Northwest’s Joe Harbour Steps down

Now the big question will be who he brings in as a staff or if he will keep some of what is already in place. I'm okay with keeping some of the assistants, but a few changes need made...or at least relocated to somewhere else on the field. That is just my opinion, but I have heard enough complaints from enough people that should make it obvious. We will see.

w
You guys should be successful no matter who you hire in the short term at least.
From what I was told, the 7th graders went undefeated this season and the kids that will be going into 7th grade had a lot of success at the youth level for 3 or 4 years. So hopefully for several years to come. Don’t get me wrong, I do understand that the game is completely different as they all get older, but I also believe that winning is a culture. If the kids are use to winning at a young age and each season, they put in the effort to not lose..Manchester is a perfect example. “Tradition doesn’t graduate” or whatever their stupid saying is, but if you think about it, nobody at Manchester wants to be on the team or the class that has the first loosing season in a million years. They have built a winning culture (That’s the only positive thing you will ever hear me say about Manchester). Anyway, it at least gives the fans at NW something to look forward to

w

From what I was told, the 7th graders went undefeated this season and the kids that will be going into 7th grade had a lot of success at the youth level for 3 or 4 years. So hopefully for several years to come. Don’t get me wrong, I do understand that the game is completely different as they all get older, but I also believe that winning is a culture. If the kids are use to winning at a young age and each season, they put in the effort to not lose..Manchester is a perfect example. “Tradition doesn’t graduate” or whatever their stupid saying is, but if you think about it, nobody at Manchester wants to be on the team or the class that has the first loosing season in a million years. They have built a winning culture (That’s the only positive thing you will ever hear me say about Manchester). Anyway, it at least gives the fans at NW something to look forward to

I think the 2021 class was very successful in jr high as well. It usually doesn't translate into varsity success like we think it should but it is notable. We just had a senior class where my son played that was very average in junior high. They ended up going b2b playoffs and one the first playoff game in history of the school. Puberty was a good thing for that class. I wish NW the best of luck with this hire. They have some talented kids and even though we have had success against them they are always classy and play the right way.

I always heard the issue with him was a lack of an off-season conditioning program.
The problem at Louisville was a couple of extremely wealthy parents, unhappy that their little pumpkins did not get to play the position(s) they wanted to. Then on top of that, a couple board members actively working against the program to try to revive the coaching career of a previous coach that was less than unscrupulous in his morality. When it was all said and done, just like in politics, those with money get what they want. DeMarco was given a list of things to do, he did them, and the monied interest said it still wasn't enough. Now, Louisville is like the Cleveland Browns...2 coaches, 2 years, new coach has long ties to old coach, but was not given the job a year ago.

Nov 29, 2019
I think John Demarco, who left Louisville and was the QB coach at Lake this year would be a good fit at NW. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I normally don’t pat myself on the back, but my suggestion was right on the money back on 11/29.
Hate to be a 1-upper...but I beat you by a week with my suggestion!

"
Nov 22, 2019
I don't think this idea would be as far flung as some...but if I was in charge at NW and I don't feel that some of the good young assistants are quite ready to be HC yet..I would put a call in to John DeMarco. He will be a retired teacher (No need for a teaching job), a very good QB coach, and with the talented QB NW has, he may be able to recreate some of those great Louisville offenses from the past. It can't hurt to try to contact him for his thoughts!

The problem at Louisville was a couple of extremely wealthy parents, unhappy that their little pumpkins did not get to play the position(s) they wanted to. Then on top of that, a couple board members actively working against the program to try to revive the coaching career of a previous coach that was less than unscrupulous in his morality. When it was all said and done, just like in politics, those with money get what they want. DeMarco was given a list of things to do, he did them, and the monied interest said it still wasn't enough. Now, Louisville is like the Cleveland Browns...2 coaches, 2 years, new coach has long ties to old coach, but was not given the job a year ago.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but have no idea what you're talking about.

The wealthy parents got nowhere, just caused the coaching staff to boycott the kickoff dinner. Great show of character by the way. The board members knew better than anyone that coach's ship had sailed. Not going to rehash reasons for non renewal because I respect JD and wish him well. Got me on your last point. Sticks in my craw.

The wealthy parents got nowhere, just caused the coaching staff to boycott the kickoff dinner. Great show of character by the way. The board members knew better than anyone that coach's ship had sailed. Not going to rehash reasons for non renewal because I respect JD and wish him well. Got me on your last point. Sticks in my craw.
You “respect JD” in one sentence and then back handed compliment him and his staff “great show of class” in another sentence.
The truth is that if it was not for the “know it all landscaper”, the “stay at home jelly daddy”, and the “wanna be senator” who came back home and got on the board bc of his last name, JD...who you respect would have just coached his last season and on his way to retirement...with more then a 5 win season.

Demarco won 70% of his games, three conference titles and three playoff appearances but that wasn't good enough for Louisville. If he does that at NW he will be cheered. Louisville just isn't as good as they thought they were. Besides, they helped boot NW out of the NBC back in the day, so now they get to enjoy life as an independent. Karma at its finest.

I respect JD as a man. I said character not class. And no sense, you just like to stir the pot. NW did not get booted, they served notice they may not have sports because of levy failures.

Hate to be a 1-upper...but I beat you by a week with my suggestion!

"
Nov 22, 2019
I don't think this idea would be as far flung as some...but if I was in charge at NW and I don't feel that some of the good young assistants are quite ready to be HC yet..I would put a call in to John DeMarco. He will be a retired teacher (No need for a teaching job), a very good QB coach, and with the talented QB NW has, he may be able to recreate some of those great Louisville offenses from the past. It can't hurt to try to contact him for his thoughts!
Didn‘t say I was first, smh, just suggested it would be a good fit.