Northwest Ohio Playoff thread

End of the 1st. Whitmer recovered a muff punt and kicked a FG. Coffman took the next kickoff and marched down to score.
Whitmer 3
Coffman 14

Coffman returns the opening kick back for a TD

7-0 Coffman

This is an ugly one...Whitmer cant do a thing on offense, defense has been on the field most of the game and let a couple of big plays out with their gas meter almost to empty.

Not so fast! Whitmer with back-to-back on side kicks LOL. Wow. tune in for the 4th Q for sure 28-17.

Tangy up 31-21 on AW with 5 min left. Other Olentangies both lose, Tangy going to be the only team left.

What happened with Norwalk? I looked at the score and saw they were down 21-0 and they ended up losing by 16. They beat Sandusky convincingly earlier in the season. I was expecting Norwalk to make it out of Region 10.

What happened with Norwalk? I looked at the score and saw they were down 21-0 and they ended up losing by 16. They beat Sandusky convincingly earlier in the season. I was expecting Norwalk to make it out of Region 10.

Sandusky showed up to play and dominated Norwalk in every category. They had to of had 2 to 1 time of possession and close to 350 yards rushing as a team. Sandusky’s sophomore QB is settling in and they made a few tweaks upfront that seem to have paid off.

Sandusky looked like the team who wanted it more. Norwalk looked like the team who was too busy reading all the press clippings. That fake punt was the best I’ve ever seen!

What happened in the St. Johns/Central game? My updates were showing 7-6 in the 4th then all of a sudden its 28-6?

Also all the cheapshots by Norwalk at the end of the game was straight trash. Myles Garrett would be proud.... But thats how parts of their season went when things didn’t go their way.

Cavaliers will have running clock against Streaks...LC is too physical for Streaks and will win easier this time around.
Sure Anna will be favored and rightfully so....but curious.....How they gonna lose next week? ???

Not to shock anyone but Trotwood is fast and takes great angles to the ball on defense.

1. When they played earlier, Sandusky was getting acclimated to Franklin, a new sophomore quarterback. 2. Franklin, the coach wisely used his three good backs (Stewart, Williams, and Henry) in the backfield, with the kid (Henry) who had taken quarterback position after the first one went down earlier, taking some snaps. Henry is a threat in his own right. 3. Franklin (the sophomore quarterback who came after Henry was injured before the Norwalk game, has come into his own, even doing some fine running. 4. Sandusky finally stopped being like the Browns with its knack for penalties. Nothing happened to Norwalk. They were still an awesome team.

Cavaliers will have running clock against Streaks...LC is too physical for Streaks and will win easier this time around.
Sure Anna will be favored and rightfully so....but curious.....How they gonna lose next week? ???
I learned after the last 3 weeks to never doubt the Bluestreaks again...monumental task this week but they will probably find a way to win.

Regional final thoughts.

Central continues tough D and runs the ball to win by 7 or less.

Mansfield over Sandusky

Clyde continues their run from the 8 seed spot.

Oak Harbor in a battle (coin flip)

Anna ends Archbold’s run in a convincing fashion.

Leipsic gets past PH

Last night was the best I've seen PH play in years. They are finally healthy minus a lineman (Escalante) RB Morrow is a load at 200lbs. QB Rhamy is strong as a horse...and is the starting nosegaurd. WR Holloway has good size, good speed and Krauss like hands...yep. I said it.

That being said, I know Leipsic is a better team than St Paul. PH-Leipsic is gonna be a heated game. Leipsic coach is from PH and actually left the Vikings to coach PH for two years and went back to Leipsic. Schools are only a few miles apart and many families span the districts.

PH has a ton of motivation and a ton of confidence. This team could easily be 11-1 with 1 pt losses to Archbold (minus Morrow 2nd half) and Wauseon.

Last night was the best I've seen PH play in years. They are finally healthy minus a lineman (Escalante) RB Morrow is a load at 200lbs. QB Rhamy is strong as a horse...and is the starting nosegaurd. WR Holloway has good size, good speed and Krauss like hands...yep. I said it.

That being said, I know Leipsic is a better team than St Paul. PH-Leipsic is gonna be a heated game. Leipsic coach is from PH and actually left the Vikings to coach PH for two years and went back to Leipsic. Schools are only a few miles apart and many families span the districts.

PH has a ton of motivation and a ton of confidence. This team could easily be 11-1 with 1 pt losses to Archbold (minus Morrow 2nd half) and Wauseon.

This will be a great game. I want to make it but I feel the neutral site will be at Defiance and that is quite a drive. They have some common opponents, but that doesn’t really help out. PH beat Grove by 12, Leipsic beat Grove by 14. PH beat Arlington by 12, Leipsic beat Arlington by 23. Leipsic’s only loss was to Liberty Benton who had athletes that Leipsic couldn’t contain. Patrick Henry is very similar to Liberty Benton. I feel Patrick Henry will pull out the win.

Where to go freeze on the weekend? Is someone going to list the games and sites in this corner of state? Preferably on a google map with driving distance and bathroom stops notated. Concession menus would be a bonus.

Dublin has to go to London for their next round. Probably just as well Whitmer lost to them.

Edited to hide evidence

Friday
1 Toledo Central Catholic (12-0) vs. 6 Lewis Center Olentangy (7-5) at Tiffin Columbian Frost-Kalnow Stadium
5 Sandusky (9-3) vs. 2 Mansfield Senior (11-1) at Clyde Stadium
5 Anna (11-1) vs. 3 Archbold (11-1) at Lima Senior Spartan Stadium

Sat
8 Clyde (8-4) vs. 6 Ottawa-Glandorf (9-3) at Findlay Donnell Stadium
1 Oak Harbor (12-0) vs. 2 Orrville (11-1) at Elyria Mercy Field at Ely Stadium
1 Leipsic (11-1) vs. 3 Hamler Patrick Henry (9-3) at Defiance Fred Brown Athletic Complex
8 New Bremen (9-3) vs. 2 Maria Stein Marion Local (10-2) at Wapakoneta Harmon Field

I get all the reasonably NW Ohio?

Last edited:
Central Catholic over Olentangy 24-14...Think the Central D gets the Irish to week 14.
Sandusky over Mansfield Senior 35-24
Anna over Archbold 42-21

Ottawa-Glandorf over Clyde 21-17? Tough to call but I’ll go with OG
Oak Harbor over Orville 42-41... might be the most entertaining game in the state if both teams deliver their A games.
Patrick Henry over Leipsic 28-23 I think the Patriots keep it rolling in a close one.
Marion Local based on history alone

Regional final thoughts.

Central continues tough D and runs the ball to win by 7 or less.

Mansfield over Sandusky

Clyde continues their run from the 8 seed spot.

Oak Harbor in a battle (coin flip)

Anna ends Archbold’s run in a convincing fashion.

Leipsic gets past PH

Central appeared to dominate their game more than expected.

Read that Sandusky lost their RB in the first half but still battled to take the game to OT.

Anna is the real deal

I don't think there were any real expections for such an inter-divisional game like CCHS - Olentangy. Everything before was either sportsmanship or gamesmanship.

A young Olentangy, depleted by creation of a new school district or a CCHS losing LBs left and right playing against a very capable passing game.

The strength advantages of CCHS along the lines and at the RB position looked apparent to me from the stands, early in the game. But what, three 15 and one ten yerd penalty? Olentangy did great making the second half a game. But the refs did miss that goal-line call badly. At the game, too far to have an opinion but watching the game on replay it would have seemed an easy call. Tough job. CCHS fans booed early but I didn't see any of those paranoid me type calls. Either correct or missed legitimately, in MY opinion.

I thought CCHS's biggest impression was the smart running. The RBs don't just crash and dash. They're patient. They didn't weave in the back field trying to escape, losing more and more ground. They respected the others teams athleticism and they relied on their team mates to make the holes.

Friday
No. 6 Cincinnati La Salle (11-2) vs. No. 2 Toledo Central Catholic (13-0) at Sidney Memorial Stadium

Sat
No. 1 Cincinnati Wyoming (13-0) vs. Clyde (9-4) at Marysville Impact Stadium
No. 1 Kirtland (13-0) vs. No. 3 Oak Harbor (13-0) at Strongsville Pat Catans Stadium
No. 1 Maria Stein Marion Local (11-2) vs. No. 10 Hamler Patrick Henry (10-3) at Lima Senior Spartan Stadium
Thanks ober

Last edited:
I like our representation.
DI was a very long shot.
D2 as expected and now playing a game many had wanted for a long time.
Sandusky almost snuck in in D3.
An 8th seed in D4 Clyde! Playing last year's champ.
D5-1st seed Oak Harbor beating last year's D5 winner (and Eastwood left wondering "what-if") and now playing last year's D6 winner.
D6, I don't know if Anna thinks of themselves as NW Ohio but they certainly are worth a look.
D7 PH playing last year's semi-finalist in D6.