Northwest Conference 2020

Honestly, the "offer" is basically a roster spot because that program believes you are good enough to play at that school after being evaluated by their recruiting coach or position coach. Obviously, getting into the DIII school is the next step after that. Some schools won't send those "offers" until after that student is accepted the school but every program does it differently/
That is the sole offer. D-III schools cannot give extra financial consideration to athletes. Does it happen? Yes, because D-III is self-policed. Prospective students are given an estimate as to their financial aid package. Some schools ask a recruit to let them see the estimate from another school and are magically able to find another $500 (or whatever amount) to sweeten their "offer." It's unethical and against the rules but if other schools don't blow the whistle it continues.

NWC Tourney:
#1 West Spencerville vs #4 East Ada
# 2 East Allen East vs # 3 West Paulding
#1 East Columbus Grove vs # 4 West Delphos Jefferson
#2 West Crestview vs # 3 East Bluffton

Bluffton and Crestview has potential to be a good game. I think that AE will wipe Paulding off the field.
Paulding gave up 600+ yards to Delphos two weeks ago.
I would have agreed with you last week, but after watching the Ada/Bluffton game, I don't think Bluffton will stay with Crestview. Granted I have not watched Crestview, but Ada/Bluffton, neither team could stop anything. Both looked horrid I am sorry to say

Bluffton has given up 41, 46, and 46. It seems like Crestview can slow them down in a way Ada cannot. You may be right about Paulding and Allen East. They hunkered down against the run but could be iffy against the wide open stuff. If teams insist on leaving three linebackers in the box they are asking for trouble vs basketball on grass.

NWC Tourney:
#1 West Spencerville vs #4 East Ada
# 2 East Allen East vs # 3 West Paulding
#1 East Columbus Grove vs # 4 West Delphos Jefferson
#2 West Crestview vs # 3 East Bluffton

I'm taking high seeds in every game this week. Before Bluffton played Ada I thought they might be able to give Crestview a game because their offense is massively improved and I haven't seen anything of Crestview's D, but Bluffton can't stop anyone especially someone as big and physical as Brecht. Paulding won't be disciplined enough to stop Allen East's offense, and AE's defense seems to be able to stop or at least slow down everyone except Spencerville's wing T in the last 2 years. 1's vs. 4's should both be blowouts.

Bluffton and Crestview has potential to be a good game. I think that AE will wipe Paulding off the field.
Paulding gave up 600+ yards to Delphos two weeks ago.
Say what......Bluffton and Crestview? Crestview gave up 6 (Jefferson) and 14 (Paulding) the last two games respectively. We have lost 4 of the last five to Spencerville. That Wing T has been problematic for years! So, I take that loss with a grain of salt. I could be mistaken. But, I'm not sure any of these games are super exciting.

Ada is not playing any more football games this year. From what I’ve heard it’s not at all Covid-related.

Attachments

• 131C750E-372F-49B9-85EC-E941B5F83EB0.jpeg
    131C750E-372F-49B9-85EC-E941B5F83EB0.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 29
Not COVID at all. Unbelievable ??
Possibly looking at 8 man in the future? Another once proud small school (state champion in 01) had to cancel their season in Indiana. They went to JV only since they had numbers in the mid 20's but most were freshmen. So far the IHSAA has turned down 8 man, but it's just a matter of time. Luckily you guys have that in Ohio with the OHSAA. Only way to go is up from here.

Possibly looking at 8 man in the future? Another once proud small school (state champion in 01) had to cancel their season in Indiana. They went to JV only since they had numbers in the mid 20's but most were freshmen. So far the IHSAA has turned down 8 man, but it's just a matter of time. Luckily you guys have that in Ohio with the OHSAA. Only way to go is up from here.
Don't think 8 man is the answer in Ada

What is the answer?
I am just saying I dont think it is too far fetched to think Ada can support 11 man football. They have been averaging 60-80 kids in each class last few years (think it was around 110-115 boys top 4 grades last few years) which is usually enough to play 11 man.

I don't want to be that guy but I have 2 points I would like to discuss:

1. Dont you think Ada is too small to have both football and soccer?

2. Has there ever been a study on if a consolidation of Hardin Northern and Ada would work?

I don't want to be that guy but I have 2 points I would like to discuss:

1. Dont you think Ada is too small to have both football and soccer?

2. Has there ever been a study on if a consolidation of Hardin Northern and Ada would work?
Actually I think the idea was tossed around, back in 80's maybe, of HN/Ada combining but that was more people just talking nothing like official talks