Northwest Conference 2022

Who would Crestview people want?
I don't know. There is a large amount of the community that would like to see an outsider hired.

Our previous coach was an alum but coached in Indiana for some time before becoming a head coach. Our neighbors, Van Wert, have had success with a Delphos alum. Wayne Trace hired one of our former assistants and he's done decent with not alot of talent over there. There are many other examples around the area.

I don't really think Basement is "Crestview people" but he does echo some of the community's concerns. I would be curious about Basement's thoughts as he/his wife has been close to the current HC's wife (stated in a previous post) and probably has sat at the local watering hole with much of the staff for the past couple of years.

If it's someone from within I don't think things will change much. IMO I think it's been the assistant coaches not having the back of the head coach that has been part of the problem. Just what I heard.
I have heard it's the other way around. Lautzenheiser smartest guy in the room and not taking any advice from assistant coaches!

I don't know. There is a large amount of the community that would like to see an outsider hired.

Our previous coach was an alum but coached in Indiana for some time before becoming a head coach. Our neighbors, Van Wert, have had success with a Delphos alum. Wayne Trace hired one of our former assistants and he's done decent with not alot of talent over there. There are many other examples around the area.

I don't really think Basement is "Crestview people" but he does echo some of the community's concerns. I would be curious about Basement's thoughts as he/his wife has been close to the current HC's wife (stated in a previous post) and probably has sat at the local watering hole with much of the staff for the past couple of years.
I knew her when we were in high school & college. Her cousin went to school with me at Adams Central and she literally lived less than 2 miles from me as she went to Crestview. Her parents were friends with a couple that are friends with my parents that literally live halfway between where we grew up in Indiana & Ohio. Her parents & my parents didn't hang out together though. As a kid we'd go to the Wren Tavern until about 2002-03 as the service for us just outside of town was poor, but a few folks in town got preferred treatment. As for her husband, he is like 8 years older than us. Not been around him much other once at Wren Days when he had been drinking a bit. Seemed like an okay guy but full of himself at times. As for football, none of the staff impressed me. I like Owens alot as daughters are friends as well as his brother but the recipe to beat them was well known. Especially the time he was at South Adams. The games I'd watch and Crestview won most not all, it was easy to see weaknesses to exploit. Drew Kline bailed them out the year they beat Minster quite a bit. Obviously the school has athletic talent, but they seem to be missing the proper fundamentals in football. Same thing is said for South Adams right now when they don't have superior athletes in football.

I have heard it's the other way around. Lautzenheiser smartest guy in the room and not taking any advice from assistant coaches!
Play calling trends that way. However like my last post stated the assistants weren't the cream of the crop. The school doesn't have the football tradition they believe they do.

you can talk about who you want to come in from the outside and take over, but the fact is it's jake harmon's job if he wants it.

Then Crestview stays bottom of the league, because nothing will change.
My thoughts exactly. Their defense wasn't great before injury and definitely not after. He seemed to be the same mindset of Lautzenheiser. I'd put him in the so called group. Best bet would be bringing in a veteran coach & new staff who had success elsewhere & no ties to the program & community.

My thoughts exactly. Their defense wasn't great before injury and definitely not after. He seemed to be the same mindset of Lautzenheiser. I'd put him in the so called group. Best bet would be bringing in a veteran coach & new staff who had success elsewhere & no ties to the program & community.
I 100% percent agree, but anyone that knows Crestview, knows they don't like to color outside of the lines. They will hire the comfortable choice instead of looking for a better fit.

This is 100% accurate with many of the current staff staying in place.
Hearing something about courts getting involved in the incident from this season. Any truth to that? Is that the reason for the supposed resignation? I'd think if true, you'd have to clean house with the HS football coaching staff.

Oh, I agree. I don’t think either decision was a no-brainer.

4th and 1 with the league's best offense, in your opponents territory, against a team who has never been able to throw the ball.

That's a no brainer. Go for it every time. Odds are good you get it and ice the game. If not, you're giving a running offense 10-15 seconds to 55 yards and they HAVE to score a TD. There's far more that can go wrong on the punt at that point.

Hearing something about courts getting involved in the incident from this season. Any truth to that? Is that the reason for the supposed resignation? I'd think if true, you'd have to clean house with the HS football coaching staff.
I don't believe anything will go to court. But there definitely are things that were not going to be tolerated and this resignation was known before season's end. The rest of the staff will not be stepping down. If Harmon takes over, it will be many of the same staff.

I don't believe anything will go to court. But there definitely are things that were not going to be tolerated and this resignation was known before season's end. The rest of the staff will not be stepping down. If Harmon takes over, it will be many of the same staff.
Well maybe steps will continue to be taken for improvement. We are for now keeping the 3 that attend there put, but we shall see moving forward. That is more so after speaking with law enforcement. Mostly because of reassuring us there are things going behind the scenes that neither they or the school can divulge to us at this time. Hopefully no one else at Crestview will have to deal with it or any where else. I would like to recommend changes in policies going forward after speaking with attorneys I work with as well as other schools' administration & their policies.

Read Sommers resigned at Spencervile, could Crestview be a new spot for him?
From the Crestview guys on here it sounds like the Knights have their next guy picked out already. Plus I can’t see Sommers taking another NWC job immediately after leaving Spencerville, and Jefferson before that