Northwest Conference 2020

NWOAL > NWC in what sport?

All of them.

It's especially noticeable in football at the bottom of the league. PH is a 2nd division team now, and they would handle any of the bottom 4 in the NWC. The eastern Fulton County trio are bad, but.....Delphos and Bluffton have been downright putrid, and Ada couldn't even finish the season.

The top 4 are comparable, I give the slight edge to the NWOAL simply because Wauseon and LC are contenders in most leagues. I can't say the same for Spencerville or AE.

Archbold - Grove: close. We'll find out this weekend.
Wauseon > Crestview
LC >>> Spencerville
Bryan => Allen East
PH >>>>>>> Bluffton
Delta > Paulding
Swanton > Delphos
Evergreen at least played the whole season, so they beat Ada by default.

Leipsic replacing Paulding will help.

All of them.

It's especially noticeable in football at the bottom of the league. PH is a 2nd division team now, and they would handle any of the bottom 4 in the NWC. The eastern Fulton County trio are bad, but.....Delphos and Bluffton have been downright putrid, and Ada couldn't even finish the season.

The top 4 are comparable, I give the slight edge to the NWOAL simply because Wauseon and LC are contenders in most leagues. I can't say the same for Spencerville or AE.

Wauseon > Crestview
LC >>> Spencerville
Bryan => Allen East
PH >>>>>>> Bluffton
Delta > Paulding
Swanton > Delphos

Just a few short years ago PH was dominating the NWOAL but they lost to Grove to fall to 0-3. Grove tied for the NWC Championship and PH won 7 straight games in the NWOAL. So I think the advantage isn't nearly as wide of a Gap from the NWC to the NWOAL. I think the biggest advantage is the school size. 2 years ago Archbold ,LC, Wauseon, Bryan were all D5 schools.

Just a few short years ago PH was dominating the NWOAL but they lost to Grove to fall to 0-3. Grove tied for the NWC Championship and PH won 7 straight games in the NWOAL. So I think the advantage isn't nearly as wide of a Gap from the NWC to the NWOAL. I think the biggest advantage is the school size. 2 years ago Archbold ,LC, Wauseon, Bryan were all D5 schools.

Wauseon and Bryan were D3 not long ago, before the 7th division. Of course it wasn't that long ago Paulding was D4.

I just look at how bad the NWC has become at the bottom. Evergreen is terrible, but Swanton and Delta held their own at times. No nonleague really messes with things though. Guess we'll see.

It doesn't diminish your point about the size difference but Bryan/Wauseon have never dipped below D4.
The Grove-PH game you are talking about really hurt the NWOAL that year, lol. PH staff was trying to protect their Quarterback Rhamy by putting him at safety after he was All-League at nose guard as a freshman/sophomore. After that loss, they moved him back to nose and ran through the NWOAL before losing to the State Champs in the first round.
For being not TOO far away geographically the two leagues don't match up very much. PH has face Grove/Spencerville in the regular season. LC has faced Grove a few times, Bluffton and Allen East in the playoffs.

All of them.

Wauseon > Crestview
LC >>> Spencerville
Bryan => Allen East
PH >>>>>>> Bluffton
Delta > Paulding
Swanton > Delphos

All of them?? That's really funny. I'll give an edge to wauseon in wrestling. That's about it.

As far as football goes, Swanton and Evergreen are equal to Jefferson and/or Ada. Maybe a slight edge.

Grove and Archbold TBD.

Wauseon is average at best. Bounced fairly easily by Clyde in a region where they should be sitting in the final four. I would put Crestview against them anyday. Good luck stopping our offense if they can't stop Clyde's.

Bryan/AE is a tosssup. However, the AE loss in the playoffs looks bad (albeit to a MAC school).

PH is much better than Bluffton. I agree there.

Liberty Center and Spencerville. Now thats an interesting one. From the highlights I seen, no one could tackle in the LC/CC game last week. You better be able to tackle against Spencerville or they will run away with a win. Ask Crestview week 1.

There's little to no separation. Bold statements. Especially about a Wauseon team that is only good against its own conference (ala AE this year).

Wauseon is average at best. Bounced fairly easily by Clyde in a region where they should be sitting in the final four. I would put Crestview against them anyday. Good luck stopping our offense if they can't stop Clyde's.
I think Crestview-Wauseon would be a good game but your reasoning doesn't support your argument. Two weeks ago when Crestview beat up on D7 Calvert who probably only had 25-30 kids, Wauseon lost to the defending state champs who I'm sure have 70+ kids and are still alive in the D4 playoffs after bouncing an undefeated team last week. Hard to compare the two.

Also, are you saying the NWC schools are better than Delta at wrestling? Allen East would be a good dual but no one else comes close

I think Crestview-Wauseon would be a good game but your reasoning doesn't support your argument. Two weeks ago when Crestview beat up on D7 Calvert who probably only had 25-30 kids, Wauseon lost to the defending state champs who I'm sure have 70+ kids and are still alive in the D4 playoffs after bouncing an undefeated team last week. Hard to compare the two.

Also, are you saying the NWC schools are better than Delta at wrestling? Allen East would be a good dual but no one else comes close
No. I was saying wrestling is probably better in the NWOAL. Used Wauseon as an example.

A loss to a 6-3 Clyde team isn't an immaculate loss. Swanton, Evergreen, PH, Delta, etc. are all at or below .500. Wauseon had zero good wins this year. Liberty Center beat one team above .500 and that was a 5-4 Bryan team. I hate to bang on them, but I just don't see alot of talent in the NWOAL outside of Archbold this year. And honestly, its not much of a powerhouse in football any year.

Liberty Center gets Allen East tonight. If they beat them and Grove loses, then an argument can be made that the top 4 teams in the NWOAL are superior to the top 4 in the NWC this year. If not....then I would put the bottom 4 of each conference on even ground and say that the NWC's top 4 are superior.

The original post was that the NWOAL is superior to the NWC in football. Then further made in all sports. That's laughable on many levels.

The NWOAL is better than the NWC in football and it's not even close. We literally saw this last year when the top two teams met in the playoffs and Liberty Center beat Allen East 43-12.

It's really not an apples to apples comparison due to the size of the schools in the NWOAL. My goodness a D4 and D5 school better be able to beat up on lower end D6 and D7 schools.

The only school pushing D5 in football in the NWC is Paulding. The problem with that school is getting kids to play sports. That school district is ridiculously large. Imagine being a parent of a 7th grader living in Oakwood and wanting him to play football? That is a 20 minute drive one way to get your athlete from practice. That is dedication.

It's really not an apples to apples comparison due to the size of the schools in the NWOAL. My goodness a D4 and D5 school better be able to beat up on lower end D6 and D7 schools.

The only school pushing D5 in football in the NWC is Paulding. The problem with that school is getting kids to play sports. That school district is ridiculously large. Imagine being a parent of a 7th grader living in Oakwood and wanting him to play football? That is a 20 minute drive one way to get your athlete from practice. That is dedication.
Agreed. And even in an apples to apples comparison, the only schools that carry the NWOAL in football are their D6 schools. Not much outside of that. I believe Wauseon had a good year back in the old days of 5 or 6 divisions and they were in D3.

I agree that it is not an apples to apples comparison. Tough to compare leagues when the sizes don't match up.
BUT, it was made an apples to apples comparison when this was said:
"Wauseon is average at best. Bounced fairly easily by Clyde in a region where they should be sitting in the final four. I would put Crestview against them anyday. Good luck stopping our offense if they can't stop Clyde's."
Average in the D4 playoffs? Average compared to D7 teams? Again, I think Crestview-Wauseon would be a good game but Crestview would struggle with Wauseon's size, speed and depth.

I think you're putting too much stock into a week 10 game where the two teams had 24 hours of prepartation.
Not particularly. It’s two D6 games whereas one is a playoff and the other a regular season game. I could be wrong. I would venture to say that undefeated archbold is a heavy favorite. AE and LC have decent records. Not much preparation involved. Week to week at this point.

I agree that it is not an apples to apples comparison. Tough to compare leagues when the sizes don't match up.
"Wauseon is average at best. Bounced fairly easily by Clyde in a region where they should be sitting in the final four. I would put Crestview against them anyday. Good luck stopping our offense if they can't stop Clyde's."
Average in the D4 playoffs? Average compared to D7 teams? Again, I think Crestview-Wauseon would be a good game but Crestview would struggle with Wauseon's size, speed and depth.
Comparable size on the lines. Both have big backs. Crestview has two 200 plus pound backs like Wauseon. And the Clyde loss whereas Wauseon should have rolled is a bad one. Just looking big picture. Wauseon didn’t beat anyone of substance. So apples to oranges but saying putting the hammer on a Calvert team with “low numbers” is a farce. They had their dogs. Performance vs perception is the only analytic we can look at. One performed. The other did not.

Broken foot. I'm not sure it matters vs. Crestview. They are still chalked with talent. However, it does give Crestview a fighting chance. As I said at the beginning of the playoffs, Crestview is a top 3 or so team in the region. Vastly underrated. But, if I am being real, I will take our boys to fight to the end and likely fall to the T Birds. I foresee a huge regional final showdown with Thomas out.

As for Grove, they will have their hands full. I expected a little more out of them last game. It'll be a tight one as well. But Grove is simply getting it done this year. I'll take the dogs.
Fighting chance huh!? That’s a little naive especially considering the final of 41-14. Your confidence in the hometown team is cute though.

Playoff records by conference:
NWOAL: 96-72 (57.1%), 4 state titles, 3 runners up, 20 total semifinalists
NWC: 61-70 (46.6%), 1 state title, 2 runners up, 9 total semifinalists (including LCC)

Historically, the NWOAL has been a better league, as shown by these pound-for-pound records.

I was a little disappointed with Crestview last night. While I picked LCC to win the game, I thought that Crestview could hang a little better than what they did.

I respect Coach Owens, but feel that sometimes he is a square peg, round hole kind of guy. Last night was evidence of that. Crestview has athletes on the outside and had some success passing the ball, however, they tried to force the run all night long while LCC was continuously loading the box. I understand dancing with the one who brought you, but LCC was prepared for that and it just felt like Crestview was unable to make any adjustments to counter.

Regardless, great season by the Knights and look forward to seeing how they progress next year with no Brecht or Geradot.

Hoping that Grove can get it done against the Streaks tonight!!

Fighting chance huh!? That’s a little naive especially considering the final of 41-14. Your confidence in the hometown team is cute though.
. Aren’t you still rooting against a season. Wtf are you still doing on yappi. Idiots will be idiots.

I was a little disappointed with Crestview last night. While I picked LCC to win the game, I thought that Crestview could hang a little better than what they did.

I respect Coach Owens, but feel that sometimes he is a square peg, round hole kind of guy. Last night was evidence of that. Crestview has athletes on the outside and had some success passing the ball, however, they tried to force the run all night long while LCC was continuously loading the box. I understand dancing with the one who brought you, but LCC was prepared for that and it just felt like Crestview was unable to make any adjustments to counter.

Regardless, great season by the Knights and look forward to seeing how they progress next year with no Brecht or Geradot.

Hoping that Grove can get it done against the Streaks tonight!!
LCC is real. I’ve called them as the fav to win D7 all season.

How about them Apples......

I never rooted against a season. Clever response though.
Yeah. Stop trolling northwest Ohio boards. You rooted hard. We had a season. Deal with it. . You have zero to do with the NWC or MAC but want so badly for someone to listen to you. Trolling didn’t help you two months ago and still won’t help you today. Shadowing us makes you look foolish. And trashing teams on their own board is idiotic.