Northwest Conference 2020

Yeah. Stop trolling northwest Ohio boards. You rooted hard. We had a season. Deal with it. . You have zero to do with the NWC or MAC but want so badly for someone to listen to you. Trolling didn’t help you two months ago and still won’t help you today. Shadowing us makes you look foolish. And trashing teams on their own board is idiotic.
The MAC? What are you talking about? Yes a season was had and did not increase cases which is great for all especially the kids. I never once said to cancel the season but think what you want. Calling me a and idiot is uncalled for and really hurts my feelings. I hope the name calling makes you feel like a big man.

The MAC? What are you talking about? Yes a season was had and did not increase cases which is great for all especially the kids. I never once said to cancel the season but think what you want. Calling me a and idiot is uncalled for and really hurts my feelings. I hope the name calling makes you feel like a big man.
Take care. NWC board. Trolling the knights on our board is just being a idiot. I’ll stand by it. Go back to rooting against a season. We will crown a champion this year. Rooting hard for Grove to carry the conference to state.

Take care. NWC board. Trolling the knights on our board is just being a idiot. I’ll stand by it. Go back to rooting against a season. We will crown a champion this year. Rooting hard for Grove to carry the conference to state.
lol rational response

Don’t let the personal arguments distract you from the fact that Grove (small D6 school, NWC outright champions) smacked around Archbold (big D6 school, NWOAL champions) last night, and is now rolling to the Region 22 Championship game ?

I watched the Grove vs Archbold game on YouTube last night and was very impressed by Grove. So I'll take CG by 2 scores
Agreed. Surprised they handled Archbold by that much. Fairview has been fun to watch put up numbers and might have the most dynamic player on the field in the Rakes kid at QB for Fairview. Can't let him run wild back there.

I'm taking my Dogs to win and flex their muscle in the trenches a little bit more this week. Fairview has a legit offense, but Grove's best defensive games this year have been against pass heavy spread teams. Fairview's defense got exposed the past 2 weeks by the only 2 good teams they've played this year. Both games they had to come from behind and score as time ran out to win, I don't think there's any way they can stop Grove's run game the way their line and Colin Metzger looked last week. Go Dogs!! ??

I was a little disappointed with Crestview last night. While I picked LCC to win the game, I thought that Crestview could hang a little better than what they did.

I respect Coach Owens, but feel that sometimes he is a square peg, round hole kind of guy. Last night was evidence of that. Crestview has athletes on the outside and had some success passing the ball, however, they tried to force the run all night long while LCC was continuously loading the box. I understand dancing with the one who brought you, but LCC was prepared for that and it just felt like Crestview was unable to make any adjustments to counter.

Regardless, great season by the Knights and look forward to seeing how they progress next year with no Brecht or Geradot.

Hoping that Grove can get it done against the Streaks tonight!!

I think that is a common theme for most coaches in this area on BOTH sides of the state line. I know when my brother played, I would ask him why they didn't run this or that during certain situations. He responded that they had the play, but didn't have confidence that player X, Y, or Z would remember their responsibility outside of the normal sets of plays. I wonder how much that takes place and they use the safety net plays. Sometimes coaches just get frustrated and feel like running "different" plays becomes a desperation sign as well.

My understanding was it was recruiting and Cooper. I'm probably wrong but ?‍♂️
I believe there’s some merit to your comment, but *67 hit it on the head. LCC was dominant in NWC League play.

Football v. NWC 2006-2013
51-5
5 NWC titles

Boys Basketball v. NWC 2006-2013
73-8
5 League titles

Girls Volleyball v. NWC 2006-2013
50-4
4 League titles

Boys Baseball v. NWC 2006-2013
52-7
5 outright titles
1 co-champ

Boys Golf v. NWC 2006-2013
105-1
7 league titles

Wish NWC would have worked out for them, I always liked LCC personally. I was in favor of adding them with Versailles back in 2001 when those two and Lehman were being considered for MAC additions.
I know that's a very hot take and an unpopular opinion that I still believe, but maybe it would be nice for St. Johns to bring the holy war in-house. Maybe, as a kid, I thought it would be cool to play every other year in what I thought of as "the big city." Maybe because I had friends from that school. Or maybe because I think they have cool colors, and I'm just a dumb adult with baby brains and finds that neat. Just recently learned object permanence... which is pretty neat.

It's a weird stance, but I own up to it.

My understanding was it was recruiting and Cooper. I'm probably wrong but ?‍♂️
Cooper was the biggest advocate for adding LCC to the league when there was no need to. Adding them created an odd number football league for a team that could draw from the entire talent pool of Lima compared to the small towns of the NWC. Then conveniently a year after locking them into a conference for scheduling, good ole Coop took their football job and instantly had every college bound football talent in Lima playing for him.
LCC in the NWC was never a good fit from the start, and Cooper’s antics just added fuel to the fire. It was a controversy to add them in the first place and a nearly unanimous decision to kick them out.

I believe there’s some merit to your comment, but *67 hit it on the head. LCC was dominant in NWC League play.

Football v. NWC 2006-2013
51-5
5 NWC titles

Boys Basketball v. NWC 2006-2013
73-8
5 League titles

Girls Volleyball v. NWC 2006-2013
50-4
4 League titles

Boys Baseball v. NWC 2006-2013
52-7
5 outright titles
1 co-champ

Boys Golf v. NWC 2006-2013
105-1
7 league titles
Just further proves the point that they were a bad fit from the start. A team with no history in the league coming and immediately dominating in almost every sport is not something that any league should want if they want the league to last as it is

I seem to remember that in 2012 LCC beat Spencerville 28-20 which wound up keeping Spencerville out of the playoffs by finishing 10th in the region. After that the Spencerville superintendent had enough and the wheels were in motion. Jerry wasn't going to be there forever but the pillaging of the local schools was never going to stop.

I seem to remember that in 2012 LCC beat Spencerville 28-20 which wound up keeping Spencerville out of the playoffs by finishing 10th in the region. After that the Spencerville superintendent had enough and the wheels were in motion. Jerry wasn't going to be there forever but the pillaging of the local schools was never going to stop.
Wasn’t just Spencerville, Grove missed the playoffs being 8-2 or 7-3 3 different years with losses to LCC who at that time was a bigger division.

Not really relevant to the point, but I’m pretty sure it was a done deal already in 2011 that 2012-2013 would be their last year as a member

It rub a lot of people the wrong way in Grove after Cooper got the job at LCC that letters were being sent to even non-catholic boys in 8th grade if they were interested in going to LCC. It's one thing to send it to St. Anthony kids, but to send it to others, oh wait their good at football.

It rub a lot of people the wrong way in Grove after Cooper got the job at LCC that letters were being sent to even non-catholic boys in 8th grade if they were interested in going to LCC. It's one thing to send it to St. Anthony kids, but to send it to others, oh wait their good at football.
Almost forgot about that. I think that was the class of 2011 when they were in 8th grade.. ended up being the only Grove team in that stretch that beat LCC to win the NWC in basketball. They were also one of the 7-3 teams to barely miss the playoffs

I heard on the grapevine that Crestview's football and cross country coaches are quitting. Will announce at next school board meeting.

Per WOSN:

Coach Jared Owens has resigned after 10 Season. Owens went 72-39. Resignation will be official at tonights BOE meeting.

Who will be the next coach for the Knights?