Northwest Ohio Playoff thread

NDHater

Who are some teams you've seen play live that could/will make some noise this year in the playoffs? The usual suspects TCC , NWOAL always has 3-4 makin it in and a tough out, Eastwood, Oak Harbor, Northwood, Whitmer, Perrysburg, Anthony Wayne (possible regional final with TCC would be awesome), St Johns, ST Francis, D6 region 23 is loaded as well as D7 region 26.

Let hear your thoughts and predictions !

Oak Harbor looked impressive. Big, strong line and great skill position players.

Saw Archbold and Wauseon in scrimmages. Archbold looked very good, Wauseon did not. I have to guess the Indians either got things figured out before the season started or were missing some guys the night I saw them.

Northwood is an interesting one. They have some serious talent at the skill positions, but haven't been tested all year.

I thought I read that PH has some injury problems.

Liberty Center and Eastwood have so much institutional experience that it's not hard to see them making runs.

Rayford out for the year is being reported for injury ..... anyone from Eastwood have anything ?

Last edited:
Hearing from multiple sources that he is out for the year but it's not injury it's code of school conduct.... Could be rumors but we will see if he's toting the rock tonight.

So it looks like for the first time since its inception the TRAC will get 4 teams into the playoffs (CC, Whitmer, SJ, SF).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Oak Harbor can do. I just think this is one of those special groups.

So it looks like for the first time since its inception the TRAC will get 4 teams into the playoffs (CC, Whitmer, SJ, SF).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Oak Harbor can do. I just think this is one of those special groups.

I was really looking forward to a potential Eastwood-Oak Harbor matchup down the road. Hopefully the rumors about Rayford are just a bit of gamesmanship between guys that work together/know each other.

I was really looking forward to a potential Eastwood-Oak Harbor matchup down the road. Hopefully the rumors about Rayford are just a bit of gamesmanship between guys that work together/know each other.
Agree. Thought it would be one of the best 2nd rd games in the state, but Orrville dropping to #2 in R18 means Oak Harbor-Eastwood wouldn't be until Regional Finals. Those 2 going for a trip to state would really be something special. (ignoring fact that the winner would probably get Kirtland in semis .....)

If he is out for one reason or another, just a reminder about how many things need to align for teams to win it all. Injury here, school issue there, bad weather, officials . . . either it all has to line up or a team needs to have enough depth to rise above it.

Oak Harbor will go as far until they run into Orrville. Its amazing the Parks kid only has offers from UT and Cincy so far.

I really really wish they would put the TCC-AW game at the Glass Bowl. Would be something special.

Oak Harbor will go as far until they run into Orrville. Its amazing the Parks kid only has offers from UT and Cincy so far.

I really really wish they would put the TCC-AW game at the Glass Bowl. Would be something special.
Don't sleep on Westerville South and not certain this Central Catholic team has the 'it' factor. Things might line up where the Irish have to play SFS and SJJ again and with teenage kids you never know. The weather might benefit the Irish in a few weeks against SJJ, hopefully we'll get a chance to find out.

Gibsonburg and Northwood both miss out on week 11 after going 10-0.... How good are region's 18 and 23?... Both Northwood and Gibsonburg had enough points to finish 8th in D1 region 2....
Great year for both teams.

Week 11:
Whitmer vs Northmont
Perrysburg at Coffman
TCC vs St Francis
Anthony Wayne vs Olentangy Berlin
St Johns vs Westerville South
Wauseon vs Clyde
Oak Harbor vs Beachwood
Eastwood vs Liberty Benton
Liberty Center vs Allen East
Archbold vs Coldwater
Leipsic vs Mohawk
NSP vs Edon
Patrick Henry vs Arlington
McComb vs Edgerton

Let me know if i missed any... Im sure I did.

Some games that stick out to me:

TCC vs St Francis play for the IrishKnight in the regular season but play to go to week 12 this week..... Irish won 20-0 a few weeks ago.
Eastwood vs Liberty Benton with Rayford out makes me think LB has an advantage and LB is on a roll right now.
Archbold vs Coldwater.... MAC football .....
Leipsic vs Mohawk - Mohawk gets in at 6-4 while Gibsonburg is out at 10-0 in the same conference. Leipsic takes this one big.

Good luck to everyone next week and congrats on making it to the post season!

Last edited:
Don't sleep on Westerville South and not certain this Central Catholic team has the 'it' factor. Things might line up where the Irish have to play SFS and SJJ again and with teenage kids you never know. The weather might benefit the Irish in a few weeks against SJJ, hopefully we'll get a chance to find out.
Central has great defense as usual and runs the ball really well... I think they make another deep run and an TCC vs AW regional final would be a great game if they can both get there.

Leipsic is the 1 seed and Mohawk is the 8 seed. Last year, Mohawk was undefeated and 1 seed and played Leipsic first round. Leipsic won that game in dominating fashion. Will Mohawk get revenge?

Bear in mind, Bellevue is still in the hunt with University School playing East Tech, and US is the heavy favorite. Should this happen, Bellevue gets in over Clear Fork. Also, if Pollinetz beats Thurgood Marshall, Clyde won't get those points, and Bellevue can jump Clyde for 7th seed

Norwalk will host Glenville.

Bear in mind, Bellevue is still in the hunt with University School playing East Tech, and US is the heavy favorite. Should this happen, Bellevue gets in over Clear Fork. Also, if Pollinetz beats Thurgood Marshall, Clyde won't get those points, and Bellevue can jump Clyde for 7th seed

Norwalk will host Glenville.

Who gets to beat Wauseon?

Gibsonburg and Northwood both miss out on week 11 after going 10-0.... How good are region's 18 and 23?... Both Northwood and Gibsonburg had enough points to finish 8th in D1 region 2....
Great year for both teams.

Week 11:
Whitmer vs Northmont
Perrysburg at Coffman
TCC vs St Francis
Anthony Wayne vs Olentangy Berlin
St Johns vs Westerville South
Wauseon vs Clyde
Oak Harbor vs Beachwood
Eastwood vs Liberty Benton
Liberty Center vs Allen East
Archbold vs Coldwater
Leipsic vs Mohawk
NSP vs Edon
Patrick Henry vs Arlington
McComb vs Edgerton

Let me know if i missed any... Im sure I did.

Some games that stick out to me:

TCC vs St Francis play for the IrishKnight in the regular season but play to go to week 12 this week..... Irish won 20-0 a few weeks ago.
Eastwood vs Liberty Benton with Rayford out makes me think LB has an advantage and LB is on a roll right now.
Archbold vs Coldwater.... MAC football .....
Leipsic vs Mohawk - Mohawk gets in at 6-4 while Gibsonburg is out at 10-0 in the same conference. Leipsic takes this one big.

Good luck to everyone next week and congrats on making it to the post season!
It looks like (per Joe Eitel's website) that McComb and Patrick Henry are tied for 3rd. Does anyone know who has more 3rd level points?

It looks like (per Joe Eitel's website) that McComb and Patrick Henry are tied for 3rd. Does anyone know who has more 3rd level points?
If I did it correctly, PH has 344 pts and McComb has 313.5. Ph plays Arlington and McComb plays Edgerton.

If things go hoyle in region 7, it could have a very local flavor. What would be a good neutral site for CCHS vs SJJ? Even better, what high school could take on an AW vs CCHS regional final on a good weather night? Has UT ever hosted?

UT hosted years ago. Cannot tell you the last time (Late 80's?).

For SJ I'd think Perrysburg? Maybe Lake? SJ fan base is extremely small. Outside of relatives does SJ have a fanbase anymore? Odd what has happened to that school.

If we are lucky enough to get a CCHS vs. AW game in the finals the game would have to be in a larger stadium. UT or BGSU? Perrysburg or dare I say Whitmer?

UT hosted years ago. Cannot tell you the last time (Late 80's?).

For SJ I'd think Perrysburg? Maybe Lake? SJ fan base is extremely small. Outside of relatives does SJ have a fanbase anymore? Odd what has happened to that school.

If we are lucky enough to get a CCHS vs. AW game in the finals the game would have to be in a larger stadium. UT or BGSU? Perrysburg or dare I say Whitmer?
My first high school pick would be Whitmer.

OG goes to Galion
Galion Tigers has a solid season, but this is a bad matchup for them.

A little history; Galion won their 1st 4 playoff games en route to winning the 1985 Div II, but have been winless since, which spans 8 games.

Last edited: