Northwest Conference 2020

Ada vs. Allen East wont be close
Bluffton vs. Grove same as above
Crestview vs. Spencerville by a TD
Jefferson vs. Paulding wouldn't surprise me to see this a DJ win

There’s enough room for 150-200 fans to safely sit on the visiting side.

Correction: there’s room for about 800-1,000 healthy fans to safely sit on the visiting side ?

I think most of the league is planning on having 2 tickets available for each visiting player. 15% capacity at stadiums is stupid anyway, but we’re living in stupid times.

crestview was never not gonna get tickets from spencerville. saying otherwise is not true.
So it was a ploy? Crestview was being duped? You have insider info? Until THIS AFTERNOON, we were told spencerville had no tickets for us. It’s their call. I’m glad they released 2 to each parent and cheer parent. We will buy them all.

Correction: there’s room for about 800-1,000 healthy fans to safely sit on the visiting side ?

I think most of the league is planning on having 2 tickets available for each visiting player. 15% capacity at stadiums is stupid anyway, but we’re living in stupid times.
We are making two available to players, cheer, coaches, etc and trying to accommodate more with standing room for our visitors and home fans.

We are making two available to players, cheer, coaches, etc and trying to accommodate more with standing room for our visitors and home fans.

I saw on twitter that the live stream of this game was going to be shown at the theatre in Van Wert. Odd that you can't go to the game, which is outside, but can gather at a theatre which is inside to watch the game.

That’s such a crock. Why wait until it’s game week to make a decision on visiting spectators? The conference should have voted for or against visiting spectators when schedules came out a couple weeks ago. I think most schools are doing 2 tickets per athlete for away games. I digress, you’re right about Spencerville’s seating capacity. There’s enough room for 150-200 fans to safely sit on the visiting side. If that’s accurate it’s a tremendous failure on the part of the leadership of the conference IMO.

You need to realize our great (/s) governor sets the limit on number of fans right? 15% of stadium capacity which in most cases limits it to players parents.

So it was a ploy? Crestview was being duped? You have insider info? Until THIS AFTERNOON, we were told spencerville had no tickets for us. It’s their call. I’m glad they released 2 to each parent and cheer parent. We will buy them all.

Sounds like either rumors or most likely miscommunication. From what I've heard since the capacity limits were announced last week, every league school has been planning to offer 2 tickets for each player of away teams if their capacity allows it. I don't think Crestview even has enough for Grove to get 2 tickets per kid. Not blaming Crestview at all, I understand the capacity limits are stupid and they're doing whatever they can. Just gotta understand that pretty much every school thought they had a safe plan ready to go, then DeWine threw them a curve ball one week before games and left them all scrambling

Sounds like either rumors or most likely miscommunication. From what I've heard since the capacity limits were announced last week, every league school has been planning to offer 2 tickets for each player of away teams if their capacity allows it. I don't think Crestview even has enough for Grove to get 2 tickets per kid. Not blaming Crestview at all, I understand the capacity limits are stupid and they're doing whatever they can. Just gotta understand that pretty much every school thought they had a safe plan ready to go, then DeWine threw them a curve ball one week before games and left them all scrambling
If Grove somehow ends up at Crestview in the playoffs, there will be two tickets to each player's parents. We are finding ways to accommodate on the "grounds" of the sports complex and not just the seating. There's alot that can be done on the "grounds" that allows for fans to be let in.

As far as the ticket situation goes, its resolved. There was some inner dispute to begin the week but the conference is sticking to its original plan from last Saturday's meeting to allow two tickets to each opposing team's players.

im saying you were either misinformed or lying. only you know the real answer. but there was never a scenario where you werent going to get tickets from spencerville

im saying you were either misinformed or lying. only you know the real answer. but there was never a scenario where you werent going to get tickets from spencerville
Neither. If you are an NWC fan, come out and say where you are from. If not, stalking around and acting like you actually know what's going on isn't helping. Spencerville originally wasn't releasing tickets. An NWC press release went out in the papers yesterday and suddenly we got tickets. Its over now. Nothing but respect for Spencerville but a bit upset that we potentially were being shut out.

Neither. If you are an NWC fan, come out and say where you are from. If not, stalking around and acting like you actually know what's going on isn't helping. Spencerville originally wasn't releasing tickets. An NWC press release went out in the papers yesterday and suddenly we got tickets. Its over now. Nothing but respect for Spencerville but a bit upset that we potentially were being shut out.

Working out all of the individual details for seating tickets etc. made last week difficult for athletic directors and school administrators. Local health departments had to approve facility plans which might have played into slowing the process down. Calling spencerville out without all of the facts isnt fair especially if you are citing a Saturday meeting and a press release as your evidence. No way Ad's were meeting on Saturday. Especially the first weekend of the sports season. Guaranteed tbey were fighting fans over mask, seating and tickets at volleyball, soccer etc.

Working out all of the individual details for seating tickets etc. made last week difficult for athletic directors and school administrators. Local health departments had to approve facility plans which might have played into slowing the process down. Calling spencerville out without all of the facts isnt fair especially if you are citing a Saturday meeting and a press release as your evidence. No way Ad's were meeting on Saturday. Especially the first weekend of the sports season. Guaranteed tbey were fighting fans over mask, seating and tickets at volleyball, soccer etc.
ADs met Friday. That's my hiccup.

I GET TICKETS. I know exactly what I was told by the powers that be. Things changed course yesterday afternoon. Sorry if you don't like me calling out spencerville. I will do it as they weren't originally allotting any tickets to our crowd. Do you really think our 40 man roster/us parents don't have all of the information?

Well...Grove has 54 players on the team. I'm hoping we don't have to play at a stadium that only gives out 50 tickets.

In my opinion....I think that each player should be able to get as many tickets as they have siblings and parents in their family. But I know that this is not the reality that we are dealing with. We can only hope that our "wonderful" Governor will ease the restrictions that are not legal in the 1st place.

Well...Grove has 54 players on the team. I'm hoping we don't have to play at a stadium that only gives out 50 tickets.

In my opinion....I think that each player should be able to get as many tickets as they have siblings and parents in their family. But I know that this is not the reality that we are dealing with. We can only hope that our "wonderful" Governor will ease the restrictions that are not legal in the 1st place.
IF we host, I am nearly certain that we will make as many available as possible to accomidate the team. I too believe that "entire families" should be let in. But, these one size fits all orders just don't do the trick. Crestview's seating capacity is around 240 with the 15%. One third (the NWC's agreed upon visitor seating tickets) would be 80. Add in standing room capacity and "grounds" capacity, and I could see 54 players, coaches families, plus cheerleaders getting two per person. Every team in the small schools need to stop looking at stands and start marking out areas for lawn chair seating and standing room areas. We have ours marked out to some extent already.

All of that said, I think that tomorrow's game will be the deciding factor if Crestview would host or play away against the winner of Allen East and Columbus Grove in the second round (if everything plays out as expected this season). Not looking forward to paying $10 a ticket at Allen East if that is the case!

IF we host, I am nearly certain that we will make as many available as possible to accomidate the team. I too believe that "entire families" should be let in. But, these one size fits all orders just don't do the trick. Crestview's seating capacity is around 240 with the 15%. One third (the NWC's agreed upon visitor seating tickets) would be 80. Add in standing room capacity and "grounds" capacity, and I could see 54 players, coaches families, plus cheerleaders getting two per person. Every team in the small schools need to stop looking at stands and start marking out areas for lawn chair seating and standing room areas. We have ours marked out to some extent already.

All of that said, I think that tomorrow's game will be the deciding factor if Crestview would host or play away against the winner of Allen East and Columbus Grove in the second round (if everything plays out as expected this season). Not looking forward to paying $10 a ticket at Allen East if that is the case!
while I think lawn chairs is a GREAT idea, a couple schools in my area have shot that idea down. the lone school allowing it (that I know of) is Bellefontaine.

while I think lawn chairs is a GREAT idea, a couple schools in my area have shot that idea down. the lone school allowing it (that I know of) is Bellefontaine.
I believe the Lt Governor had issued a statement to schools asking about it saying that they kept the term "grounds" out of the order for the very reason of having lawn chair and standing room capability. But each school has to decide for themselves.

I know some schools that are bringing in portable bleachers to increase their capacity. At least they were looking into the possibility to do so . AE was one of them if I heard correctly

Looking thru the NWC games /scores & Stats, i found it very interesting the stats from the Paulding/Delphos Jeff shoot out. Finial score was 5)-48 in OT, with both teams scoring in OT but DJ failing to convert while Paulding scored the 2pt conversion
The stats verify just how close this game was Note the total yards

I know some schools that are bringing in portable bleachers to increase their capacity. At least they were looking into the possibility to do so . AE was one of them if I heard correctly
AE rented bleachers from the Allen County Fair just to have enough capacity for their fans. Let alone the other team's.

AE rented bleachers from the Allen County Fair just to have enough capacity for their fans. Let alone the other team's.
Their bleachers aren't that small. They probably can seat close to 2000 there. How many tickets do their fans need?

Watched the Crestview/Spencerville game on WOSN. Good first half, but second half just dominated by Spencerville. Spencerville's backs looked fast and Crestview's defense (especially defensive ends) looked slow. Offensively, it was what we all expected for Crestview, hand off to Brecht and let him rumble. Was not overly impressed with Crestview's QB, besides the long pass to #20 early in the game, most of his balls looked like they floated.

Grove and Allen East looked really good, while playing lesser opponents. Paulding/Jefferson was quite the shoot out. Thoughts on this week?

Ada @ Columbus Grove
Allen East @ Bluffton
Crestview @ Paulding
Spencerville @ Jefferson

Watched the Crestview/Spencerville game on WOSN. Good first half, but second half just dominated by Spencerville. Spencerville's backs looked fast and Crestview's defense (especially defensive ends) looked slow. Offensively, it was what we all expected for Crestview, hand off to Brecht and let him rumble. Was not overly impressed with Crestview's QB, besides the long pass to #20 early in the game, most of his balls looked like they floated.

Grove and Allen East looked really good, while playing lesser opponents. Paulding/Jefferson was quite the shoot out. Thoughts on this week?

Ada @ Columbus Grove
Allen East @ Bluffton
Crestview @ Paulding
Spencerville @ Jefferson
Will any of this week's games be competitive? Probably not.

Their bleachers aren't that small. They probably can seat close to 2000 there. How many tickets do their fans need?
Believe the number of kids in their band was the problem. They've got something like 85-90 kids in the band.

Will any of this week's games be competitive? Probably not.
Probably Paulding and Crestview if I had to guess. I don't think Crestview is that good outside of the Brecht kid and Paulding is better than people think and just have to shore up that defense this week.

Probably Paulding and Crestview if I had to guess. I don't think Crestview is that good outside of the Brecht kid and Paulding is better than people think and just have to shore up that defense this week.
I agree, I think Paulding will give Crestview all they can handle, and possibly win that game. It was the first game and Spencerville is a tough opponent to open with, but Crestview looked average at best. Very predictable offensively and don't seem to have the athletes to match up with the upper level teams defensively.

Ada @ Columbus Grove
Allen East @ Bluffton
Crestview @ Paulding
Spencerville @ Jefferson

Crestview has still to figure out the Spencerville run game. It was the same thing when I watched back in 2017 in person when Spencerville beat them at home. They didn't handle the pulling guards very well on defense.

Crestview has still to figure out the Spencerville run game. It was the same thing when I watched back in 2017 in person when Spencerville beat them at home. They didn't handle the pulling guards very well on defense.
Lost 4 out of 5 to Spencerville. Our defense looks very suspect. There were some flashes on offense. Rontae Jackson blew by the defensive back on the first drive and had a great catch to set up the first TD of the game. He is young but will be a great receiver with some reps in. Ward is pretty slow at QB. Probably the first time in at least ten years (excluding last year with the QB by committee) that Crestview has not had a great run threat in that spot. Gerardot and Brecht will be just fine in the offense. Maybe one more weapon needed but the offense will be fine. As for the defense, I'm not sure our outside LBs and defensive backs made anything happen. Very poor tackling/breaking away from blocks.

I wouldn't expect Paulding to be a huge challenge, but you never know given the way the outside defense played Friday.

No one ever looks great against Spencerville. They eat clock and once they got up by two scores in the fourth, its hard to press and win. But, I'm not ready to call Crestview a middle of the road team as suggested, at least not yet.

Lost 4 out of 5 to Spencerville. Our defense looks very suspect. There were some flashes on offense. Rontae Jackson blew by the defensive back on the first drive and had a great catch to set up the first TD of the game. He is young but will be a great receiver with some reps in. Ward is pretty slow at QB. Probably the first time in at least ten years (excluding last year with the QB by committee) that Crestview has not had a great run threat in that spot. Gerardot and Brecht will be just fine in the offense. Maybe one more weapon needed but the offense will be fine. As for the defense, I'm not sure our outside LBs and defensive backs made anything happen. Very poor tackling/breaking away from blocks.

I wouldn't expect Paulding to be a huge challenge, but you never know given the way the outside defense played Friday.

No one ever looks great against Spencerville. They eat clock and once they got up by two scores in the fourth, its hard to press and win. But, I'm not ready to call Crestview a middle of the road team as suggested, at least not yet.

I think this week will determine if they're a top 4 team in the conference. Right now they're in that 3 to 4 spot, but if they don't take care of business against Paulding, they're in that 4 to 6 range.