Northwest’s Joe Harbour Steps down

Did not hear anything yet except since Hathaway seized football operations. Maybe he outta go to college recruiting night since it’s for the Kids. This is going to be a train-wreck

So...I heard today who will most likely be hired and who their OC will be...but I was told to keep it a secret for the time being. Hopefully a final decision will be made soon.

It is a relatively expected decision that I'm good with....not that my opinion matters to anyone of importance.

So...I heard today who will most likely be hired and who their OC will be...but I was told to keep it a secret for the time being. Hopefully a final decision will be made soon.

It is a relatively expected decision that I'm good with....not that my opinion matters to anyone of importance.

If it’s who I’ve been hearing too I’m good with it too

Hearing Jay Rohr may apply for this job. Had a heck of a season at Jackson. His old teammate is now the principal at NW too
Well if it's Coach Rohr, that would certainly be a loss to Jackson and a great get for NW. He bleeds Purple but this could make sense geographically and career-wise for him. Class man, and cannot say enough good things about him.

With the right coach, running an offense that utilizes the talent we have vs the offense installed, there can be alot of wins in the future.
There have been serious problems with discipline and over the last several years that is getting cleaned up. Lets hope the right coach regardless of age will do both.

With the right coach, running an offense that utilizes the talent we have vs the offense installed, there can be alot of wins in the future.
There have been serious problems with discipline and over the last several years that is getting cleaned up. Lets hope the right coach regardless of age will do both.

What exactly is that offense that utilizes NW talent. What scheme should they be running? Everyone on here complains about Play calling and yet they seem to score points. Sure they have laid eggs like Manchester this year but I recall hearing a guy complain about play calling after the Orrville game on Facebook and yet NW scores 43 points? :ROFLMAO:

If it is the coach I was told, discipline will not be a problem. This coach doesn't take crap from anyone and isn't afraid to bench people or kick them off the team if need be.

I will say that the potential OC was one of the brightest football minded players I have ever seen at NW and have full confidence that he will run a good offense (especially if it is the offense he played under - some of the best NW teams we have ever had).

We will see....

I will say...it isn't Coach Rohr, but he has been named in this thread at least once... I think.

If it is the coach I was told, discipline will not be a problem. This coach doesn't take crap from anyone and isn't afraid to bench people or kick them off the team if need be.

I will say that the potential OC was one of the brightest football minded players I have ever seen at NW and have full confidence that he will run a good offense (especially if it is the offense he played under - some of the best NW teams we have ever had).

We will see....

I will say...it isn't Coach Rohr, but he has been named in this thread at least once... I think.

We are thinking the same person then. I agree, hopefully Hathaway the AD doesn’t botch this up and since I’m apparently trailer park trash, I hope I didn’t offend you by posting and agreeing with you on this forum.

I've got no beef with you Infidel. We are cool. Really curious who you are though...…………… especially since you seem to have good info but don't call yourself a NW fan...

Hathaway is a super positive guy who is working his tail off to make Northwest a better place all the way around - go talk to him. He is a good man.

We will see....

NW01 - Hope they make a good choice. The '20 team will be have the talent to compete with CVCA for the league & make a run in the playoffs after just missing out in '19.
Ironically, I remember a few disappointed NW fans pointed out that Clyde was a really weak 8 seed in R14 who would get pounded in the first round and the state needed to change the way regions were setup. Funny how things shake out.

Hathaway is a super positive guy who is working his tail off to make Northwest a better place all the way around - go talk to him. He is a good man.

So I’m trailer park trash for questioning decisions made by the NW AD? I have no personal issue with Jason Hathaway director of Athletics of Northwest Local Schools.

But I ask you a simple question on what offense schematic would work at NW and you immediately go at my throat. This a forum and discussion page to discuss these things. So judging by your name should NW be running the Wing T?

NW01 - Hope they make a good choice. The '20 team will be have the talent to compete with CVCA for the league & make a run in the playoffs after just missing out in '19.
Ironically, I remember a few disappointed NW fans pointed out that Clyde was a really weak 8 seed in R14 who would get pounded in the first round and the state needed to change the way regions were setup. Funny how things shake out.
Northwest ohio can play some ball man

Got that right. Saw Oak Harbor & Clyde both this postseason and was impressed. Wondered about those monster twin lineman who transferred to OH from Clyde and how they felt after week 15. But that’s for another thread...

If it is Tanksley, that's good news for the rest of the PAC. Couldn't get it done at Norton. Check out the record as DC at Brecksville in 2018.

First, I’d like to say this is going to show as a new member and first post, which neither is true. It has been a few years since I posted, and forgot my user name/password. I actually forgot the email I used as well, so it was just easier to re-sign up. I follow Northwest the most (probably since we moved to Canal Fulton close to 10 yrs ago- it’s easy to be a home town fan) but I am a fan of hs football in general. Anyway, the following is a quote directly from an administrator at NW- who also happens to be my next door neighbor- when I asked him who the coach was going to be. “Tanksley is going to be the head coach. Everyone knows it, we just can’t make it official till the 13th.” I guess we can all speculate as much as we want, but I’m pretty confident in his knowledge. I don’t know a whole lot about Tanksley, other than he was on Whitings staff and was a HC at Green and Norton with less than impressive records at each school. I guess time will tell.

If it is Tanksley, that's good news for the rest of the PAC. Couldn't get it done at Norton. Check out the record as DC at Brecksville in 2018.

I disagree entirely

Tanksley was NW Defensive Coordinator from 1999-2009. Anybody that has been affiliated with Northwest football for years speaks highly of him. He was Vic’s right hand man for years and help turn Northwest into a state power during that time.

He Became a head coach at Norton a program that previously won 4 games in 5 years during that stretch and in his first year won 5 games. His best season was 8-2. He built their platform and got ran out of town because he requires discipline from his players and everyone’s mommy’s and daddy’s cried to the school board because little Jimmy and Timmy got caught smoking weed and violated team rules and he would can then. Tank one time booted their best player off the team because he wasn’t for the team and was cancer. He paid the price record wise his final couple years.

If Tank is hired. I would imagine Stroh would stay, Corey his son and current Wrestling Coach would be on staff and the likes of Kevin Stacey would be in play as a possible OC

I disagree entirely

Tanksley was NW Defensive Coordinator from 1999-2009. Anybody that has been affiliated with Northwest football for years speaks highly of him. He was Vic’s right hand man for years and help turn Northwest into a state power during that time.

He Became a head coach at Norton a program that previously won 4 games in 5 years during that stretch and in his first year won 5 games. His best season was 8-2. He built their platform and got ran out of town because he requires discipline from his players and everyone’s mommy’s and daddy’s cried to the school board because little Jimmy and Timmy got caught smoking weed and violated team rules and he would can then. Tank one time booted their best player off the team because he wasn’t for the team and was cancer. He paid the price record wise his final couple years.

If Tank is hired. I would imagine Stroh would stay, Corey his son and current Wrestling Coach would be on staff and the likes of Kevin Stacey would be in play as a possible OC

While I agree that during the time span you mentioned (99- 09) that Northwest was a solid program with much success, I have to disagree with your "state power" comment. Eitel doesn't go back to 99 but since 2000: only one missed playoff year- 00 (impressive), 3- 1st round exits, 3- 2nd round exits, and only one regional title. Respectfully, state power is a bit of a stretch...

I disagree entirely

Kevin Stacey would be a home run. Hard to believe that is true though.

While I agree that during the time span you mentioned (99- 09) that Northwest was a solid program with much success, I have to disagree with your "state power" comment. Eitel doesn't go back to 99 but since 2000: only one missed playoff year- 00 (impressive), 3- 1st round exits, 3- 2nd round exits, and only one regional title. Respectfully, state power is a bit of a stretch...

Northwest made it to 9 straight playoff appearances between 2001-2009
Yes one regional title 2004
1 AP Championship 2007
2 regional runner-ups 2003,2007
3 2nd round exits 2001,2005,2009
And yes 3 one and dones 2002,2006,2008

I don’t think calling Northwest a state power was a far stretch

Ask Steubenville fans what they thought of the 2005 game. Northwest was the best team they saw in 2005 a team that went 30-0 to 2005-2006 and won 42 straight games.

Show me a more consistent program in stark county during that time. Nobody has made it 9 years straight in stark county history. Massillon, McKinley, Louisville all have 8 straight