Northwest’s Joe Harbour Steps down

Would a younger coach like JC Pawlyk, Bryan Jones or Nick Riley consider the job or even be considered? I know Pawlyk coaches at Jackson, but where does Jones and Riley Coach?

I believe Riley is at Madison and Jones is teaching at GlenOak. Don’t think he’s coaching football right now, I like both guys along with JC Pawlyk is currently at Jackson.

Since we brought up John Mick. Would other Dad’s like Rick Wright, Jason Greenfield, and Dan Prexta apply? I know they currently are on staff and have several years of coaching experience especially at the youth level.

Would a younger coach like JC Pawlyk, Bryan Jones or Nick Riley consider the job or even be considered? I know Pawlyk coaches at Jackson, but where does Jones and Riley Coach?
would love to see riley or pawlyk take this job young coaches who would bring great energy who were great nw players who know the system and have done a great job as assistants at other schools . go nw!!!

No are you applying Stack Attack? NW going to that Stack I or Stack Defense?

No absolutely not I’m just a fan with relatives on the team. I typically go to most NW games. If I am not going I’ll hit up the game of the week in the area. I just want my alma mater to be successful on the football field.

I hear they need a coach that don’t need a job, I also hear they are looking for a older coach to bring in some displine. I heard Ed Peltz is on the list . Also heard the same names as Stroh and Dial and Tanksley John Mick.

Last edited:
I j
I hear they need a coach that don’t need a job, I also hear they are looking for a older coach to bring in some displine. I heard Ed Peltz is on the list . Also heard the same names as Stroh and Dial and Tanksley John Mick.
I just don’t understand why they are leaning towards an older coach? Look what someone like Broc Dial did with Dalton or Mark Gulling did with Tuslaw in just a couple years as a young head coach. Discipline is something you coach no matter the age. Give Stroh, Abuteen, Stacy, Riley, Pawlyk, Jones a shot. A young coach with a lot of energy. I mean look what Harbour did with Norwayne at just 30 years old.

I don't think this idea would be as far flung as some...but if I was in charge at NW and I don't feel that some of the good young assistants are quite ready to be HC yet..I would put a call in to John DeMarco. He will be a retired teacher (No need for a teaching job), a very good QB coach, and with the talented QB NW has, he may be able to recreate some of those great Louisville offenses from the past. It can't hurt to try to contact him for his thoughts!

I j

I just don’t understand why they are leaning towards an older coach? Look what someone like Broc Dial did with Dalton or Mark Gulling did with Tuslaw in just a couple years as a young head coach. Discipline is something you coach no matter the age. Give Stroh, Abuteen, Stacy, Riley, Pawlyk, Jones a shot. A young coach with a lot of energy. I mean look what Harbour did with Norwayne at just 30 years old.
Stroh is a very good coach...true NW person! Would put his heart and soul into it!

Any idea on how long the process will take to hire someone? Just curious if we will find out in the coming weeks or if it will be months still. I have no idea how that sort of thing works.

Any idea on how long the process will take to hire someone? Just curious if we will find out in the coming weeks or if it will be months still. I have no idea how that sort of thing works.

I would imagine we should know by the Christmas. Wouldn’t be shocked if they dragged this out past January

I’m hearing the AD is going old with this one, anyone getting Medicare is automatically qualified to apply.

Any asst coaches from the PAC want this job

According to the people of Canal Fulton this what I’m being told:
1. Must have prior HC experience
2. Must be on Medicare since the school is cheap and can’t create a job
3. Must be approved by Jordan Mick’s Father
4. Must have a HS diploma from Perry HS

Real shame, because I feel like there are some very qualified people that would love this job and put 110% into making this a winner

According to the people of Canal Fulton this what I’m being told:
1. Must have prior HC experience
2. Must be on Medicare since the school is cheap and can’t create a job
3. Must be approved by Jordan Mick’s Father
4. Must have a HS diploma from Perry HS

Real shame, because I feel like there are some very qualified people that would love this job and put 110% into making this a winner

Overdramatic but partially right. I’ll just say this. The name I keep hearing about i’m not real enthusiastic and don’t bad mouth Jordan’s dad. John is a great dude, could run for mayor of CF if he wanted too

He's a clown and has no chance the rest of the league would love to have him be the coach. To show how overrated the kid really is. He was a water boy while at Coventry and has no experience as a coach. The kid is a senior and how many interceptions did he have compared to TD passes. There's a reason he left Hoban and we all seen why this year

He's a clown and has no chance the rest of the league would love to have him be the coach. To show how overrated the kid really is. He was a water boy while at Coventry and has no experience as a coach. The kid is a senior and how many interceptions did he have compared to TD passes. There's a reason he left Hoban and we all seen why this year

mhmm. Sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about. Lol. If you think you know why the kid left Hoban or want to demean the kid in Social media while sitting in your moms basement. Then feel free to message me I’ll give you the dads number and you can let him know. I’m sure he will be happy to tell you. Lol

I know exactly why he left and making excuses that he wants to play with his brother is comical. They knew from day 1 his brother wasn't going to Hoban. I don't need his number I already have it and have known him for about 25 years. The dude is a pathological liar and anybody that knows him will tell you the same. He couldn't play QB there and he cant play at NW either as we all saw this year hes a running back.

Sounds like it’s personal between you and him. Must be from Manchester if you have known him for 25 years. It’s all good man. To come on here and downplay a kid tells me you either don’t have kids, or some other reason. To go on a rant about a guy you have known that long, you would think you would just tell it to the mans face lol. But what do I know. Happy ranting. And if you know EXACTLY why the young man left, then it must mean you talk to the parents a lot. Which is alarming to be nice to their face and then come on here and say these things. Just pointing out an obvious dislike for the family. If you have a team in the pac they either beat you really bad or was one of their 3 losses. In any event, you have to see them for the next 3 years technically. That anger should only get worse lol. Ouch

I know exactly why he left and making excuses that he wants to play with his brother is comical. They knew from day 1 his brother wasn't going to Hoban. I don't need his number I already have it and have known him for about 25 years. The dude is a pathological liar and anybody that knows him will tell you the same. He couldn't play QB there and he cant play at NW either as we all saw this year hes a running back.

Alrighty then, so there’s that

Big1, who should NW hire as the next Head Football Coach

thanks for changing the subject. Someone obviously has issues. I’ll be honest I’ve heard a lot of names. I’ve heard a lot of people decline. I don’t think it comes down to a “name” or“criteria”. You gotta get a guy who has a plan, who can push kids, who can have some staff come with him who has experience in coaching. I truly dont think there are many coaches out there that would feel comfortable taking a job after a 7-3 coach getting let go or stepped down or whatever really happened. I think the AD has to have a vision of where this program should be and get the guy that they feel can lead them there.

thanks for changing the subject. Someone obviously has issues. I’ll be honest I’ve heard a lot of names. I’ve heard a lot of people decline. I don’t think it comes down to a “name” or“criteria”. You gotta get a guy who has a plan, who can push kids, who can have some staff come with him who has experience in coaching. I truly dont think there are many coaches out there that would feel comfortable taking a job after a 7-3 coach getting let go or stepped down or whatever really happened. I think the AD has to have a vision of where this program should be and get the guy that they feel can lead them there.

I agree, many people on the outside are wondering what on earth is going on with Northwest they had their best season in 8 years and the coach decides to “step down”. That’s why I think they need a younger positive coach who can get these kids to run through a brick wall for him. The names I keep hearing are laughable and if the district has any sense they don’t hire a retired guy

I agree, many people on the outside are wondering what on earth is going on with Northwest they had their best season in 8 years and the coach decides to “step down”. That’s why I think they need a younger positive coach who can get these kids to run through a brick wall for him. The names I keep hearing are laughable and if the district has any sense they don’t hire a retired guy

yea I agree. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 30 days

I agree, many people on the outside are wondering what on earth is going on with Northwest they had their best season in 8 years and the coach decides to “step down”.
The "why is the job open" question is the key one that will need answered. Harbour was VERY well respected in both conferences he coached in. Most distaste was simple jealousy because he usually got all he could out of what he had.

Don't know most of the names being shared, but will say that NW should be considered PAC co-favorites with CVCA next year just based on returning talent. That said reminds me of Dalton years ago. Their coach retired with a really good group of kids coming back and not much after that. The idea was let the new guy have some success before the lean years set in. Dalton hired a young hot shot assistant from a big school. He took them to playoffs, then left after the season to go back to a bigger school because they had no chance to win. They put a notch in their playoff belt, but he'd done nothing to work on building the program.

Not sure if that applies here, but like my thrice-divorced uncle said "there's a reason super models don't have 20 year wedding anniversaries."

Seth Whiting will not leave Alliance for NW. I see Coach Whiting staying around for awhile, I wouldn’t be surprise in a few years if a bigger job opened he would throw his name in the mix. People rumored on here McKinley had some interest but he declined.

Abueteen I know nothing about except he has a killer Mustache.
Alliance won the EBC and advanced to D2 playoffs and it was really a "reloading" year with a pretty young team. 2020 may be Whiting's best team and I don't see him leaving for NW. Maybe a Federal League job in the future but not right now. But I do think NW is an attractive job for a good young coach.