Northwest Ohio Football Talk

Since we're talking GMC coaching, Jon McCord stepped down as head coach at Fairview today.

He told the kids he's staying in as D coordinator and his replacement has been here before, which makes me think it'll either be Bob Olwin or Doug Rakes to replace him.
Been here before, does that include as a student? 😜

Then why post?
There was a previous post that Mike Ward was going to be, or might be, the new HC at Springfield.

Friday I learned Ward is staying at Perrysburg.

Eventually everyone interested will know that, so it's not personal information.

Why isn't public information, and since HS coaches are not public figures like college or pro coaches their lives deserve a greater degree of privacy. Plus the people involved shared information with me because they are friends & acquaintances of mine and I'm not going to gossip about it.

That's why.

2 more offensive lineman from Central got offers today. Elijah Williams and Tyrell Green got offers from Marshall. These are the first offers for both, I believe.

Marc Nave got one from Miami OH, his 11th D1 offer.

So going into next year, thus far, 3 of their 5 returning starting offensive lineman have D1 offers.

2 more offensive lineman from Central got offers today. Elijah Williams and Tyrell Green got offers from Marshall. These are the first offers for both, I believe.

Marc Nave got one from Miami OH, his 11th D1 offer.

So going into next year, thus far, 3 of their 5 returning starting offensive lineman have D1 offers.
3 out of the 5 so far, that's big time. Still waiting for DL Michael Cannings's first offer. Dude looks every bit the part of a FBS player and has played like one as well these past two seasons. He's bound for a monster senior season.

3 out of the 5 so far, that's big time. Still waiting for DL Michael Cannings's first offer. Dude looks every bit the part of a FBS player and has played like one as well these past two seasons. He's bound for a monster senior season.
I saw Nave got yet another offer today. This time from Cincinnati. Cannings has one D3 offer, I believe. He will definitely get some over the summer.

D3 “offer?”

I'm sure he will get plenty more offers. Looks like he is being recruited by Cincinnati and a few others. But this is the first offer I saw for him thus far.

1674500969747.png

True. But for these kids, its a big deal. My kids and their classmates are going/went through all of this. It's fun for them.

I have the Central offers and commits over on another thread. Of the seniors from this team, 3 are committed (Edmonds to BG, Awls to Toledo, Clark to Tiffin) and 10 more have offers or preferred walkon offers to various FBS, FCS, D2, and D3 schools.

Of the juniors, 4 have offers (Nave, Green, Williams, Cannings) with an incoming transfer (Watson) having several as well. I would expect Braswell and Bankston to get offers over the summer as well.

True. But for these kids, its a big deal. My kids and their classmates are going/went through all of this. It's fun for them.
No I get it and I’ve seen lots of kids go through it but most D3 schools should present it as a roster spot, not an offer. Also see lot of D3 kids get to their school and then leave after the first year too once they realize it’s not what they though it’d be. Happens all the time.

I have the Central offers and commits over on another thread. Of the seniors from this team, 3 are committed (Edmonds to BG, Awls to Toledo, Clark to Tiffin) and 10 more have offers or preferred walkon offers to various FBS, FCS, D2, and D3 schools.

Of the juniors, 4 have offers (Nave, Green, Williams, Cannings) with an incoming transfer (Watson) having several as well. I would expect Braswell and Bankston to get offers over the summer as well.
Marc Nave got an offer from Boston College, his 13th D1 offer. Still only a junior.

No I get it and I’ve seen lots of kids go through it but most D3 schools should present it as a roster spot, not an offer. Also see lot of D3 kids get to their school and then leave after the first year too once they realize it’s not what they though it’d be. Happens all the time.
but hey, they got a nice signing day and social media post out of it.

but hey, they got a nice signing day and social media post out of it.
Nothing wrong with that. Next level is next level and something to celebrate. Not everyone gets that chance even. I know plenty of very talented high school players who only had D3 opportunities.

Nothing wrong with that. Next level is next level and something to celebrate. Not everyone gets that chance even. I know plenty of very talented high school players who only had D3 opportunities.
nothing wrong with that either, I am saying the ones who don't even finish the first year got their signing day and social media post.

I was a D3 athlete and I believe it has helped me greatly in life, especially because I was able to finish. Didn't need a signing day though either, but thats me, kids today, they crave social media attention and the schools like the pub they get, I get it.

nothing wrong with that either, I am saying the ones who don't even finish the first year got their signing day and social media post.

I was a D3 athlete and I believe it has helped me greatly in life, especially because I was able to finish. Didn't need a signing day though either, but thats me, kids today, they crave social media attention and the schools like the pub they get, I get it.

It's the schools that are craving the attention. They are the ones setting up during school time for these displays.

It's the schools that are craving the attention. They are the ones setting up during school time for these displays.

It's good marketing for the school, especially for the non-revenue sports. It shows potential students and parents that the school is known for some other things. Any time my company gets an award or mentioned somewhere, we blast it out to get more likes and clicks. It's all about eyeballs.