
but that wasnt what I was getting at many posts ago. there is a league shakeup coming due to one school that has been entrenched in their league looking to bail. as LimaJock said, unless they get cold feet, it'll mark another round of shufflin

but that wasnt what I was getting at many posts ago. there is a league shakeup coming due to one school that has been entrenched in their league looking to bail. as LimaJock said, unless they get cold feet, it'll mark another round of shufflin
based on what you know, when do you think this info would become public?

Jerry!!! Jerry!!! Jerry!!!

The trend is becoming the rule. Can't seem to get out of their own way.

Hockey coach is probably mad he’ll still have to play the privates post-departure.

I don't even know why we have conferences anymore...how much do they really mean in today's world? Might as well just play independent games and get ready for tournament action or go to playing divisional games.
Ease of scheduling. Its way harder to schedule a whole season of games as an independent. In a conference you have 50%-75% of your games already on the docket.

And I thought it took me a long time to make a decision.
well it would be public before it would be voted on. So I guess a month or two before a vote would take place it should be more officially out. Which means, we should have an idea by now if its in May.

Someone mentioned Otsego which might fit the bill of a school entrenched looking to make a move. Where would they go? What ripples would that cause.

Better yet, for the folks who seem to know, how many leagues would this yet to be revealed league change affect?

well it would be public before it would be voted on. So I guess a month or two before a vote would take place it should be more officially out. Which means, we should have an idea by now if its in May.

Someone mentioned Otsego which might fit the bill of a school entrenched looking to make a move. Where would they go? What ripples would that cause.

Better yet, for the folks who seem to know, how many leagues would this yet to be revealed league change affect?
Months ago I heard rumbles from Otsego about the NWOAL.

Otsego's farthest trip in the new NBC is 46 minutes to Oak Harbor.

They'd have the same travel time to get to Archbold, a longer trip to Bryan, and add Delta and PH to their schedule after dropping Woodmore and Elmwood.

Elmwood should have stayed in the NBC, Maumee should have stayed in the NLL.

From Jordan Strack Twitter:
Just got word that Matt Dzierwa has stepped down as the Head Football Coach at Otsego High School. He’s led the Knights to a 21-2 record the last 2 years.

FWIW

From Jordan Strack Twitter:
Just got word that Matt Dzierwa has stepped down as the Head Football Coach at Otsego High School. He’s led the Knights to a 21-2 record the last 2 years.

FWIW
He's been the HC for 9 years. His younger son, the QB, graduates this year. He had some health issues, and I have no idea if that is part of the equation.

Good guy, and has been good for Otsego.

He's been the HC for 9 years. His younger son, the QB, graduates this year. He had some health issues, and I have no idea if that is part of the equation.

Good guy, and has been good for Otsego.

Losing him and Bottsdorff in consecutive years...hard to replace experienced coaches.

Read the first letter in each line. First letter in the First 3 lines

A
D
A