Northwest Conference 2020

After reading other threads that keep mentioning new leagues, leagues shuffling around etc that Ada (and on a lesser note, Bluffton and Columbus Grove) should leave for the BVC. 1st off, I don't see any of that happening anytime soon if ever, but it got me thinking. I like the addition of Leipsic and if the NWC expands further, what other schools do you other NWC posters would like to see to added.
Myself, I think either or both Pandora-Gilboa and Arlington would make a good fit. But what other schools would others think? Maybe a school on west side of conference to keep drives down for Crestview/Lincolnview/Spencerville? What do you think?

Not really any in the west that I'd think would jump. I'd have said Wayne Trace until Paulding went to the GMC. They're probably happy now. You get south of Spencerville you're in MAC territory and none of them are leaving.

If they go to 12, I'd think PG, Arlington, McComb, and Patrick Henry make the most sense.

Not really any in the west that I'd think would jump. I'd have said Wayne Trace until Paulding went to the GMC. They're probably happy now. You get south of Spencerville you're in MAC territory and none of them are leaving.

If they go to 12, I'd think PG, Arlington, McComb, and Patrick Henry make the most sense.
I'd like to see some realignment with the GMC and NWC. Be nice if Edgerton could go with others up north like Edon and such. Wish Crestview, Delphos Jefferson, Spencerville, and Lincolnview could go move into the GMC like Paulding did. Give you 10 football schools and 11 basketball schools.

I'd like to see some realignment with the GMC and NWC. Be nice if Edgerton could go with others up north like Edon and such. Wish Crestview, Delphos Jefferson, Spencerville, and Lincolnview could go move into the GMC like Paulding did. Give you 10 football schools and 11 basketball schools.
Edgerton could join this new league that Swanton is forming. Just a thought

Edgerton could join this new league that Swanton is forming. Just a thought

Edgerton is perfectly fine in the GMC. It's 16 minutes to Hicksville, only 30 from Antwerp and barely more to Defiance. They've been a top 3 football program in the GMC the last five years.

Seems like all I ever see if everyone ready to get them out of the GMC. They're about 2 miles from the Defiance County line. They're a perfect fit and Hicksville, Fairview, Tinora, Ayersville, and probably even Antwerp would never go for losing them to add Spencerville or Delphos, both close to or more than an hour from Defiance.

If ANY changes happen in the GMC it'll be because Antwerp or (bigger longshot) Ayersville can't keep football numbers up and have to follow Holgate.

Now I'll throw this in there. I'd imagine if Crestview for some reason wanted to come, they'd be all over a Crestview/Archbold package deal. At least I'd hope, because that would be too good to pass up.

Yea the GMC has a really good thing going and I think it would take quite a lot to get them to add teams at this point. Even if some pairing of the Archbold/Liberty Center/Patrick Henry contingent came calling I don't see them being admitted simply due to travel distance. I think any of the mentioned NWC teams would be even less likely.

With Paulding in conference now, we have all 3 Paulding county schools, every Defiance county school except Defiance City, and Edgerton just barely over the line into Williams county. The GMC is about as close to 'perfect' as you'll find in small school conferences throughout the state as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
After reading other threads that keep mentioning new leagues, leagues shuffling around etc that Ada (and on a lesser note, Bluffton and Columbus Grove) should leave for the BVC. 1st off, I don't see any of that happening anytime soon if ever, but it got me thinking. I like the addition of Leipsic and if the NWC expands further, what other schools do you other NWC posters would like to see to added.
Myself, I think either or both Pandora-Gilboa and Arlington would make a good fit. But what other schools would others think? Maybe a school on west side of conference to keep drives down for Crestview/Lincolnview/Spencerville? What do you think?
I think if all of this league shuffling comes to fruition, the NWC needs to get out ahead of it and extend invites to Delphos St. John's, Parkway, Patrick Henry, Pandora, McComb, and Arlington in hopes of adding at least 2 full time members and keeping all current schools (including Leipsic). Am I being too optimistic? Probably, but we can always dream

And a long way from Grove, Bluffton, Ada and Allen East.
So are those of us in the Crestview area of Willshire Township in the village of Wren. The village of Willshire is in the same township obviously and is Parkway School district! Grove not a big deal but getting through Lima or around to the other 3 looks like a pain. Much easier from experience of wrestling to go to Paulding and Defiance County.

So are those of us in the Crestview area of Willshire Township in the village of Wren. The village of Willshire is in the same township obviously and is Parkway School district! Grove not a big deal but getting through Lima or around to the other 3 looks like a pain. Much easier from experience of wrestling to go to Paulding and Defiance County.
Agree it is a haul from Wren to Ada, but go US30 instead of thru Lima. I've said this before, out of all the schools in NWC, Spencerville is the worst to get to because there is no good direct route and you ultimately need to go thru Lima which adds a bit to the trip. If Parkway would come into the league, I would assume the best route would be to I-75 to US 33 (unless you go US 30 again, but then would have yo navigate thru Van Wert which would not be too bad)

Agree it is a haul from Wren to Ada, but go US30 instead of thru Lima. I've said this before, out of all the schools in NWC, Spencerville is the worst to get to because there is no good direct route and you ultimately need to go thru Lima which adds a bit to the trip. If Parkway would come into the league, I would assume the best route would be to I-75 to US 33 (unless you go US 30 again, but then would have yo navigate thru Van Wert which would not be too bad)

Yeah it's still a long haul going up to 30. Spencerville isn't too bad for the west teams of the NWC. Be nice if Parkway, the 2 Delphos schools, Spencerville, Crestview, Lincolnview, and the 3 Paulding schools would have joined up. Never will happen due to the ties of NWC, MAC, and GMC.

Yeah it's still a long haul going up to 30. Spencerville isn't too bad for the west teams of the NWC. Be nice if Parkway, the 2 Delphos schools, Spencerville, Crestview, Lincolnview, and the 3 Paulding schools would have joined up. Never will happen due to the ties of NWC, MAC, and GMC.
That actually would be a good league, but like you said, doubt that ever happens

Wouldn't 30 to 66 make sense for Spencerville? Better to drive through Delphos than Lima, right?

Wouldn't 30 to 66 make sense for Spencerville? Better to drive through Delphos than Lima, right?
Not if you know how to get thru the back streets of Lima. I usually go thru refinery area and get thru pretty quick
But the route you mentioned would bean easy route to take

I don’t remember where it was posted about Ada getting turf this year so I’ll just put it here.
they finally released the artist rendition
DD4DED43-07A8-4B29-A769-05BBFCC3F125.jpeg

Was told the same thing just today
It's understandable, I think. The city is responsible for the stadium, and the folks that aren't in favor's thoughts are basically "if two schools in this town can't raise the money to put the turf down, how in the world is the city going to be able to afford to replace it?"

It's understandable, I think. The city is responsible for the stadium, and the folks that aren't in favor's thoughts are basically "if two schools in this town can't raise the money to put the turf down, how in the world is the city going to be able to afford to replace it?"
Understand as well. I was told the city does not want to be responsible for the maintenance and feel the schools should share in that and and future replacement of turf

Understand as well. I was told the city does not want to be responsible for the maintenance and feel the schools should share in that and and future replacement of turf

That does not make sense at all. The city is responsible for all the maintenance right now. Why not take the estimated 20k they spend each year on field maintenance, labor, etc. and put it aside for when the turf will actually need replaced?

That does not make sense at all. The city is responsible for all the maintenance right now. Why not take the estimated 20k they spend each year on field maintenance, labor, etc. and put it aside for when the turf will actually need replaced?
Cant answer that. I actually asked if the city was maintaining it now (mowing/painting etc) then why the different thinking if they get turf. Not 100% sure, but would think it would be a break even or even savings with turf when you consider no more mowing, time painting and buying the paint etc. There would be an initial expense(beside the purchase/installation of the turf) to purchase the vacuum or sweeper or whatever its called to keep the pellets distributed properly, But other than that, i am not sure what else would be an expense
Disclaimer: I might be totally off on expenses pertaining to turf.