Northwest Conference 2019

Do you do any research before you spout off? All you have to do is go to the MAC website and check coaching records. Do I need to tell you the truth or are going to keep repeating the same BS?
Instead of being a miserable hot head. Maybe you can just correct me next time? 4 coaches in 5 years. There happy now.

Watched the Ada/Perry scrimmage today and came away with mixed feelings. (only watched the 1's play game simulation with kick offs and punts, but no returns allowed)
Perry has some fine athletes and nice QB. If refs were not so quick with blowing plays dead today, QB would have made some nice gainers while scrambling.
Ada O went to more of the spread again this year utilizing the run and RB out of the back field. Would dink and dunk, then go for home run ball. Definitely have some work to do before next week to face New Bremen
D wise, Ada D looked good but did get burned on several long pass plays (Perry has a couple real nice looking receivers with great hands)

Numbers for the teams: Looks like Perry had around 30-35 kids dressed give or take, while Ada seems to have better than normal numbers this year with around 50 kids
Be interesting to see if Ada can work the kinks out and make a big jump from last years dismal season. 1st few game are crucial

Numbers for the teams: Looks like Perry had around 30-35 kids dressed give or take, while Ada seems to have better than normal numbers this year with around 50 kids
Be interesting to see if Ada can work the kinks out and make a big jump from last years dismal season. 1st few game are crucial

It's good to see that Ada is getting some numbers back! I've heard their Junior High program has been in the top few teams in the NWC the past 2 years, so I assumed they'd be seeing some increases soon

Watched the Ada/Perry scrimmage today and came away with mixed feelings. (only watched the 1's play game simulation with kick offs and punts, but no returns allowed)
Perry has some fine athletes and nice QB. If refs were not so quick with blowing plays dead today, QB would have made some nice gainers while scrambling.
Ada O went to more of the spread again this year utilizing the run and RB out of the back field. Would dink and dunk, then go for home run ball. Definitely have some work to do before next week to face New Bremen
D wise, Ada D looked good but did get burned on several long pass plays (Perry has a couple real nice looking receivers with great hands)

Wow. Sounds like a real positive review. And 50 kids for Ada is awesome. Bigger numbers means more athletes coming out to play. Looking forward to football friday night to see how everyone fares!

It's good to see that Ada is getting some numbers back! I've heard their Junior High program has been in the top few teams in the NWC the past 2 years, so I assumed they'd be seeing some increases soon
Birddog, what are your thoughts of Grove opening up at Pandora and then vs Leipsic. Battle tested the first two weeks or have you heard much of a scouting report on either team?

Birddog, what are your thoughts of Grove opening up at Pandora and then vs Leipsic. Battle tested the first two weeks or have you heard much of a scouting report on either team?

Both should be huge games, and must-win games for Grove to make the post season. Pandora from what I've heard is a little down from last year but still competitive. I haven't heard anything about Leipsic but saw in their Findlay Courier preview that they've got a lot of kids out and a good number of returning starters that beat Grove pretty good last year.

On top of weeks 1 and 2, Grove is at Patrick Henry in week 3, and they should be loaded. PH is my personal pick to win their region in D7 this year. Grove's first 3 weeks could very well be their toughest games of the regular season. If they come out of the first 3 weeks at 3-0 or 2-1 they should have a good year and shot at the playoffs

Any thoughts after week 1? I know it's hard to judge with all non-conference games but any surprises or let downs after the first week?

Any thoughts after week 1? I know it's hard to judge with all non-conference games but any surprises or let downs after the first week?
It looks like Spencerville and Grove played well and Bluffton with a nice win. Allen East beating cross town rival Bath was a big NWC win. My Knights played hard but looks to be a season that they need to grow upon and get some youth up to speed. As expected, I would say that Grove and Spencerville will battle it out for the NWC and the rest of the conference will fall in place.

The league is very average at best this yet.

After week 1 here is how I predict it will be at season's end.

Grove
Allen East
Spencerville
Paulding
Crestview
Ada
Bluffton
Delphos Jefferson

It's really tough after the top 4. I think Crestview might be the better of those teams due to coaching and sheer will power of Brecht.

Ada needs to learn how to play defense. Bluffton....eh. Delphos Jefferson is way too young with new system.

I think that Allen East/Grove game week 4 is huge.

Ada was disappointing to say the least, but in their defense, NB is good. NB players are fast and athletic. Will be curious to see where they land in the always tough MAC this year

Wow, NWC not starting out too well this year. I didn't think the conference would be great this year, but never expected a 5-11 start in OOC

Grove
Allen East
Spencerville
Bluffton
Crestview
Ada
Paulding
Delphos Jefferson

I do believe that Grove was beat by a solid team last week and Allen East is a pleasant surprise. Outside of that, I am reaching for positives. Spencerville doing "worse" against Parkway than Crestview was a shock. Crestview needs to become more than a one man show. I thought Ada could have performed better than their 30 point loss. Not sure how many late ones that was. As for teams like Bluffton and Paulding, there is no reason they cannot try to make a run at the conference. As for a team that I see going deep in the playoffs? Hard to tell at this point. Improvement throughout the season will be key.

Grove
Allen East
Spencerville
Bluffton
Crestview
Ada
Paulding
Delphos Jefferson

I do believe that Grove was beat by a solid team last week and Allen East is a pleasant surprise. Outside of that, I am reaching for positives. Spencerville doing "worse" against Parkway than Crestview was a shock. Crestview needs to become more than a one man show. I thought Ada could have performed better than their 30 point loss. Not sure how many late ones that was. As for teams like Bluffton and Paulding, there is no reason they cannot try to make a run at the conference. As for a team that I see going deep in the playoffs? Hard to tell at this point. Improvement throughout the season will be key.
If you are talking about the NB game, Ada was never in the game after mid 1st qtr. And if they dont get a handle on the penalties, they are in a for a long season. Too many times the Dogs would be doing something right (and this is in both games) and then a dumb penalty would bite them, costing them 15 yards . They need to get some discipline and avoid these costly mistakes

NWC closes out of conference schedule and goes into conference play sitting at 11-13. Allen East is leading the pack with a 3-0 record with Bluffton right behind at 2-1. All the rest of the teams are sitting at 1-2 for the season
Any surprises for anyone so far this season?

Its hard to compare Bluffton's 2-1 record to Grove's 1-2. Bluffton lost to the team that Grove beat. Allen East is about where I though they would be. Spencerville is down a little more than I thought.
I'll stick with my predictions I made earlier for the time being.

Its hard to compare Bluffton's 2-1 record to Grove's 1-2. Bluffton lost to the team that Grove beat. Allen East is about where I though they would be. Spencerville is down a little more than I thought.

Grove played 3 teams that all should make the playoffs, unless one of them drops off massively. Bluffton played one of them and lost and beat up on 2 very bad teams.

Spencerville must be more down than I thought. I figured LCC would beat them but not Parkway, unless Parkway has just improved that much.

Allen East looks good. I expected them to start off 2-0 but the win over Wynford was a bit of a suprise. Allen East at Grove this week could end up being the best conference game of the year.

I'll stick with my predictions I made earlier for the time being.
I agree. Grove definitely is better than their record indicates and Bluffton not as good as theirs. Was just throwing it out there where teams were. I will be watching Bluffton/Ada this week which could go towards who
ends up close to the bottom of the standings at the end of the year

I agree. Grove definitely is better than their record indicates and Bluffton not as good as theirs. Was just throwing it out there where teams were. I will be watching Bluffton/Ada this week which could go towards who
ends up close to the bottom of the standings at the end of the year
I'm going with Ada in that one.
I also think that Crestview, Grove, and Spencerville will win this week. Paulding will give Spencerville a game. They have a couple of good running backs and a very serviceable QB. IF they play well they might surprise someone.

I'm going with Ada in that one.
I also think that Crestview, Grove, and Spencerville will win this week. Paulding will give Spencerville a game. They have a couple of good running backs and a very serviceable QB. IF they play well they might surprise someone.
If Ada stays away from STUPID penalties, then they can win this. If they come out undisciplined like they have been, it could be a long night for the dogs. They have the talent to compete in the NWC but cannot keep accumulating PF's and expect to win

Meant to add, tomorrow night is Ada's Military Appreciation game. I know a lot of schools have these now and I for one think it's cool as hell and well deserved. Thank You Vets and active duty military

Allen East the surprise so far? Maybe Bluffton? Curious what Bluffton has. It sounds like a solid running game. I'm expecting a hard hitting game Friday night with them and my Knights.

Allen East the surprise so far? Maybe Bluffton? Curious what Bluffton has. It sounds like a solid running game. I'm expecting a hard hitting game Friday night with them and my Knights.
I would look foolish if I said Blufftons running game was not impressive. After seeing them put up 480 rushing yards last week, yes i would say they have a solid running game. Their O Line was very disciplined and opened some very nice holes that their RB's then totally eploited to the Pirates advantage.

I would look foolish if I said Blufftons running game was not impressive. After seeing them put up 480 rushing yards last week, yes i would say they have a solid running game. Their O Line was very disciplined and opened some very nice holes that their RB's then totally eploited to the Pirates advantage.
They run a flexbone offense with a triple option. I'm assuming their QB can run as well? It's an offense that can give any undisciplined linebackers fits. This game will probably either catapult Crestview's chances into a playoff run or will make it very hard for them to break the top 8 in their region. McComb, Leipsic, Patrick Henry, Norwalk St. Paul, and Edgerton all are going to be near locks for the playoffs in region 26 with a few more in the mix like PG who beat Bluffton. Must win game for the Knights.

Neff is Blufftons stud RB and he is a load. He set their school record against Ada with 315yds plus/minus. The QB would run if needed but against the Dogs, Neff was enough.

Any opinion changes after week 2 of conference play? The only game that surprised me was Spencerville over AE. I expected AE to win pretty handily but they must've been down after a big week 4 win and Spencerville came ready to play

I think Paulding will give bluffton all they can handle for homecoming and is it possible that no nwc school makes the playoffs??

I think Paulding will give bluffton all they can handle for homecoming and is it possible that no nwc school makes the playoffs??
Crestview has a legit shot at the playoffs. They have their senior QB back and the Brecht kid has around 900 yards rushing so far. I believe Pasteur has them at an 88% chance to make the playoffs if they knock off Grove this week. Its still a long road. If they can go 6-4 as projected (I give them a shot at every team from here out given the past two games), then they will be in. Likely will get to meet McComb or Leipsic etc. though. Some monsters in region 26.

Not sure if any NWC team will make it this year as well. Sad part of it is, NWC is so down this year, even if AE closes out at 9-1, they may still miss the play offs