Northwest Conference 2021

Crestview (5-1) vs Columbus Grove (6-0) Does the kicker have any D-1 offers? WOW!!
I don't know if he's gotten any big scholarship offers, but all of the big D1 schools he's visited said they would give him a preferred walk on option. I know he's visited Marshall several times, as well as Cincinnati and Iowa State. Over the summer he even had a private practice with OSU's special teams coach. The covid year of free eligibility is really hurting the class of 2021 and 2022 special teams players, because just about every kicker and punter that didn't get drafted stayed for another year

I don't know if he's gotten any big scholarship offers, but all of the big D1 schools he's visited said they would give him a preferred walk on option. I know he's visited Marshall several times, as well as Cincinnati and Iowa State. Over the summer he even had a private practice with OSU's special teams coach. The covid year of free eligibility is really hurting the class of 2021 and 2022 special teams players, because just about every kicker and punter that didn't get drafted stayed for another year
dang dat virus, thanks for the information

He has an offer from Marshall.

Crestview (5-1) vs Columbus Grove (6-0) - Running clock in second half. CK's offense is predictable and their D won't be able to stop Metzger.
Leipsic (3-3) vs Bluffton (4-2) - If Bluffton cant beat Crestview, they won't beat Leipsic.
Ada (1-5) vs Spencerville (2-4) - Running clock second half.
Allen East (4-2) vs Delphos Jefferson - Running clock second half.

The covid year of free eligibility is really hurting the class of 2021 and 2022 special teams players, because just about every kicker and punter that didn't get drafted stayed for another year
It will hurt for 23 and 24 also. NCAA has made many dumb decisions though the years that one is near the top. Since they created no more opportunities all the did was take them away from some to give to others.

Crestview (5-1) vs Columbus Grove (6-0) - Crestview isn't nearly as good as their record shows. Their 3 OOC opponents all are 1-5, and they haven't played Grove, Leipsic, or Spencerville yet.
Leipsic (3-3) vs Bluffton (4-2) - Leipsic might be the best 3-3 team in the state
Ada (1-5) vs Spencerville (2-4) - Spencerville is much better than their record shows, could finish 6-4 or 5-5
Allen East (4-2) vs Delphos Jefferson (3-3) - I think AE will win but much closer game than most people expect. AE is dealing with a ton of injuries.

It will hurt for 23 and 24 also. NCAA has made many dumb decisions though the years that one is near the top. Since they created no more opportunities all the did was take them away from some to give to others.
It was actually one of the better things they've done. Were there going to be consequences? Sure. But to basically remove a year college athletes could play due to no fault of their own would be incredibly dumb.

It was actually one of the better things they've done. Were there going to be consequences? Sure. But to basically remove a year college athletes could play due to no fault of their own would be incredibly dumb.
Both football and basketball had a seasons so they missed nothing. It made sense for the spring sports because they didn't have a season but not fall and winter. There are kids that graduated HS last year that in past would have gotten a scholarship but none were available so they are either unable to afford college and didn't go or going to miss out on all four year of sports.

Both football and basketball had a seasons so they missed nothing. It made sense for the spring sports because they didn't have a season but not fall and winter. There are kids that graduated HS last year that in past would have gotten a scholarship but none were available so they are either unable to afford college and didn't go or going to miss out on all four year of sports.
and to top it all off they missed high school sports also, UGH!

Week 8 NWC
Pirates (4-3) vs Mustangs (5-2)
Wildcats (3-4) vs Vikings (4-3)
Bulldogs (7-0) vs Bulldogs (1-6)
Bearcats (3-4) vs Knights (5-2) best match up of the night

Bluffton (4-3) vs Allen East (5-2) - Will be close for a while but AE eventually pulls away.
Jefferson (3-4) vs Leipsic (4-3) - Leipsic too much for DJ.
Columbus Grove (7-0) vs Ada (1-6) - Grove could play JV and win
Spencerville (3-4) vs Crestview (5-2) - More predictability from Crestview, 3 straight runs up the gut and punt, wash, rinse, repeat..... Spencerville has the better team.

Bluffton (4-3) vs Allen East (5-2) - Will be close for a while but AE eventually pulls away.
Jefferson (3-4) vs Leipsic (4-3) - Leipsic too much for DJ.
Columbus Grove (7-0) vs Ada (1-6) - Grove could play JV and win
Spencerville
(3-4) vs Crestview (5-2) - More predictability from Crestview, 3 straight runs up the gut and punt, wash, rinse, repeat..... Spencerville has the better team.
so unfortunate i have to agree with your CG/Ada assessment.

Pirates (4-3) vs Mustangs (5-2) Big
Wildcats (3-4) vs Vikings (4-3) Bigger
Bulldogs (7-0) vs Bulldogs (1-6) Ouch, much bigger
Bearcats (3-4) vs Knights (5-2) Close game but Spencerville is the better team

Bluffton (4-3) vs Allen East (5-2) - Allen East is a much better team than Bluffton
Jefferson (3-4) vs Leipsic (4-3) - Jefferson's offense could keep them in the game but Leipsic is better
Columbus Grove (7-0) vs Ada (1-6) - Over by the 2nd quarter
Spencerville (3-4) vs Crestview (5-2) - Spencerville will roll, Crestview is not nearly as good as their record suggests.

Was at the Spencerville/Crestview game Friday night. First off, it was a great high school football game. Secondly, there were two absolutely amazing catches made from Crestview. First was Jones with a 41 yrd one hand grab while being held down to the 1 yrd line. Second was an absolutely amazing catch by Jackson off the defenders back. Get a chance check out WOSN best of the night for the Jones catch and MaxPreps for the Jackson catch.

So with the expanded play offs this year, it looks like the Dogs I follow will be the only NWC team not to make it. Anybody want to adopt a fan fir the playoffs?
Seriously it is frustrating to see how far and fast a program can fall. Hoping Smith doe stick around as I feel he is the guy to turn it around again for Ada

So with the expanded play offs this year, it looks like the Dogs I follow will be the only NWC team not to make it. Anybody want to adopt a fan fir the playoffs?
Seriously it is frustrating to see how far and fast a program can fall. Hoping Smith doe stick around as I feel he is the guy to turn it around again for Ada
Just stick with the Bulldogs!

Week #8 Games
Allen East (6-2) vs Leipsic (5-3) Best match up of the weekend
Delphos Jefferson (3-5) vs Bluffton (4-4) 2nd best game and Pirates Homecoming
Spencerville (4-4) vs Columbus Grove (8-0) wraps up NWC Crown
Ada (1-7) vs Convoy Crestview (5-3)

IMO I think the second round games this year will be more competitive than first round games in the past. There will be a number of 6-8 teams that get beat in the first round. Only time will tell.

Week #10
Leipsic (6-3) vs Crestview (6-3) Best game of the week
Delphos Jefferson (3-6) vs Spencerville (4-5)
Bluffton (5-4) vs Columbus Grove (9-0)
Allen East (6-3)
vs Ada (1-9)

Week #10
Leipsic (6-3) vs Crestview (6-3) Sorry @rjedwards don't get your hopes up for a good game here, Leipsic is much, much better than Crestview
Delphos Jefferson (3-6) vs Spencerville (4-5) - Spencerville should win but don't count out Jefferson to at least make it a 1 possession game
Bluffton (5-4) vs Columbus Grove (9-0) - Dogs finish off back to back perfect regular seasons and 4 straight NWC titles ??
Allen East (6-3) vs Ada (1-9) - Mustangs by 40+

Leipsic (6-3) vs Crestview (6-3) Not even close to best game. Leipsic by at least 3 scores.
Delphos Jefferson (3-6) vs Spencerville (4-5) Best game, Spencerville but close in this rivalry matchup.
Bluffton (5-4) vs Columbus Grove (9-0) Grove dominates and shows why they are the best in the NWC....AGAIN.
Allen East (6-3) vs Ada (1-9) Allen East running clock.