Northwest Conference 2020

So Minster scheduled a game over an hour away to play a JV/ scrimmage type game? I am guessing PG approached this as a regular varsity contest and probably didn't hold back much. Why would you?
PG played a mixture of JV/Varsity after the first quarter. Both squads full varsity for one quarter. PG went to full JV half way through the 3rd quarter.....this is all according to the scorestream messaging from PG fans. Unfortunately, Minster's JV couldn't keep up with PG's JV. I'm not sure what to take from the game itself.

All of that said, Minster did shut out a good PG offense for one quarter, and PG reciprocated. Based upon the defense, I believe Allen East will play a tight game with Minster and pull away in the latter part of the second half.

Everyone seems to think that Crestview will have no issue with TC. However, TC's offense with two WR's in the 6'3/6'4 range could give Crestview's smaller DB's some issues. I do think that Crestview will be able to run the ball, as TC's d-line looks suspect.

I think this one could be closer than what others are predicting though.

Everyone seems to think that Crestview will have no issue with TC. However, TC's offense with two WR's in the 6'3/6'4 range could give Crestview's smaller DB's some issues. I do think that Crestview will be able to run the ball, as TC's d-line looks suspect.

I think this one could be closer than what others are predicting though.
QB will need to get the ball out of his hand first. I agree. Two very good WRs and a QB that has flashed for almost 2000 yards. However suspect the Knights DBs have been, it'll take the TC Offensive line to drop back and be protected enough to utilize his weapons all game.

CK, I know that TC likes to stack 8 in the box and try to force opponents to pass. Do you see the Knights trying to throw a little more this game, or do they stick to their guns and try to grind it out with their two horses? From what I've seen, the Knights have some real threats on the outside and with Geradot a threat out of the backfield.

I think there will be a bit more passing than we have seen in recent games. However, Crestview found something in their thunder and lightening. The offensive line has been really good and Grove/Spencerville/North Baltimore all loaded the box but were unable to contain. When they started to cheat in, Crestview hit the easy throws to the outside for big plays. It'll be interesting how TC approaches the game.

I think there will be a bit more passing than we have seen in recent games. However, Crestview found something in their thunder and lightening. The offensive line has been really good and Grove/Spencerville/North Baltimore all loaded the box but were unable to contain. When they started to cheat in, Crestview hit the easy throws to the outside for big plays. It'll be interesting how TC approaches the game.

Crestview is just starting to hit their stride and find what works best for them. The Crestview that played Grove in week 5 and Spencerville in week 6 did not look like the same team that played weeks 1-3

Like they normally do, Crestview is hitting their stride at the right time. Coach Owens understands playoff football and will have the Knights ready to go! Calvert is a good team, but I am not sure they have seen the type of physicality that Crestview brings. Coach O will run it down their throat play after play and it will be up to them to stop it. I like the Knights chances and should be a good game. Usually in playoffs, the more physical team wins...I would give that edge to Crestview. Playing Spencerville twice and Grove gives them the edge in this game!

And then there were three....

Columbus Grove vs. Tinora
Crestview vs. Spencerville (round 3)

I look for the Crestview/Spencerville game to be a real battle but I think Crestview is playing a notch above right now.

Curious to see/hear the Crestview vs Spencerville game. Hoping AC gets a big lead in their first sectional game to let me view or listen to the radio to Crestview. I didn't see the 2nd game, but there wasn't much to play for in that one. Saw a decent portion of the first game though I had 3 other windows open on the laptop. Just curious which of the 2 games this 3rd one will reflect. It seems Crestview is heading the right direction at this point, but outside of the last meeting Spencerville has been a thorn in their side.

Curious to see/hear the Crestview vs Spencerville game. Hoping AC gets a big lead in their first sectional game to let me view or listen to the radio to Crestview. I didn't see the 2nd game, but there wasn't much to play for in that one. Saw a decent portion of the first game though I had 3 other windows open on the laptop. Just curious which of the 2 games this 3rd one will reflect. It seems Crestview is heading the right direction at this point, but outside of the last meeting Spencerville has been a thorn in their side.
I heard Crestview volleyball cancelled and forfeited their game with Marion Local on Thursday. Is this going to affect the football game with Spencerville this weekend?

I heard Crestview volleyball cancelled and forfeited their game with Marion Local on Thursday. Is this going to affect the football game with Spencerville this weekend?
@cknights would be better to answer. My step kids have been doing alternate learning at Crestview. They have the kids into 2 groups where one group goes Mon, Wed, and every other Friday and the other group goes Tuesday, Thursday and the opposite Friday for in person. Have a feeling soon it will be online only, especially an article I saw about DeWine making another announcement about numbers going up. I know the main team that could have stopped us in Indiana from winning the sectional had to forfeit round 1 due to it. They were undefeated and it probably would have been a good game against them. Hopefully we (AC) don't suffer that fate, and even hope SA doesn't either bc they are a legit state title contender in 1A. It is concerning that Parkway canceled football season due to COVID and not for the other reasons that were rumors. Also heard it's not good in Delphos currently either. Could be an issue for Spencerville then as well.

As of right now, no. It will not. However, due to at least one positive on the volleyball team, they forfeited.

As of right now, no. It will not. However, due to at least one positive on the volleyball team, they forfeited.
Getting that feeling like the end of winter sports was getting last year. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can see DeWine & Holcomb having to shut down the OHSAA & IHSAA tournaments for the fall again.

Getting that feeling like the end of winter sports was getting last year. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I can see DeWine & Holcomb having to shut down the OHSAA & IHSAA tournaments for the fall again.
Its trending that way. Its a matter of time. Right now, I'm glad those that can, are continuing.

DeWine takes action like he did last spring and he'll be gone in a second. Nothing will get shut down again, he'll just keep up his publicity stunt of blaming everyone not wearing masks and going to weddings and BBQ's for increased cases.

As of now, I hear the Knights FB team has all hands on deck for tomorrow’s game. Should be a good one and a historical one. Playing a team three times in a season has probably not happened many times (if any) in OHSAA football at any division. Ready to get this game going. Just hope the weather holds up!

As of now, I hear the Knights FB team has all hands on deck for tomorrow’s game. Should be a good one and a historical one. Playing a team three times in a season has probably not happened many times (if any) in OHSAA football at any division. Ready to get this game going. Just hope the weather holds up!
Bingo. Never happened in the state of Ohio. Three games between two teams. Crestview 41-28. LCC up next.

Down to two....

Crestview vs. LCC
Columbus Grove vs. Archbold

LCC loaded with talent and athletes, does losing Thomas give Crestview a chance?

Grove and Archbold both loaded with athletes, this should be a great game. Give the edge slightly to Archbold.

Down to two....

Crestview vs. LCC
Columbus Grove vs. Archbold

LCC loaded with talent and athletes, does losing Thomas give Crestview a chance?

Grove and Archbold both loaded with athletes, this should be a great game. Give the edge slightly to Archbold.

I'm picking my Dogs to take down Archbold in what should be another great game. Region 22 has had some incredible games this year. Crestview has massively improved and had a good run, but I don't think they can stop LCC. I wasn't aware LCC lost Thomas, to injury or covid? Hopefully he doesn't end on an injury, kid's had a heck of a career.

I'm picking my Dogs to take down Archbold in what should be another great game. Region 22 has had some incredible games this year. Crestview has massively improved and had a good run, but I don't think they can stop LCC. I wasn't aware LCC lost Thomas, to injury or covid? Hopefully he doesn't end on an injury, kid's had a heck of a career.
I heard possibly broken foot/ankle from Friday's game?

That's disappointing to hear. I thought they had a legitimate state championship shot this season, they're still a good team but he was clearly their workhorse. Hate to see it
Broken foot. I'm not sure it matters vs. Crestview. They are still chalked with talent. However, it does give Crestview a fighting chance. As I said at the beginning of the playoffs, Crestview is a top 3 or so team in the region. Vastly underrated. But, if I am being real, I will take our boys to fight to the end and likely fall to the T Birds. I foresee a huge regional final showdown with Thomas out.

As for Grove, they will have their hands full. I expected a little more out of them last game. It'll be a tight one as well. But Grove is simply getting it done this year. I'll take the dogs.

NWOAL > NWC.

Archbold in a good one over Grove.
I know Grove has beat PH a few times in early regular season match ups but I would venture to say that the NWC has not faired well against the NWOAL in the post season over the years.

I know Grove has beat PH a few times in early regular season match ups but I would venture to say that the NWC has not faired well against the NWOAL in the post season over the years.

I can't speak for the whole league, but Grove is 0-3 against the NWOAL in the post-season. 0-2 against Liberty Center and 0-1 against Patrick Henry, all back in the 90's, they haven't matched up with another NWOAL team in the playoffs until this weekend. Since picking up the PH game a few years ago PH has the slight edge winning 3 of the 5 so far, but all 5 games have been good, competitive games (We got robbed of it this year but I would have picked Grove to win handily). 2 years ago both teams were 0-2 going into the week 3 matchup and both won or tied for their conferences through the rest of the season and made the playoffs.

As a whole I think the NWOAL has been better from top to bottom than the NWC, but the top 2-3 teams are very comparable to each other. The Allen East vs. Liberty Center game on Friday should give a good preview of the competition for Saturday.